Georgia vs Auburn (Dawgs and Tigers and Elephants, Oh My!!!)

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Bama matches up better with AU than UGA. UGA is about controlling the line of scrimmage on offense and running the ball. That’ll be hard to do with AU. Bama can scheme around the AU D line much better.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
This is a real head scratcher. I agree, short of a Heisman performance by Nix I don't think auburn has enough offense to win this game. I see Carlson and Blankenship exchanging probably 2-3 field goals. Then UGA makes a late push to win by 4-6.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I’ve said it on here before....seems like Auburn’s offense works until people start to figure it out. Georgia is a solid team and will probably win this game. Auburn saves their best for Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Aubrens defense is going to give them a real shot at a win. Heck if the gamecocks can do it so can aubren.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...l-playoff-committee-has-a-sense-of-humor.html

I honestly can’t believe anyone on here would pull for Auburn.

As far as a prediction goes. Auburn is coming off a bye week, auburn has home field advantage. Georgia is a little banged up from the Missouri game

It will be a low scoring defensive game and turnovers will be a huge deciding factor. I would be surprised to see Auburn ahead at half with Georgia coming back in a close one.

We will see

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Bama matches up better with AU than UGA. UGA is about controlling the line of scrimmage on offense and running the ball. That’ll be hard to do with AU. Bama can scheme around the AU D line much better.
Actually I’m not sure about that. AU has a gimmicky offense that’s requires gap soundness and if there is anything that this group has really struggled with it’s that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Cannot pull for auburn to win. I will pull for LSU to beat Georgia, then a one loss Bama jumps a two loss Georgia.
Unless Auburn is 2 loss and ranked in the top ten when Bama plays them, then Bamas chances for the playoffs is very low. Which means we need an Auburn win vs UGA or we are probably going to the Sugar Bowl to play the Golden Gophers.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Sorry but I can't pull for the boogs.
Do you Love Alabama more than you dislike/hate AU?? I DO!!!

Brother if I knew for a 100% fact that any superstitious rituals I could undertake would lead to....

1)AU beating UGA......which would lead to.....

2)Alabama beating a Top 5-10 AU to sneak Alabama into the Playoff backdoor as the #4 Seed.....which would lead to

3)Alabama getting revenge on BOTH LSU and Clemson to win ANOTHER National Championship....

Well....

If I 100% knew all that.... I'd wear an AU shirt and hat with Life-Sized Tiger Plush in the room and a Pet Bird named 'Aurea Nova Borealis' flying around while I rolled every plant in the house with Toilet paper singing the lyrics to 'War Eagle'.

We as a fan-base need to have our cheering priorities straight for the next 4 weeks.

I'm about what helps Alabama get into the Playoffs.... Period.

CrimsonTusk

1st Team
Sep 14, 2003
Florence AL USA
Unless Auburn is 2 loss and ranked in the top ten when Bama plays them, then Bamas chances for the playoffs is very low. Which means we need an Auburn win vs UGA or we are probably going to the Sugar Bowl to play the Golden Gophers.
Since auburn already has two losses and will have three when they lose to Georgia and four after we beat them,... a Georgia loss to LSU and we keep winning,... we are in. Nope, not pulling for auburn.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Since auburn already has two losses and will have three when they lose to Georgia and four after we beat them,... a Georgia loss to LSU and we keep winning,... we are in. Nope, not pulling for auburn.
I'm not so sure about that. If Oregon and Utah both win out, the winner of the Pac12 will have one loss, a conference championship, and a win over either #6 or #7 depending on who wins. I'm afraid the committee would think that trumps our win over Auburn.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Do you Love Alabama more than you dislike/hate AU?? I DO!!!

Brother if I knew for a 100% fact that any superstitious rituals I could undertake would lead to....

1)AU beating UGA......which would lead to.....

2)Alabama beating a Top 5-10 AU to sneak Alabama into the Playoff backdoor as the #4 Seed.....which would lead to

3)Alabama getting revenge on BOTH LSU and Clemson to win ANOTHER National Championship....

Well....

If I 100% knew all that.... I'd wear an AU shirt and hat with Life-Sized Tiger Plush in the room and a Pet Bird named 'Aurea Nova Borealis' flying around while I rolled every plant in the house with Toilet paper singing the lyrics to 'War Eagle'.

We as a fan-base need to have our cheering priorities straight for the next 4 weeks.

I'm about what helps Alabama get into the Playoffs.... Period.
I think the Big12 and Pac12 champs having 2 losses in more important than Au beating Ga. If Au wins fine but I'm not wearing orange and navy glasses.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I'm not so sure about that. If Oregon and Utah both win out, the winner of the Pac12 will have one loss, a conference championship, and a win over either #6 or #7 depending on who wins. I'm afraid the committee would think that trumps our win over Auburn.

I don't know about this particular committee, but if it comes down to a reall debate as to 1 loss pac 12 champ vs 1 loss Alabama, don't think for a second tv ratings won't come into play. I don't think they'd ever admit it but TV money talks.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's the perfect game to know that if the Barn manages to win it helps us, but it they lose we can enjoy that too.

It's a win-win no matter who wins!!!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think the Big12 and Pac12 champs having 2 losses in more important than Au beating Ga. If Au wins fine but I'm not wearing orange and navy glasses.
I'm not worried about the Big12. OU has a worse loss than we do and they were punished again really for narrowly escaping another loss. They will probably split their games with Baylor 1-1 anyway.

If a 10-1 Alabama HAMMERS a Top 5-10 AU team at 9-2 that will be a great final statement and one that also helps the Pac-12 situation if Oregon is a 12-1 Champ with their loss being to that same AU team. Even if it's Utah at 12-1 that means their only good win was against Oregon and their loss would be to a 4 Loss (at least) USCw team.

Once UGA goes down, Alabama will be the best 1-Loss team. It's already set up for us to move to #4 and no other 1-Loss team will have a 'better loss'.... by only 5 Points to the Unanimous #1 Team.

We are sitting in a pretty good spot all things considered.

Yes we have to win our games 1st and foremost and do it convincingly but if/when that happens we have better than a 50/50 shot at getting in.... it's probably 70/30 or better when you factor in the 'Eye Test' and what the ratings would be with a field of:

1) LSU
2)tOSU
3) Clemson
4) Alabama

An LSU/Bama rematch would do BIGTIME TV ratings just like this past weeks game.

LSU vs Utah or even Oregon.... not so much.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Biggest rated regular season game in years. If you want to get all conspiratorial, that's one big edge to Alabama.
I'm not sure if TV ratings matter as much to the committee. However it matters to fans and those guys on the committee are college football fans and I think anybody who is a college football fan would like to see that rematch, especially wanting to see Tua at full strength take on JB. It's exciting to imagine the possibility of both of those offenses trading blows.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.