2020 Prospect: 5* TE Darnell Washington

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We don't have a thread for Darnell and thought I would start one. There is a premium article on BOL from Hank South asking if Washington will commit sooner than expected. Coming off his OV and Bryce Young recruiting players I am hoping this is good news for us. UGA is our biggest competition.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
If this kid can't see the gaping hole in our roster that he can step right through, he needs a service animal.

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
We don't have a thread for Darnell and thought I would start one. There is a premium article on BOL from Hank South asking if Washington will commit sooner than expected. Coming off his OV and Bryce Young recruiting players I am hoping this is good news for us. UGA is our biggest competition.
Problem UGA has is when is their last TE worth anything and who's their QB ?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Problem UGA has is when is their last TE worth anything and who's their QB ?
I think Fromm stays his senior year. I hope not, especially since we have to play UGA next year with a new QB ourselves.

I hope Darnell comes to Bama since we missed out on Gilbert. We need someone like that big time.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think Fromm stays his senior year. I hope not, especially since we have to play UGA next year with a new QB ourselves.

I hope Darnell comes to Bama since we missed out on Gilbert. We need someone like that big time.
I think Fromm leaves...……….he might go pretty high in the draft, and he wants the next level

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Realistically, Fromm will be in Athens next year. With Tua, Hurts and Burrow in this year's draft, I don't see him getting a sniff the first two rounds... :cool2:

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Realistically, Fromm will be in Atrhens next year. With Tua, Hurts and Burrow in this year's draft, I don't see him getting a sniff the first two rounds... :cool2:
If three QBs go in round one, they will be Tua, Burrow and Herbert - and all will go early. Fromm & Jalen would go 4th/5th, but both likely in the 2nd round, but with the top 3 going so early, one could slide into round #1.

If Fromm waits one more year, he is almost certainly the 1st QB taken. Huge difference in $$$. HUGE.

Even if Fromm gets a 1st round grade, he should stay one more season.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I agree....I see another Aaron Murray type trajectory.GREAT collegiate QB. (I think Murray led or leads in all-time SEC passing yards.) But then he's a clipboard holder. He's only starting in the XFL...

***Being a backup QB in the NFL is just about the best gig in life, so I'm not making fun at all. I honestly just don't see him being successful at the next level.

If three QBs go in round one, they will be Tua, Burrow and Herbert - and all will go early. Fromm & Jalen would go 4th/5th, but both likely in the 2nd round, but with the top 3 going so early, one could slide into round #1.

If Fromm waits one more year, he is almost certainly the 1st QB taken. Huge difference in $$$. HUGE.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Next year, Trevor Lawrence will be a junior. But, I think he stays his senior year too. I like Fromm, except when he is playing Bama. :) If he stays next year, and Bama has a new QB, it will be a very tough game. Don't we play them the 3rd game of the season? Too bad that game can't be a year later when UGA will definitely have a new QB.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Next year, Trevor Lawrence will be a junior. But, I think he stays his senior year too. I like Fromm, except when he is playing Bama. :) If he stays next year, and Bama has a new QB, it will be a very tough game. Don't we play them the 3rd game of the season? Too bad that game can't be a year later when UGA will definitely have a new QB.
They lose quite a few players though

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I see no way that Trevor Lawrence stays in Clemson any longer than possible. Last year there was talk that he should take next year (his Jr. year) off and work out for the draft...He'll most likely be number 1 overall...why would he come back?

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I agree....I see another Aaron Murray type trajectory.GREAT collegiate QB. (I think Murray led or leads in all-time SEC passing yards.) But then he's a clipboard holder. He's only starting in the XFL...

***Being a backup QB in the NFL is just about the best gig in life, so I'm not making fun at all. I honestly just don't see him being successful at the next level.

not just about, it is the best gig. Matt Schaub has made nearly a 100 million playing in the NFL as mostly a backup, and he never plays. Good work if you can get it

Reactions: Bubbaloo

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I see no way that Trevor Lawrence stays in Clemson any longer than possible. Last year there was talk that he should take next year (his Jr. year) off and work out for the draft...He'll most likely be number 1 overall...why would he come back?
Because Dabo is the innkeeper of the Hotel Clemson-fornia

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Do you think that Alabama has a shot at Washington?

I read that Bryce Young talked to him a lot last weekend at the game, etc. I sure hope Bama can get him. I imagine it is between Bama and UGA and maybe another school. I have not heard any updates on him. Since he knows he has a good chance of starting next year, maybe that will sway him. :)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I read that Bryce Young talked to him a lot last weekend at the game, etc. I sure hope Bama can get him. I imagine it is between Bama and UGA and maybe another school. I have not heard any updates on him. Since he knows he has a good chance of starting next year, maybe that will sway him. :)
If he can block and catch both, I would think the staff would prefer that to some cobbled together scheme with converted OL. And that’s not a slap at Randolph or Owens in any way. Kudos to those guys for stepping up as best they can.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.