Link: Ohio House Passes Bill to Protect Students from Knowledge

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I expected something like this from Alabama or Mississippi. I thought Ohio was supposed to be a moderate state.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
“On the Origin of the Species” was published in 1859 so creationists have only had 160 years to disprove the theory of evolution. Any day now.

A few years back one of the pastors at my church compared the likelihood that evolution occurring was similar to the chances of a BMW motor putting itself together if all the parts were in the same room. Bless his heart.

It is truly surprising this is happening in Ohio rather than a southern state.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
“On the Origin of the Species” was published in 1859 so creationists have only had 160 years to disprove the theory of evolution. Any day now.

A few years back one of the pastors at my church compared the likelihood that evolution occurring was similar to the chances of a BMW motor putting itself together if all the parts were in the same room. Bless his heart.

It is truly surprising this is happening in Ohio rather than a southern state.

the State the continues to re-elect Jim Jordan can claim no superiority over anyone

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
A few years ago, there was lots of talk about a flying spagetti monster or something equally ridiculous, that was the center of worship for the religion he led. Of course, it was made up to emphasize how bizarre things could get if we start accommodating each religion's priorities.

And then of course there's the Rasta men from Jamacia, who claim smoking herb is their way of worship. Higher Heights.

And then we have the Satanic Religion, that has sponsored to putting up statues of the devil in public places.

Why can't these religious nuts pushing this stuff see it makes them no better than the Muslim clerics they are so worried about?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
the State the continues to re-elect Jim Jordan can claim no superiority over anyone
I'm represented by Mo Brooks. Once he figures out he should take of his jacket off for one of his televised rants, he may give Jordan a run for his money.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm represented by Mo Brooks. Once he figures out he should take of his jacket off for one of his televised rants, he may give Jordan a run for his money.

Pretty sure Mo didn't look the other way as athletes he was supposed to care for were being molested by a serial molester over more than a decade. I mean I get that Mo is a nutbag but I think even he isn't that kind of evil

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
A few years ago, there was lots of talk about a flying spagetti monster or something equally ridiculous, that was the center of worship for the religion he led. Of course, it was made up to emphasize how bizarre things could get if we start accommodating each religion's priorities.

And then of course there's the Rasta men from Jamacia, who claim smoking herb is their way of worship. Higher Heights.

And then we have the Satanic Religion, that has sponsored to putting up statues of the devil in public places.

Why can't these religious nuts pushing this stuff see it makes them no better than the Muslim clerics they are so worried about?
because they are right

seriously that is their answer

If this law would have been in place while I was in highschool I would have a perfect 4.0 in all science classes. I would have exploited this until my parents stopped me or I ended up in court

I look forward to seeing what the Satanic Temple's response is if this actually becomes law

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Depends on how the questions are worded. I had many biology classes through college and medical school. Professors appropriately phrased the questions with, “According to the theory of...” or “Based upon Darwin’s findings...” with no issues in getting the intended answers. Science can be taught in the classroom without relegating the religious as uninformed.

The best scientists assert their conclusions while also stating the limitations of their research. There are some things that cannot be observed and are thus theorized as the best possible atheistic proposals. But they remain theories, and we would do well to be honest about that. I know the difference between faith and scientific theory and law. I believe there is a God. So if a student wants to miss a question on comparing the theories of Scientists X and Y based on religious grounds, it should be counted wrong, so long as the question is not intended to portray the theories as fact if they cannot be proven as fact.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Depends on how the questions are worded. I had many biology classes through college and medical school. Professors appropriately phrased the questions with, “According to the theory of...” or “Based upon Darwin’s findings...” with no issues in getting the intended answers. Science can be taught in the classroom without relegating the religious as uninformed.

The best scientists assert their conclusions while also stating the limitations of their research. There are some things that cannot be observed and are thus theorized as the best possible atheistic proposals. But they remain theories, and we would do well to be honest about that. I know the difference between faith and scientific theory and law. I believe there is a God. So if a student wants to miss a question on comparing the theories of Scientists X and Y based on religious grounds, it should be counted wrong, so long as the question is not intended to portray the theories as fact if they cannot be proven as fact.
The word "theory" has a specific scientific meaning. Here is a good explanation...

Live Science

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Completely on board with the lay vs scientific meanings. My main emphasis is that science has limitations. When those limitations are reached, we do ourselves a significant disservice to continue past them with claims as if those claims are irrefutable.

The word "theory" has a specific scientific meaning. Here is a good explanation...

Live Science

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Completely on board with the lay vs scientific meanings. My main emphasis is that science has limitations. When those limitations are reached, we do ourselves a significant disservice to continue past them with claims as if those claims are irrefutable.
I trust you don't take that approach with the theory of gravitation like you do with the theory of evolution. Pretty irrefutable that you can't exit a ten story building safely from a window with no fire exit

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I trust you don't take that approach with the theory of gravitation like you do with the theory of evolution. Pretty irrefutable that you can't exit a ten story building safely from a window with no fire exit
One is observable in real time, the other is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
How much of a disservice is done by attributing everything that can’t be explained by science to a magical sky being?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.