Corndog ban (there is none)...

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I’m on a Facebook group that is supposed to be a Bama fans page. There are LSU fans taking over the page, and it really does make me understand why they are banned here. And, it also gives me appreciation for the administrations that we have here at tidefans.
Just want to send out a thank you to the hard work that the administrators do to keep the trash out of here. There’s nothing except respectful objective opinions allowed here.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Re: Corndog ban

I thought they did away with the ban a few years back
They did. As far as I know, there is only one regular poster though, and his son attends UA. He's been nothing but gracious, even after last weekend.

I think there have been a few posers who tried to sneak in under the guise of an Alabama screen name since the game, but they were quickly zapped.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

I think I have read the post from the gentleman that you are referring. But, he is very knowledgeable, and respectful. And, that’s what I like about tidefans. The trolls don’t stay very long.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

They did. As far as I know, there is only one regular poster though, and his son attends UA. He's been nothing but gracious, even after last weekend.

I think there have been a few posers who tried to sneak in under the guise of an Alabama screen name since the game, but they were quickly zapped.
There are a few old LSU posters pre 2011 that have came back from time to time, but I dont think any came around lately.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I’m on a Facebook group that is supposed to be a Bama fans page. There are LSU fans taking over the page, and it really does make me understand why they are banned here. And, it also gives me appreciation for the administrations that we have here at tidefans.
Just want to send out a thank you to the hard work that the administrators do to keep the trash out of here. There’s nothing except respectful objective opinions allowed here.
We don't have a ban against LSU posters at all and haven't, as some others have said, for a good many years. There have been a few trolls come in with misleading names, just to get jabs in, but, as the others have said, they don't last long. Respectful, cogent comments from LSU fans are welcomed. I've actually cleared a number of LSU-specific usernames in the last week but none have posted...

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I think Oscar Meyer corn dogs can post now but state fair con dogs are still banned.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

It's not that our Admin. guys ban LSU fans, it's the fact that lots of them try to come in this time of year, and all they want to do is Crow, and bad mouth Alabama.
Both of these things get old real fast.
Our Admin guys keep a lot of us from getting in trouble.
It's sometimes a struggle to follow our rules, when an instigator riles us up.
SO... My policy is to not fuss or fight on our forum.
(I LIKE IT HERE)
I do this because I have a quick temper.
A short fuse only pours gas on a fire... So No Sharp Come Backs.

Our forum will never be mistaken for TIGER DROPPINGS.
(Are those guys still in business?)

Last edited:

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I will just say that there are some LSU fans on other sites just crowing unbelievable. They are classless trolls, and a big thank you to tidefans admins.
Thankfully there is a place that has knowledgeable people that are respectful without the nasty trolls.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
If I was LSU I’d just enjoy the win and act like you’ve been there (even though they haven’t been for awhile). I was always told not to burn bridges at work because they may be your new boss someday. Same goes here...yesterday’s win can be gravel in your mouth if LSU has to face Bama again in the CFP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Really just comes down to acting like you have been there and they have not been there to often so ......…….. This could be said for a number of our "friends" out there not just LSU fans. Just let them say what they will and move on with class because we have been there before period.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I'm happy for them and their coach. They just conquered what has been a mountain of an opponent for them, for years. I wish them luck going forward, and I do think they are either the best team in college football right now, or the 2nd best.

All that said, they need to watch it with the crap-talking, because next season, they are essentially rebuilding. New QB, nearly completely new defense, and probably some coaching defections. It could be a long season, and people will take it out on them.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

We don't have a ban against LSU posters at all and haven't, as some others have said, for a good many years. There have been a few trolls come in with misleading names, just to get jabs in, but, as the others have said, they don't last long. Respectful, cogent comments from LSU fans are welcomed. I've actually cleared a number of LSU-specific usernames in the last week but none have posted...
EXACTLY!

having folks like LSUgrad2BamaDad, bazza, AUdub, the OU guys, etc. make it all the more interesting - and informative. We welcome folks from all schools so long as they're not here to troll. They're on a tighter leash because, after all, this is 'Bama board, but otherwise, we certainly gain a lot from their participation.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

EXACTLY!

having folks like LSUgrad2BamaDad, bazza, AUdub, the OU guys, etc. make it all the more interesting - and informative. We welcome folks from all schools so long as they're not here to troll. They're on a tighter leash because, after all, this is 'Bama board, but otherwise, we certainly gain a lot from their participation.
It seems the rival posters who are able to exist on this board are ones who don't have an underlying "hate" for Alabama. The ones that do it begins to "leak" in their posting. They do their best to mask it initially but the more they post the more the hatred leaks.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It seems the rival posters who are able to exist on this board are ones who don't have an underlying "hate" for Alabama. The ones that do it begins to "leak" in their posting. They do their best to mask it initially but the more they post the more the hatred leaks.
When that happens, I frequently PM the poster and ask them why they're even interested in posting on TF. What I get in return is frequently the printed equivalent of a stammer...

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

Big difference in LSUgrad2BamaDad and those examples you are speaking of. Our guy communicates with common decency, and recognizes that the State of Alabama is one of our 50 states. I read his posts with regularity, and sometimes forget that he is an LSU grad.
I have been blessed to work with a number of great folks from LSU. I can certainly understand why an LSU grad feels pride from his or her accomplishments there. Same with Bama. Same with Awbun. Or Florida. All are worthy institutions.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t have a problem with fans of other schools posting here if they mind their manners. I wouldn’t last long on a barn board so I don’t post there.

Reading the perspective of a fan of our biggest rival is interesting. I wouldn’t mind more places represented, even Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MungBard

Nov 16, 2019
Baton Rouge
I'm a new corndog addition to the site (obviously no ban in effect); came here to offer my condolences for the loss of Tua and to see what kind of overall reaction the situation was getting from the Tide faithful. I certainly appreciate being allowed to join the board and engage in the conversation. I'm a die-hard LSU fan (currently working on my PhD dissertation, which will be my third degree from here), am employed at LSU, and knew Saban when he was coaching here (former director of the LSU Sports museum). I will not claim that I don't see the world shaded in purple and gold, but I do my best to be objective and rational in my commentary and look forward to some good, spirited interaction with your many wonderful fans. Cheers!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.