Game Thread: Bama vs. Rhode Island

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I think we're gonna just have to grit our teeth through some more games like this this season. Flashes of excellence combined with stretches of struggling to adapt to a completely new style of play, exacerbated by a lack of depth inflicted by injuries and those weasels at the NCAA. Probably gonna be and up-and-down season.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I think we're gonna just have to grit our teeth through some more games like this this season. Flashes of excellence combined with stretches of struggling to adapt to a completely new style of play, exacerbated by a lack of depth inflicted by injuries and those weasels at the NCAA. Probably gonna be and up-and-down season.
Probably accurate. The injuries and NCAA are conspiring to make this season much worse than it would have otherwise been.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Tonight showed, even with a lack of depth, this dog a lot of fight in it. I love teams with toughness and doesn’t quit.

Down 22, it would have been easy to throw dirt in them. But coming back to cut this thing to 5 with a chance to cut it further shows me something.

Going to be a tough season, but it will be to see how much they can progress this year.

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019
Beetle Bolden was Poison every time he touched the ball tonight.
Kira is elite, Davis just might be a stud and Herb looks like he has put in the work on his offense to possibly be really good on both ends.

Defense has got to be better, but hopefully that will come.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
At times, yes, but there were stretches of resiliency that weren't there before. Probably not realistic to expect Oats to coach away bad habits built up over 2-3 years. I think they'll improve as the season goes on - some big, unexpected wins along with more frustrating losses. I figure the overall trend to be towards improvement.
Reminded of Avery tonight.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Terrible 1st half. 33 points off turnovers for RI. That said, we had a chance but Beetle decided to play hero ball rather than have awareness of what was working offensively and go back to that.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
I still say there is a game we will win and not supposed too. I have been saying we will have bumps in the road .

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
At times, yes, but there were stretches of resiliency that weren't there before. Probably not realistic to expect Oats to coach away bad habits built up over 2-3 years. I think they'll improve as the season goes on - some big, unexpected wins along with more frustrating losses. I figure the overall trend to be towards improvement.
I agree with you 100% he needs to recruit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.