December Sign Date?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
When they first proposed the early signing date I thought it was to give northern teams an advantage of not having recruits on campus during the snow and cold weather. Have to say, surprisingly to me, that I now like it and find the February signing date kind of anti-climactic.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
From all I have read, he is pretty tough................they say Jalen speed and Tua accuracy
IMO, Young is not as fast as Jalen, closer to Tua in speed, but is slight and a bit shorter. He does have large hands and has the frame to add more weight. Don't know if he is through growing in height - now about 5'11". He is very quick, elusive and nifty in the pocket - much more than Jalen, maybe even more so than Tua. He seems to be very intelligent with the ball. Seems to be a great kid, leader, very aware and bright.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
IMO, Young is not as fast as Jalen, closer to Tua in speed, but is slight and a bit shorter. He does have large hands and has the frame to add more weight. Don't know if he is through growing in height - now about 5'11". He is very quick, elusive and nifty in the pocket - much more than Jalen, maybe even more so than Tua. He seems to be very intelligent with the ball. Seems to be a great kid, leader, very aware and bright.
Cant wait to see him play

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The last game I saw on TV for him, he looks like he needs to gain that weight.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
"More than a dozen of the players signing early also plan to enroll early. The Tide’s current three 5-Star commits, Bryce Young, Chris Braswell and Drew Sanders are among that group. Also planning to enroll early are 4-Star linebackers Demouy Kennedy and Will Anderson."

https://bamahammer.com/2018/11/16/alabama-crimson-tide-holiday-gift-guide/

I just read on another Bama site that the 3 star Tight End, Cayden Clark, who is committed to Bama and was to enroll early, tore his ACL and MCL last week. He will not enroll until the summer now.

That is the 2nd player committed to Bama who has had a season ending injury that I know of. Let's hope their injury luck is much better at Bama.

I am so frustrated with the injury bug at Bama...now it is filtering down to the high school commits.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I just read on another Bama site that the 3 star Tight End, Cayden Clark, who is committed to Bama and was to enroll early, tore his ACL and MCL last week. He will not enroll until the summer now.

That is the 2nd player committed to Bama who has had a season ending injury that I know of. Let's hope their injury luck is much better at Bama.

I am so frustrated with the injury bug at Bama...now it is filtering down to the high school commits.
Coach Cochran strikes again. Is there something wrong with what we are doing to strengthen these guys tendons and ligaments?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Yep, here is the story - https://247sports.com/college/alaba...a-Crimson-Tide-football-recruiting-139212727/

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Coach Cochran strikes again. Is there something wrong with what we are doing to strengthen these guys tendons and ligaments?
I've heard a lot of theories about the inexplicable rash of injuries. I doubt there is a single cause, I do think that historically Bama has had a lot of tough players, more in the line with McLain, Hightower, and Shane Lee, but more and more we are looking for speed and those guys are more slightly built, and therefore breakable. I think they need to take a hard look at practice methods. The last two seasons we lost too much before the first game to reasonably replace. Other schools are not having this issue so somethings got to change. Perhaps kids today are just not strong enough to do what kids in the past did, either that or they are so big and strong that they are killing each other just by falling on each other in piles.

Then again our tackling has been excruciatingly bad this year, so heck I don't know what to do. Just find out why Barmore is the way he is and find a bunch more guys like that.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
...Other schools are not having this issue so somethings got to change...
Other schools do have such problems, we just aren't paying attention to them, though most don't have them as much as Bama has had recently but almost everyone has some. Remember that Bama did not have a starting QB miss even one game in CNS's first 10 or 11 years. Then Tua and Jalen as a backup both missed games. Both kids are stout, certainly stouter than all of the previous QBs but Coker. There is a lot of good and bad fortune in sports - injury luck is a big part of big time football. Bama had a of lot of good fortune for a while but not the last 3 years.

...Just find out why Barmore is the way he is and find a bunch more guys like that...
Barmore is certainly disruptive but one reason why, there are others, is that he oftens plays only one of the 2 gaps for which he is responsible allowing him more time to make plays. There are fans that think CNS doesn't know what he is doing, just shooting from the hip. There are always reasons for what he does and almost always very good ones that we, including myself, who don't know 1/1000 of what he does about running a football program, are unaware of.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.