Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. MSU...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Bruised ribs suck so much for something that is nothing more than a "let it heal up" deal.
Back in the early '90s, a guy, well "jerk", speared me in the side with his boar while I was surfing in "Hell Hole" at the bottom of the Ocoee. He broke four ribs, displacing and overlapping the bottom one. I had to rent a hospital bed for four weeks with a lift to help me sit up. My biggest dreads were coughs, sneezes and laughing. As you say, there's nothing to do but wait it out...

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
If anyone knows about QB injuries it's him, he lost two in one season, one in fall camp in one in the Michigan game.
Urban told a Tebow story on the post-game show yesterday, and how he felt forced to play Tebow even though he wanted him to sit. If I remember it correctly, Tebow had sustained a concussion a couple of weeks before, and Urban said he wasn't going to play him in the big game coming up, even though he had been cleared by the doctors. Urban said Tebow and his dad came to see him and basically told Urban how dare you not play me when I've been cleared by the doctors. Urban relented, even though in his judgement Tebow wasn't ready to play. Coaches can really be in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm proud of the players fighting hard. they did much better on Defense. I can tell there was lot of better discipline and better focus this time. If we can continue that this weekend, we will be just fine against auburn. I expect few players to sit out against the WC this weekend. I think we will see Mac playing 2 quarters.... but we will see lot of Tauila this weekend. it's critical to get Tauila to get some timing down because if mac goes down.... Tauila going to have to be ready.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I get the question but at this point, does his red shirt mean anything?
I don't know. Probably not since he'll surely get some playing time against WCU.

I'm asking because I was surprised to see him put in for a series to run out the clock and hand the ball off to our 3rd string RB. That seemed pointless. I'm all for giving Lia meaningful reps to help him get ready should Mac get injured. But I didn't know if he's played enough this year to burn his shirt at this point.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know. Probably not since he'll surely get some playing time against WCU.

I'm asking because I was surprised to see him put in for a series to run out the clock and hand the ball off to our 3rd string RB. That seemed pointless. I'm all for giving Lia meaningful reps to help him get ready should Mac get injured. But I didn't know if he's played enough this year to burn his shirt at this point.
He has played in 4 games. His redshirt is not burned yet, but likely will be this week.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
He has played in 4 games. His redshirt is not burned yet, but likely will be this week.
Thanks, B1GTide. Two games burned in garbage time. That's a shame. But I guess it doesn't matter now, under the circumstances. He needs the reps this weekend in case he has to play in the Iron Bowl.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Thanks, B1GTide. Two games burned in garbage time. That's a shame. But I guess it doesn't matter now, under the circumstances. He needs the reps this weekend in case he has to play in the Iron Bowl.
And that's what i was meaning with my post.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.