Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. MSU...

Richtide

1st Team
Jan 3, 2014
With 6 min remaining in the second quarter we were outgained and only outscored them 3-0. Despite poor tackling, predictable play calling, poor tackling, huge lack of discipline, things we’ve seen all season long, we won 38-7 and are #5. Saban’s coaching got us there. Good bet Tua is lost for the year. Auburn likely a loss now since we can’t stop the misdirection runs and that is all they run and their front 7 will pressure Mac into poor throws like we saw today. The committee will relish matching us against OU in the Sugar Bowl. Jalen will have 600 yards and with no Natty to play for probably another SB blow out.

When this season is over we will realize the season was lost when McMillon and Moses went down. Will be interesting to see how many players declare. This season should leave a bad taste in their mouth. Lost opportunity, lack of leadership. Clemson experienced this 4 years ago and most came back. We will see what our players decide. Can’t blame them for chasing money, but how many times has Saban talked about this group of players not buying in, putting in the work, or not putting out effort? I trust Saban to evaluate our OC and DC. Offensive play calling predictable, several opposing coaches have mentioned how easy it is to prepare for us, and our defense has issues with poor tackling. Both sides undisciplined. Most of all that is coaching and technique. Gameday had a good segment on Coach O about the difference in his HC is getting the best coordinators and letting them go and getting out of their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I have been an RN for almost 25 years. I always tell people that you can visit a hospital 100 times, the first 99 can be perfect and that 100th visit can be the worst experience you have ever had. Humans make mistakes. That is why we have all of the safety procedures in place. Also remember a nurse or doctor has license to "practice" medicine. Praying that Tua will make afull recovery and play for many years in the NFL, RTR
1) In the technical sense, you can get any infection at almost any time and particularly in a hospital (nosocomial infections).

2) I don't know the specifics of Prothro but I'd think the bone was exposed, meaning your assessment is correct.

3) "Long bone fractures" can cause a fat embolism (e.g. a blood clot) that can kill as well. That happened to Rodney Stowers of MSU in 1991 (ironically, treated by the orthopedist that treated my best friend at the time for a similar injury).

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
With 6 min remaining in the second quarter we were outgained and only outscored them 3-0. Despite poor tackling, predictable play calling, poor tackling, huge lack of discipline, things we’ve seen all season long, we won 38-7 and are #5. Saban’s coaching got us there. Good bet Tua is lost for the year. Auburn likely a loss now since we can’t stop the misdirection runs and that is all they run and their front 7 will pressure Mac into poor throws like we saw today. The committee will relish matching us against OU in the Sugar Bowl. Jalen will have 600 yards and with no Natty to play for probably another SB blow out.

When this season is over we will realize the season was lost when McMillon and Moses went down. Will be interesting to see how many players declare. This season should leave a bad taste in their mouth. Lost opportunity, lack of leadership. Clemson experienced this 4 years ago and most came back. We will see what our players decide. Can’t blame them for chasing money, but how many times has Saban talked about this group of players not buying in, putting in the work, or not putting out effort? I trust Saban to evaluate our OC and DC. Offensive play calling predictable, several opposing coaches have mentioned how easy it is to prepare for us, and our defense has issues with poor tackling. Both sides undisciplined. Most of all that is coaching and technique. Gameday had a good segment on Coach O about the difference in his HC is getting the best coordinators and letting them go and getting out of their way.

Agree with most of what you're saying but if the opposing coaches think our offense is predictable, they still have yet to stop it. The team put up 41 in their only loss.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This reminds me of the Tuscaloosa newspaper headlines September 1988: "Saddest Bama Victory Ever."
Bama defeated Vandy 44-10, but lost Bobby Humphrey and Gene Jelks in the same game.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have been an RN for almost 25 years. I always tell people that you can visit a hospital 100 times, the first 99 can be perfect and that 100th visit can be the worst experience you have ever had. Humans make mistakes. That is why we have all of the safety procedures in place. Also remember a nurse or doctor has license to "practice" medicine. Praying that Tua will make afull recovery and play for many years in the NFL, RTR
I took Orthopedics years ago, and I recall the instructor saying - repeatedly - "The odds of a major surgical complication are one in ten million; of course, if it's you, it's one in one."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - not that this has ANYTHING to do with Tua because it doesn't - but......

this week I again came across the word glioblastoma in relation to someone younger than I.

It hurts. EVERY TIME - it hurts, even when it's a stranger.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Btw - not that this has ANYTHING to do with Tua because it doesn't - but......

this week I again came across the word glioblastoma in relation to someone younger than I.

It hurts. EVERY TIME - it hurts, even when it's a stranger.
Well, it took out my brother and a first cousin, but why here?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well, it took out my brother and a first cousin, but why here?
I guess I'm getting older, and I'm getting more........discouraged on injury to people.

Maybe that's why.

(The MRSA thing set me off, so I'll bow out and go cool down a bit save for the Barn thread).

Richtide

1st Team
Jan 3, 2014
Agree with most of what you're saying but if the opposing coaches think our offense is predictable, they still have yet to stop it. The team put up 41 in their only loss.
Predictable doesn’t mean they can stop it. We have better talent and usually out execute so that approach works. Against the elite teams, not so much. Dabo’s staff said this exact point last year in post game. They spent 6 weeks+ on new O and D schemes. They know Saban is not going to change what he does, his team will practice and practice to perfection. Venables said there wasn’t a single play they hadn’t seen 10 times on film. How many times in losses or close wins does the staff and players say “they used a lot of formations we hadn’t seen in film”?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.