Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. MSU...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Disappointed in quite a few on here today. Many don’t have their priorities straight. These are not cartoon characters or fictional characters on a tv show. These are real people with families and friends and people who feel pain.

And yet the insensitive complaining and selfish behavior is extremely disappointing.

Look into your heart before you post. Because any other concern than his health for his future is what’s important. Everything else is second at best.

If you want to be a troll please go somewhere else

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I put myself in timeout because I'm frankly sympathetic to that take and didn't want to litigate it during the game thread. Saban made one of his all-time blunders and it may cost this team the Iron Bowl and an outside shot at a national title. He's getting paid the big bucks to see the big picture and the big picture for this team is that the defense is not great so they're riding on the back of Tua Tagovailoa. I'd argue that the mentality that he was done probably had an affect on execution in that abortive drive. Putting him out there for 2-min drill 25-ish starts into his career was not seeing the big picture.
I have to respectively disagree. I guarantee Tua was on the sidelines pleading to play till halftime. It is football and players get hurt. Coach Saban has done so much for the University and he deserves some benefit of the doubt. There was no way to know that Tua was going to get hurt. This injury could have happened on the first play of the game. Without Tua, we are not the same team, but we have to make the most of the situation. The odds are against us, but we still have a chance.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Glad to hear Tua is going to St. Vincent. Didn't want him dying from ultra-mrsa at Golden Triangle or DCH. Gotta laugh I reckon ��
Wasnt one of the problems Prothro had was infection due to dirt and such being still in the wound? I know with the bone exposed this was nearly impossible to avoid. In spite of this, I do cringe a bit when our players are sent there first.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
At some point, wins and losses and playoffs don't matter anymore. I just hope Tua is able to recover fully, and play again next year. That's about all I have to say about the game. Also, R. Davis and DJ Dale to be ok.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I have to respectively disagree. I guarantee Tua was on the sidelines pleading to play till halftime. It is football and players get hurt. Coach Saban has done so much for the University and he deserves some benefit of the doubt. There was no way to know that Tua was going to get hurt. This injury could have happened on the first play of the game. Without Tua, we are not the same team, but we have to make the most of the situation. The odds are against us, but we still have a chance.
And with this being an opinion based thing and not "fact based" all I can say is that I respect your opinion but I disagree. Fanbase is going to be divided on this issue but regardless they've gotta find a way to win two more football games and we're all going to be rooting for that outcome.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
And with this being an opinion based thing and not "fact based" all I can say is that I respect your opinion but I disagree. Fanbase is going to be divided on this issue but regardless they've gotta find a way to win two more football games and we're all going to be rooting for that outcome.
And if they don’t figure it out, It’s okay. 5 in 10. If we never win another we should count ourselves as blessed beyond belief.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Disappointed in quite a few on here today. Many don’t have their priorities straight. These are not cartoon characters or fictional characters on a tv show. These are real people with families and friends and people who feel pain.

And yet the insensitive complaining and selfish behavior is extremely disappointing.

Look into your heart before you post. Because any other concern than his health for his future is what’s important. Everything else is second at best.

If you want to be a troll please go somewhere else
One of the main reasons Im glad theyre flying him directly to the best.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Wasnt one of the problems Prothro had was infection due to dirt and such being still in the womb? I know with the bone exposed this was nearly impossible to avoid. In spite of this, I do cringe a bit when our players are sent there first.
Dirt in your womb is a bad thing indeed.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
OK. I hope we win out. However, the utmost issue is Tua's health. I hope he fully recovers from this.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I look at it this way, that injury to Tua could have happened on the first snap and you’d still have people blaming Saban because we were playing a team everyone knew we would beat by 21 points. It’s football and it happens. Fans need to rally behind the team, I think we can still win out and get to the CFP

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.