Tua's Injury

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Frankly, the least of worries. Right now is a crucial time for Tua's future. He had what could be a life altering injury. Fortunately, he is in good hands.
Yes I understand that. I’m simply disgusted by all of these injuries Bama has suffered this season. I just wish his season could have ended better than this. I know he’ll have the best doctors in the world tending to him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Earle is spot on with this. Saw many hip fractures & dislocations in my ER days. Sometimes it’s the dislocation you worry about the most. The area in and around the acetabulum and the femoral head are very vascular. With a hip dislocation you’re always about trauma to the vessel supplying that femoral head and the socket. My hope is they got the dislocation reduced in a timely fashion and blood flow wasn’t compromised.
He had the very best field-side emergency aid possible. They said he was screaming in the locker room. I'm sure that was before or during the reduction, which is very painful...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I am amazed at the detailed information about the Injury that is out there...
Given HIPAA, I hop nobody gets themselves in trouble.
Speculation is one thing, but if somebody has info and does not have the patient's authorization to release the info, he or she could get into some difficulties.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Earle is spot on with this. Saw many hip fractures & dislocations in my ER days. Sometimes it’s the dislocation you worry about the most. The area in and around the acetabulum and the femoral head are very vascular. With a hip dislocation you’re always about trauma to the vessel supplying that femoral head and the socket. My hope is they got the dislocation reduced in a timely fashion and blood flow wasn’t compromised.
Absolutely. I'm certain the closed reduction took place long prior to Tua getting on the helicopter to B'ham, but vascular injury is a wildcard.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Speculation is one thing, but if somebody has info and does not have the patient's authorization to release the info, he or she could get into some difficulties.
Not our worry here and it's impossible to stop speculation in these cases, anyway. However, in this case, I'd be willing to bet that a family member succumbed to the pressure to say something. In this case, the way the injury happened almost dictated the diagnosis...

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Bless him and those caring for him. I dont know that I have ever seen a QB that has been as snake bit...Brodie Croyle maybe comes close..ton of talent but even in the nfl, just couldn't catch a break.

Everytime he rolled.out this year, I held my breath. Funny, but as much running as Jalen did for us, I was never worried. I am sure his coaches have been telling him to dump the ball off, throw it out of bounds, and dont take unnecessary hits, but that is his game and his warrior mentality... Every play could be a touchdown.

I feel very fortunate to have been a witness to his magic, and if it is over, if he never plays football again, I hope he realizes how many breathtaking moments he provided for us fans. His legend will be told for however long the Crimson Tide endures. ROLL TIDE!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I have no knowledge other than what has been widely reported and no direct knowledge. What you'll find here is sharing of general information related to the type of injury. I doubt his medical team has time to post now. I have no idea from whom Suttles received the information he reported. Could have been a family member or perhaps not. :)

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Bless him and those caring for him. I dont know that I have ever seen a QB that has been as snake bit...Brodie Croyle maybe comes close..ton of talent but even in the nfl, just couldn't catch a break.

Everytime he rolled.out this year, I held my breath. Funny, but as much running as Jalen did for us, I was never worried. I am sure his coaches have been telling him to dump the ball off, throw it out of bounds, and dont take unnecessary hits, but that is his game and his warrior mentality... Every play could be a touchdown.

I feel very fortunate to have been a witness to his magic, and if it is over, if he never plays football again, I hope he realizes how many breathtaking moments he provided for us fans. His legend will be told for however long the Crimson Tide endures. ROLL TIDE!

I too have held my breath for him all year. When he rolled out on the play I sat up and started yelling throw it away. Guess he couldn't hear me from my living room.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wonder if he's going to be ready for football combine related activities this Spring? I hope so...this injury is going to cost him millions.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
He had the very best field-side emergency aid possible. They said he was screaming in the locker room. I'm sure that was before or during the reduction, which is very painful...
Thought the very same thing. Don't know if they had morphine available, but even with it the procedure can be quite painful unless fully sedated (which would not have happened without a fair amount of equipment they would not have in the locker room).

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I get the fact that this is random and no one is really to blame. But 2minute drill practice for Tua? Idiotic.
I have heard many folks say this. I disagree. The only reason this is being discussed is because of the injury. Had they scored, we would have been singing the praises of CNS and Tua. My prayer is Tua recovers from this regardless of his future football career.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Wonder if he's going to be ready for football combine related activities this Spring? I hope so...this injury is going to cost him millions.
Almost certainly not. Not that I'm too concerned at the moment but the decision for Tua and family (regarding the draft) is going to come down to how far this causes his stock to fall, assuming near-full recovery is possible.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I saw this on another board if anyone is interested. I plan to send Tua a card.

Mailing address to send Tua a get well card:

Univ of Alabama Football Team- Tua T.
Univ of Alabama Athletic Building
PO Box 870323
Tuscaloosa AL 35487

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Thought the very same thing. Don't know if they had morphine available, but even with it the procedure can be quite painful unless fully sedated (which would not have happened without a fair amount of equipment they would not have in the locker room).
Yes and it wouldn't have been advisable, in any case. There's no way to make that procedure anything but painful...

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Almost certainly not. Not that I'm too concerned at the moment but the decision for Tua and family (regarding the draft) is going to come down to how far this causes his stock to fall, assuming near-full recovery is possible.
While at this moment I'm only concerned with him recovering, his draft stock is going to go through the floor in my opinion. I can't imagine him being taken before the 3rd round. An NFL team will draft him, but not with the idea of him being the franchise guy. I may be totally off and I hope I am.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Assuming near full recovery, I wonder if the best option is to not enter draft and come back. Best case, what is the typical recovery time on what is being floated around as his injury? Draft is next April....

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
While at this moment I'm only concerned with him recovering, his draft stock is going to go through the floor in my opinion. I can't imagine him being taken before the 3rd round. An NFL team will draft him, but not with the idea of him being the franchise guy. I may be totally off and I hope I am.
Same. I imagine he'd be a late 1st to end of 2nd round guy for a team who has a starter but may be facing a retirement soon but I'm trying to be positive for him I reckon.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.