Tua's Injury

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
lets just pray he heals well, let the cards fall where they may from there. this kids health is first and foremost right now. roll tide.
Agreed, but as always fans speculate, and the good part of the speculation is we are all planning on him playing somewhere again.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
A likely thing to happen would he's out for a full year, and could have to come back and win the job back possibly over his little brother or a really good second year starter in Brown. That's a tough deal for everyone. Sorry I'm not sold on Mac yet. Maybe he wins me over later.
With all due respect, it doesn't matter if you're sold on Mac or not, or if any of us are. He's our man now and we have to support him...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
With all due respect, it doesn't matter if you're sold on Mac or not, or if any of us are. He's our man now and we have to support him...
YUP! "I'm not sure he's a starting quarterback" doesn't really matter when he clearly is the starting quarterback for the rest of 2019. Let's all hope he plays well enough to look the part.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I'm all in for the rest of the season. I'm pulling for the guy to win, but not sure he can win an off season QB competition against the guys he may be going against. I guess that's a discussion for another day.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I've already said above that a return for his senior year might be advisable, depending on recovery...
Someone else mentioned a redshirt, and it's kind of crazy to consider but that has to be on the table at this point.
One benefit Tua does have with his talent is that he is not only a mobile quarterback. He has a very strong arm and is accurate on his throws, so even if this injury does slow him down some as far as being mobile goes he still has other advantages as far as talent goes.
I became resolute in my belief that Tua as a mobile quarterback was not going to end well. I didn't see this coming, but rather I just imagined a succession of nagging injuries. So, if he can just get healthy enough to be reasonably mobile, to be Tom Brady level mobile, then he could have a bright future. His real weapon all along was his arm, not his legs.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I was home alone and put up a ladder to mount a wreath on the peak of our carport, 14' up. I was at the top, when the bottom of the ladder started to slip and then became airborne. I dove in headfirst, taking a rung across my brow ridge. When the bottom of the ladder came down, my right foot was on a rung. When my toe hit the ground, it rotated my femur, driving my trocantor against the back of my hip socket, fracturing it. It took about 25 stitches to close up the gash between my eyes...
Ouch! Mine was on the football field in practice........ bull in the ring, coach got fancy and blew the whistle and I had 4 upper classmen converge at once........ I picked the biggest one and went at him, but the other three hit me and caused me to go backwards, bending my leg sideways and broke my foot and popped my knee........ I was lucky it wasn’t worse

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I was home alone and put up a ladder to mount a wreath on the peak of our carport, 14' up. I was at the top, when the bottom of the ladder started to slip and then became airborne. I dove in headfirst, taking a rung across my brow ridge. When the bottom of the ladder came down, my right foot was on a rung. When my toe hit the ground, it rotated my femur, driving my trocantor against the back of my hip socket, fracturing it. It took about 25 stitches to close up the gash between my eyes...
Goodness! That could have been much, much worse!

melvinm

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 2013
I'm afraid his draft status will be hurt by more than just this single injury. Considering he's had two high ankle sprains and now a possible dislocated hip, he may be branded as "injury prone".

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I'm afraid his draft status will be hurt by more than just this single injury. Considering he's had two high ankle sprains and now a possible dislocated hip, he may be branded as "injury prone".
Maybe he will get healed up and come back for his senior season. Who knows............

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
His draft status could be totally disrupted - totally depends on the exact nature of the injury and his recovery. There is a strong likelihood that he will not be able to do any physical workouts before the draft. So, IMO, he should stay at Alabama, rehab/redshirt next year and then go out for the 2021 draft.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
FWIW SEC Network just said there was a press release through UofA saying Tua is expected to make a full recovery.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.