Tua's Injury

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Almost certainly not. Not that I'm too concerned at the moment but the decision for Tua and family (regarding the draft) is going to come down to how far this causes his stock to fall, assuming near-full recovery is possible.
I'd be surprised if he were ready for the combine. In my mind, this raises the possibility of the wisdom of a possible return for his senior year...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
While at this moment I'm only concerned with him recovering, his draft stock is going to go through the floor in my opinion. I can't imagine him being taken before the 3rd round. An NFL team will draft him, but not with the idea of him being the franchise guy. I may be totally off and I hope I am.
I've already said above that a return for his senior year might be advisable, depending on recovery...

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I'd be surprised if he were ready for the combine. In my mind, this raises the possibility of the wisdom of a possible return for his senior year...
I agree. I want whatever's best for him, but a fat insurance policy and one "fingers crossed" injury free season could get him back to number one, a Heisman, and maybe another title. You never know.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Watching the replay of the injury and it just didn't look like anything other than a normal every day tackle. I mean sure you can see how the leg got stuck as the knee hit the turf but again, it looked anything but catastrophic.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

I’m not sure the Lattimore route is the correct one. Come back finish your degree and take time to heal. Technically he could RS as well if needed.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
9-12 months....wow. I'd be really surprised if he gets drafted before the 2nd round because that is basically like that Notre Dame OLB who got drafted in the 2nd and missed his entire 1st pro year. But right now it is just about getting to a full recovery...so in the dumps for that young man right now.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That hurts just to think about..........worst I have had was a foot broken in three places and a knee injury and I was hurting so bad I could have chewed rebar steel....... can’t imagine how that hurt
I was home alone and put up a ladder to mount a wreath on the peak of our carport, 14' up. I was at the top, when the bottom of the ladder started to slip and then became airborne. I dove in headfirst, taking a rung across my brow ridge. When the bottom of the ladder came down, my right foot was on a rung. When my toe hit the ground, it rotated my femur, driving my trocantor against the back of my hip socket, fracturing it. It took about 25 stitches to close up the gash between my eyes...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
At that time frame it would be tough to come back. He would almost have to take a medical redshirt for next year. I can't imagine him doing that.
Why not? This killed his draft status for 2020. Sure some team might do like they did with Lattimore and take a chance on him in a late round, but if he wants the $ the best bet is to come back and improve his draft stock by showing he is healthy.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
9-12 months....wow. I'd be really surprised if he gets drafted before the 2nd round because that is basically like that Notre Dame OLB who got drafted in the 2nd and missed his entire 1st pro year. But right now it is just about getting to a full recovery...so in the dumps for that young man right now.
As a Bears fan, I would gladly used one of the two second rd picks CHI has on Tua and redshirt his rookie season.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Why not? This killed his draft status for 2020. Sure some team might do like they did with Lattimore and take a chance on him in a late round, but if he wants the $ the best bet is to come back and improve your draft stock.
A likely thing to happen would he's out for a full year, and could have to come back and win the job back possibly over his little brother or a really good second year starter in Brown. That's a tough deal for everyone. Sorry I'm not sold on Mac yet. Maybe he wins me over later.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
As a Bears fan, I would gladly used one of the two second rd picks CHI has on Tua and redshirt his rookie season.
I can think of several teams with an old QB who will probably start in 2020 that would love to have a man like Tua in 2021.

Sometimes the world can offer up perverse blessings.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.