Game Thread: Jalen Hurts @ Baylor (ABC)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If you move back, you are done, no matter how well you actually play in the next 2 games. That is wrong. The team earned this ranking, not Tua.
But they've included injuries in the equation historically, and there's zero question Bama isn't as deadly without Tua. Heck they scored three points after he was injured just before half vs 35 while he was on the field.

I get what you're saying, but unless we see otherwise, it's the natural / safe assumption that Bama is not as good without Tua. That's no slight on Mac, but let's be serious...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But they've included injuries in the equation historically, and there's zero question Bama isn't as deadly without Tua. Heck they scored three points after he was injured just before half vs 35 while he was on the field.

I get what you're saying, but unless we see otherwise, it's the natural / safe assumption that Bama is not as good without Tua. That's no slight on Mac, but let's be serious...
Mac looked like a seasoned pro in the ARK game. And Najee is playing much better now.

You may not score as many points with Mac, but you might actually be a better team.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You may not score as many points with Mac, but you might actually be a better team.
Yes, I agree - but the CFP cannot assume that. They have to see it. They have to assume Bama won't be as good when they guy who couldn't win the starting spot has to be the starter. It's logical.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
If you move back, you are done, no matter how well you actually play in the next 2 games. That is wrong. The team earned this ranking, not Tua.
I agree...... wrong to punish the team for a player getting hurt

I’d love to have seen more points after Tua left the game, but I think they should let Mac take his shots.......

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yes, I agree - but the CFP cannot assume that. They have to see it. They have to assume Bama won't be as good when they guy who couldn't win the starting spot has to be the starter. It's logical.
I have never seen a team drop in any rankings after a 31 point win, even if they lost a few players in the game - ever - not once in my life.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
After the shock of last week.......................it is understandable there was a big emotional let-down. Plus, the front 3 are decimated. That has to take its toll.

Mac was off just a tad. Another week of practice, he should be more than ready. He will never be Tua, but neither will anyone else. Our players need to do a serious gut check, and get with it. Maybe they will play as a team.

Which they were, despite all the stupid unforced errors, up to that point.

They can't be in a funk, so leave that burden up to old curmudgeons like me to handle.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Mac looked like a seasoned pro in the ARK game. And Najee is playing much better now.

We may not be better, but we'll inevitably be more balanced and with a struggling defense it might translate into better.

Now, we know you don't lose a player like Tua and get "better" but it's kinda a relative thing if we play more balanced and complete and passionately, which is what it will take to beat Auburn.

Sunshine pumper post of the day.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

In five possessions with Tua at QB, we scored 5 TDs. In 5 possessions with Mac at QB, we scored 1 FG.

We'll beat WCU and may beat Auburn with Mac at QB, but you're insane if you think we might actually be a better team with Mac at QB.

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

I know we only scored 3 points after Tua went down. But, maybe it's just me, but not long into the second half, both teams seemed to play it just a little closer to the vest. It was almost like both sides knew the game was decided and didn't want any more mistakes or injuries. It also seemed pretty quiet in a normally clanky stadium. I think we just wanted to get it over with and get out of there. Was it just me, because I know I was subdued.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Look, I'm not trying to suggest Bama might not be the better team with Mac at the helm - I'm simply suggesting that the general attitude will be that Bama's season is over. Like it or don't this the logical conclusion.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Look, I'm not trying to suggest Bama might not be the better team with Mac at the helm - I'm simply suggesting that the general attitude will be that Bama's season is over. Like it or don't this the logical conclusion.
That's my fear. The committee and everyone else will assume BAMA, without Tua, is done. I hope that we at least get a shot to show that, with or without Tua, we can still be one of the best teams out there.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That's my fear. The committee and everyone else will assume BAMA, without Tua, is done. I hope that we at least get a shot to show that, with or without Tua, we can still be one of the best teams out there.
Maybe. I hope so, but I don't know this and I'm a (relatively) informed fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.