ADMIN NOTE: Statement on Tua Tagovailoa from Alabama team surgeon Dr. Lyle Cain (Saturday)

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
Re: Statement on Tua Tagovailoa from Alabama team surgeon Dr. Lyle Cain

Maybe Tua isn’t as motivated by $$ as some of you are. QBs can play into their 40s. I know how much of a competitor he is and may not want to leave college on a sour note.
That is a ridiculous statement. First off he isn’t leaving college on a sour note. He is leaving as a competitor. He wanted to be in the game and he gave the game everything he had.

Second wanting him to postpone going to the draft a year so he can play another year in college is incredibly selfish on your part. You are making him out to be full of greed when he hasn’t ever shown that to be his nature.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

That is a ridiculous statement. First off he isn’t leaving college on a sour note. He is leaving as a competitor. He wanted to be in the game and he gave the game everything he had.

Second wanting him to postpone going to the draft a year so he can play another year in college is incredibly selfish on your part. You are making him out to be full of greed when he hasn’t ever shown that to be his nature.
All we want is what is best for Tua here, but we are greedy. :conf3:

uofaJO1987

1st Team
Oct 25, 2011
Highland Home, AL

I keep seeing injury prone thrown around and I just don’t see that a being the case. Yes he’s had injuries this season and last, but if I recall the ankle last year was him getting stepped on and getting the dreaded high ankle sprain. Both injuries this year were the result of awkward plays where he was tackled from behind. So I don’t see an injury prone player. I see an unlucky guy that’s found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I keep seeing injury prone thrown around and I just don’t see that a being the case. Yes he’s had injuries this season and last, but if I recall the ankle last year was him getting stepped on and getting the dreaded high ankle sprain. Both injuries this year were the result of awkward plays where he was tackled from behind. So I don’t see an injury prone player. I see an unlucky guy that’s found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He also had the knee injury last year. He has been injured in a lot of games.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

First, I'm glad to hear some positive news about Tua's injury. Second, I love Tua!

Having said that, I don't see how anybody can say he's not injury prone at this point. But maybe the silver lining for him with this is, assuming he makes a full recovery and goes to the league, that this will force him to depend on his real strength which is staying in the pocket and picking teams apart.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Folks this is a football discussion board. We all know what’s happened but don’t need to be lectured on sensitivity. Aren’t we all adults here?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Folks this is a football discussion board. We all know what’s happened but don’t need to be lectured on sensitivity. Aren’t we all adults here?
The guy called posters greedy - it deserved that kind of response.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

QBs can play into their 40s.
Not if they are drafted by perennial losers, such as the "tanking for Tua" crowd. He would not last 2 years on any of those teams.

Neither would a lot of other QBs.

If a team that is willing to wait a year or 2, before he is needed to play, can protect him, and he learns how to be a strictly pocket passer, he could shine.

O/T.....................what is the over/under on our local hero's longevity? He put on some muscle mass, since his days here, but just a matter of time before he gets clocked. Only so many times you can take off for the right sideline and get away with it, without getting crushed.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Some people think that being an “adult” means you get to say anything regardless of the circumstances.

So glad he’s going to be okay. I’m sad to never see him throw another pass in Crimson. But I sure think he needs to cash in. Hell, I’ll send him $100 if he decides to turn pro.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA

Thankful to hear that Tua is expected to make a full recovery. It is sad for me to think that I will never see him throw another beautifully thrown pass in Crimson. I have never enjoyed watching anyone play more than I have Tua. He is amazing and he will never be forgotten! Get well soon! Prayers sent!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Thankful to hear that Tua is expected to make a full recovery. It is sad for me to think that I will never see him throw another beautifully thrown pass in Crimson. I have never enjoyed watching anyone play more than I have Tua. He is amazing and he will never be forgotten! Get well soon! Prayers sent!
I totally agree and I've been listening to and watching Alabama Crimson Tide football since the mid-1950's. Here's hoping that he is very successful in the NFL or whatever endeavor that he pursues. He is an awesome person. I'm just glad he chose to play for Alabama.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The statement leaves out a lot. It doesn't rule out the acetabular fracture reported earlier and which is highly likely. Nor does it comment on soft tissue damage, the extent of which cannot be known at this point. The main point is that they reduced the dislocation promptly and there doesn't seem to be an immediate barrier to a full recovery. Even though it's highly unlikely that he ever wears crimson again, that's enough for us all to rejoice - and pray that there's nothing else which complicates recovery...

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

Praying for a FULL recovery. Hopefully he will be able to play at the next level and lead a normal life for many years to come. I do know this. If he chooses to make Alabama his home once his career is over he will have as many opportunities as he wants to secure his and his families financial future, if he is not able to play moving forward. If he marries and has a son it would be wonderful to see him play at Alabama. RTR

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

Thank you Tua for providing so many exciting and pleasant memories. I am so happy that you will make a complete recovery. I look forward to seeing you again either here or there. Good luck and God bless. RTR.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.