ADMIN NOTE: Statement on Tua Tagovailoa from Alabama team surgeon Dr. Lyle Cain (Saturday)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Statement on Tua Tagovailoa from Alabama team surgeon Dr. Lyle Cain

No matter what happens this season hearing Tua will make a full recovery is like winning the NC type feeling..

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I am so happy to hear he will make a full recovery, but what exactly does that mean? A full recovery for a normal life, or a full recovery that will allow him to play football later? I guess we will hear more details later. I am still confused as to if he had a fracture also or not.

What a freak, serious injury. I pray he can heal and eventually have a future in the NFL if that is what he wants to try to do.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1195902199437631488

Please do your heart good and read the comments. If your first thought after is about how to beat Auburn, then you just, don’t, get it.

Seems most of the college football world is sending well wishes. Focus on the positives.

As others have said, I hope his draft status does drop and he gets a chance at a better organization.

Get well soon, Tua!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

As others have said, I hope his draft status does drop and he gets a chance at a better organization.
It is a really interesting scenario to consider the idea that a team like the Patriots could take a shot at him now. Or, may be a team drafting a little earlier, like the Saints.

I'm guessing all of this will come into play in terms of what he does next year, but the idea that a sure fire top pick could not just fall, but fall to a team that has an aging starter is an interesting scenario.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

I am so happy to hear he will make a full recovery, but what exactly does that mean? A full recovery for a normal life, or a full recovery that will allow him to play football later? I guess we will hear more details later. I am still confused as to if he had a fracture also or not.

What a freak, serious injury. I pray he can heal and eventually have a future in the NFL if that is what he wants to try to do.
They may have misspoke but if you cant perform your 'job' anymore, that's not a full recovery so from the statement as is, recovery will allow him to play football later.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

They may have misspoke but if you cant perform your 'job' anymore, that's not a full recovery so from the statement as is, recovery will allow him to play football later.
I agree - Dr. Cain knows that everyone will read "full recovery" as a return to football. He knows who he was talking to in that tweet. He could have said nothing, but he chose to say that. I believe that it means that Dr. Cain is convinced that Tua will play football at a high level again. It is not a guarantee, but the opinion of a man who does this for a living and is involved in Tua's treatment, so it is the best that we have right now. And it is very good news.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Here's my understanding...

A full recovery for a football player means he will recover from an injury well enough to compete on the field again in the future.

I also think saying "full recovery" dodges the long term effects of the injury as complications may well surface much later in life.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

It is a really interesting scenario to consider the idea that a team like the Patriots could take a shot at him now. Or, may be a team drafting a little earlier, like the Saints.

I'm guessing all of this will come into play in terms of what he does next year, but the idea that a sure fire top pick could not just fall, but fall to a team that has an aging starter is an interesting scenario.
You read between the lines. I was thinking Pats as well. If the Saints let Teddy go (he will demand a lot of money in the off season), they could also look for a future QB replacement.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

You read between the lines. I was thinking Pats as well. If the Saints let Teddy go (he will demand a lot of money in the off season), they could also look for a future QB replacement.

Either of those would be better choices

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Those would be 2 good teams for Tua, assuming he does recover well enough for an NFL future. Even if he is just a backup for awhile, it would be good for him. I am sure Saban will help all he can in convincing teams to take Tua.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I wish that Dr. Cain had gone into more detail but I realize that it's selfish of me...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Praying hard for this kid. And this is probably a blessing in disguise for him. He is so aggressive and competes so hard on every stinkin play. Sometimes you have to give up on it and live to fight another day. Maybe now he will be drafted to a much better team as well. Just love this kid so much for who he is and how he affects others.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Those would be 2 good teams for Tua, assuming he does recover well enough for an NFL future. Even if he is just a backup for awhile, it would be good for him. I am sure Saban will help all he can in convincing teams to take Tua.
Saban and Belichick are friends...,,

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Maybe Tua isn’t as motivated by $$ as some of you are.

I agree. Not everyone thinks the almight $ is the be all and end all. Some believe -- although not in the current climate -- that being of moral character, having honor and integrity mean a great deal more.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I agree. Not everyone thinks the almight $ is the be all and end all. Some believe -- although not in the current climate -- that being of moral character, having honor and integrity mean a great deal more.
WTH does this have to do with Tua's injury or decision to move on to the NFL? Is he of a higher moral character if he stays at Alabama, or goes to the NFL? Does he have more honor or moral integrity if he stays at Alabama or moves on to the NFL. Please enlighten us.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

WTH does this have to do with Tua's injury or decision to move on to the NFL? Is he of a higher moral character if he stays at Alabama, or goes to the NFL? Does he have more honor or moral integrity if he stays at Alabama or moves on to the NFL. Please enlighten us.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It's phrased badly but I think I know what she means. Knowing the family, I can understand their being motivated by considerations other than money. However, IMO, the largest impediment to Tua's coming back bears the same family name...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

It's phrased badly but I think I know what she means. Knowing the family, I can understand their being motivated by considerations other than money. However, IMO, the largest impediment to Tua's coming back bears the same family name...
I also agree that money is not likely to be the primary consideration. But the posts by him and BB are selfrighteous and insulting.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Maybe Tua isn’t as motivated by $$ as some of you are.

That reminds me of how I consider coaches who break their word and contracts to make more money somewhere else to be sacrificing the things you mention. Coach Fran comes to mind.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

I also agree that money is not likely to be the primary consideration. But the posts by him and BB are selfrighteous and insulting.
I don't think they are meant it that way even if it came across that way. What is being stated is that some will put off a path or choose a path that doesn't lead to more material gain. Tua choosing to come back could fall into the putting off side of the equation. It would to some seem to go against the grain of the culture. By the majority of Bama fans it would speak to loyalty and sacrifice on his part. I don't necessarily see it that way. Some people enjoy the college experience or want to accomplish something specific. The Clemson Defensive Linemen are an example to this. They wanted to take one more run at the title, and they got it. That group will always be held in high esteem by the Clemson fan base. They will be seen as sacrificing to reach a goal. Rightly or wrongly that's would without a doubt be the view of the Bama fanbase with Tua. It is one of the reasons Jalen will always be loved by the vast majority of the Bama faithful. He sacrificed and stayed when he could have jumped ship. In the end it was better for him to sit and learn as a QB, and it's paying off handsomely for him this year, but the fans won't remember that.

I think Tua goes pro, and like Earle I think little brother has something to do with it. Go make your money son, and I will always be grateful for what you did for Bama football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.