Iowa v Minnesota - Minesota Taken Care Of

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Didn't see this posted anywhere but Iowa took care of the Minnesota Hype.
I know today was a bad day injury wise.
Next week we play a team that should allow the guys to rally and Mac get in some good playing time.
Week after we have the barn and should we win out and Baylor lose in the Big Whatever CG then the door is open.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Week after we have the barn and should we win out and Baylor lose in the Big Whatever CG then the door is open.
It is still theoretically possible that Alabama make it. However, due to committee shenanigans the injury will work against Alabama. So, they've now lost the benefit of a doubt against other one loss teams. I still believe that the body of work for a team should speak for itself, not some hypothesis about how they'll perform going forward, but that's not how it works.

If we want to see Alabama in a playoff, yes Baylor and Minnesota had to lose and both are probably out of it due to their soft schedule.

However, Georgia and Penn State still have to lose. Also, Oklahoma, Utah, and Oregon have to lose. Those things happen and Alabama wins out, yes we'll probably see Alabama limp into the playoff. But, if just one of those teams wins out, then Alabama almost certainly won't be in the playoff.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
You are right of course, theoretically, but one possible outcome that I haven't seen discussed that would definitely keep us out. Given, tOSU and Clemson are in. If UGA should beat LSU, which I believe is possible, then I believe a one loss LSU would trump any other team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You are right of course, theoretically, but one possible outcome that I haven't seen discussed that would definitely keep us out. Given, tOSU and Clemson are in. If UGA should beat LSU, which I believe is possible, then I believe a one loss LSU would trump any other team.
That would be true even with Tua at QB.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
That LSU vs Georgia is gonna be an awesome ballgame I think. Just my opinion....but it ought to be yours.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Without Tua, we are probably passed over, and looking at UGA's defense yesterday and LSU's offense I dont think LSU is beating UGA. So right now beating Auburn, and getting to the Sugar or Cotton Bowl would be a successful season considering what has happened due to major injuries.

Sure I do hold out a little hope that we still can get in, but being realistic I think the most realistic way is:

- Penn St beats Ohio St
- Wisconsin beats Minnesota
- Wisconsin beats Penn St

- LSU beats UGA

other than that, I dont see the committee giving an Alabama without Tua the edge over Oregon and Utah. But even that is assuming that they would value over loss and our biggest win over Ohio St

Should they? Hell yes because winning on the road vs Auburn with your backup qb is more impressive than anything Oregon or Utah ever did in the season.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
After watchung UGA beat Auburn I am beginning to think LSU may be in for a long afternoon in the SECC game. I realize Georgia's offense isn't electric like LSU's but their defense is far superior to LSU's. They have enough offense to score against a very suspect LSU defense. Both teams have excellent kickers so that is pretty much a wash. I think this game will be in the low to mid 20'a point wise.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What is status of Davis and Dale? Can we compete in playoff short Tua, 2 inside linebackers, and 3 DTs?
Sure - you can compete. Winning - well, the other teams will have something to say about that. But I hope that you get the chance to compete in the CFP.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What is status of Davis and Dale? Can we compete in playoff short Tua, 2 inside linebackers, and 3 DTs?
1) I think Mac is very undersold here. He is better than what folks think. With our receivers, any qb could succeed, Tua just made them that much better. Brady + Moss

2) I really don't think with our injuries that we could beat Clemson, UGA, or Ohio St at this point, but we could beat LSU, Oregon, Minnie, PSU, and Utah

3) I would still like to see us in the playoffs even if we are just one and done. Its just an accomplishment.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Remember, Ohio State won a championship with their third string QB. Now, this is an entirely different scenario and I think fair or not, Alabama is probably left out of the playoff.

Having said that, Alabama's team and Alabama's fan have no reason to give up. There's still football to play.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Didn't see this posted anywhere but Iowa took care of the Minnesota Hype.
I know today was a bad day injury wise.
Next week we play a team that should allow the guys to rally and Mac get in some good playing time.

Although there wasn't a post about this, it did get prominent mention in the Auburn/UGA game thread.
I like Minnesota (I'm going up there this week in fact), but these are battle conditions and they had to be destroyed.

I think we're now going to have a problem with Oklahoma as well.

We will need a miracle of 2011-esque proportions, and we may still get passed over under the logic of, "But Tua!"

Our best case scenario is not likely to happen - Mac Jones lighting up Auburn and us walking out of JHS with a resounding three or four-score win.

I know reference has been made to Cardale Jones and Ohio State, but I'd also point out that in their last exhibition for the committee, they won a conference title and scored 59 points against a ranked team.

I'm a strong believer in team concept, but I seriously doubt we could beat Auburn by that much even with Tua playing.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think it would hurt us more in the second game.

The long prep with Saban....well, there's a reason why we do so well in that semi-final (sans 2014).

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The sad thing is ESPN's FPI has Alabama at #3. Sagarin has Alabama at #3. This is how Alabama looks when viewed objectively.

The committee because they are empowered to use things other than how a team performed on the field, is almost certain to move Alabama down. And it will have nothing to do with how they played.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The sad thing is ESPN's FPI has Alabama at #3. Sagarin has Alabama at #3. This is how Alabama looks when viewed objectively.

The committee because they are empowered to use things other than how a team performed on the field, is almost certain to move Alabama down. And it will have nothing to do with how they played.
Lots will happen in 3 weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.