A little encouragement on a rough day

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
This is so true...

As Nick Saban once said,

“One thing about championship teams is that they’re resilient. No matter what is thrown at them, no matter how deep the hole, they find a way to bounce back and overcome adversity.”
And that’s exactly what this team is going to do.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Let's hope we see this moving forward. I want this team to come together and play not only for Tua but for themselves. All the years they have played. All the blood, sweat and tears they have left on the field. This is their time to show what they are made of. RTR
This is so true...

As Nick Saban once said,

“One thing about championship teams is that they’re resilient. No matter what is thrown at them, no matter how deep the hole, they find a way to bounce back and overcome adversity.”
And that’s exactly what this team is going to do.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Coach Saban said:
Thanks, Coach.I needed that.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Since this thread is about moving forward, what is everyone's thoughts of why we scored 3 points in the 2nd half. Did we understandably take the foot off the gas to play it safe or something else?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Since this thread is about moving forward, what is everyone's thoughts of why we scored 3 points in the 2nd half. Did we understandably take the foot off the gas to play it safe or something else?
All the players on both teams seemed to be stunned by the injury to Tua, and then the continuation of injury after injury to players on both teams. I really think that both teams just wanted the game to be over.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
All the players on both teams seemed to be stunned by the injury to Tua, and then the continuation of injury after injury to players on both teams. I really think that both teams just wanted the game to be over.
Yup, both teams seemed to get an attitude of “let’s just get this over with.”

We’ve had injury prone years before but nothing like this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
I am hoping that perhaps the committee -- or at least a few of them -- were watching, and got that same feeling. I know I was. Stadium seemed just in shock.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am hoping that perhaps the committee -- or at least a few of them -- were watching, and got that same feeling. I know I was. Stadium seemed just in shock.

I was watching on tv, not at the game. I could tell the entire crowd went silent when Tua was injured. It was eerie. To hear the crowd cheer for and support Tua was just heartwarming during a heartbreaking time.

I record all the games so I can go back and watch them a 2nd time. (unless we lose and I just don't want to re-watch). I will always keep the LSU game because of Tua's heroic efforts on a gimpy ankle, and will always keep this game because of it being his last college game.

I hope he is able to safely be on the sidelines for next week and beyond to be with the team. RTR

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Same for me. I was there and GREATLY enjoying the game, atmosphere, stadium, weather, everything...until Tua's injury.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Yes, we took the foot off the gas. There was a very palpable sense of “let’s just get the heck out of here” in the body language of the players and the play calling. We moved the ball, but were clearly more interested in burning up clock than scoring points. For example, at the end we went for it on 4th down within the red zone instead of just taking the points. Resulted in an overthrow in the EZ. We clearly could have scored more on MSU but were just taking the air out of the game.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Yes, we took the foot off the gas. There was a very palpable sense of “let’s just get the heck out of here” in the body language of the players and the play calling. We moved the ball, but were clearly more interested in burning up clock than scoring points. For example, at the end we went for it on 4th down within the red zone instead of just taking the points. Resulted in an overthrow in the EZ. We clearly could have scored more on MSU but were just taking the air out of the game.
I even think MSU wanted to end the game as well; they had plenty of injuries to go along with ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just watched the new SEC shorts video and it got really dusty in here.

No words were spoken, just a tribute to Tua.

Glad Funnymaine Jermaine did not do a video this week. He did not think it was appropriate given what happened to Tua.

It is good to see Tua in great spirits. I will focus on that as I start my week. I was down all weekend but now the 24 hour rule starts!

RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.