The cart ride & the Angel of Mercy

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I hesitate to start another thread about that horrible injury Tua suffered, but please bear with me...

As our football board membership here ages, we have more and more posters with medical problems posting (including myself) and the personal experiences often offer the best insight.

Watching Tua take a big double hit and not get up had us all squirming in our seats. It was hard to watch, one can only imagine experiencing it. Not many people find themselves racked with excruciating pain with many thousands watching. The one aspect I found positive to cling to was the (in my opinion) heroic efforts of the brunette girl who was at the scene on the field. I don't know if she's a student nurse or a team trainer or what but whatever she is I would personally like to thank her for being so attentive to Tua when he most needed it.

What am I taking about?

The way she positioned her body as a pillow for Tua during the ride off the field got to me. I don't know if somebody told her to do that or if it was instinct, but I thought it was magnificent. When someone is enduring extreme pain, some physical contact with another human can be more comforting that you might can imagine if you've never been in that situation.

So I kind of think of her as an angel of mercy doing what she could to help. I thought I might not be the only fan that noticed it. It might be nice if she gets a little positive feedback, which is why I made this a separate stand alone post rather than adding a coment to a lengthy post that's already up.

Last edited:

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
There was a perfectly captured photo of that in a tweet responding to Tua's tweet that showed all of what you mention. Someone needs to post it here. She was the perfect person at the perfect time.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
The way she positioned her body as a pillow for Tua during the ride off the field got to me. I don't know if somebody told her to do that or if it was instinct, but I thought it was magnificent. When someone is enduring extreme pain, some physical contact with another human can be more comforting that you might can imagine if you've never been in that situation.
I noticed the same thing. She certainly seemed to be doing all she could to minimize Tua's discomfort. Very thoughtful and attentive to his needs in a stressful situation.

DixieDeb

Aug 29, 2018
I noticed the same thing and was so grateful she was there to comfort him. Here is another angle:

EJlldowX0AERFzs.jpg

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Difficult to know that is the last image of #13 in Crimson; RTR TUA, Godspeed in your recovery!

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000
Daniel Moore probably won't paint that, but maybe he should, as a tribute to a fallen warrior. All the elements are there. The look on Tua's face as he looks down at his left hand is heartbreaking. It's framed by his iconic crimson helmet and the words Alabama and Crimson Tide on the clothes of people in the picture. The blood-stained white jersey and sweat and tear-streaked crucifixes under his eyes speak to the price he has paid. He has no more to give. The trainer knows it bad, but she's showing calm, reassuring compassion.

It's awful, it's terrible and sadly, heroically beautiful. I have shed quite a few tears and am not done yet.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Holly Rowe posted a tweet, and picture, naming Ginger and giving her props for her handling of Tua.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.