Link: Georgia edges past Alabama to No. 4 in AP poll

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
What’s hilarious is how no one is giving A&M a shot. UGA, healthy and at full strength, lost to SOUTH CAROLINA at HOME!!!! Mond is a legitimate running threat at they absolutely could cause the Fighting Kirbys some serious heartbreak. Gig Em!!!!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The AP Trophy is respected across the sport by every program. Only fans don't seem to appreciate its history and tradition. You would think that Alabama fans would, but clearly many do not.

The AP trophy is as relevant as it always has been. The CFP is just another way of winning it.
Things change. This is the playoff era and that trophy is all that matters. If the AP awarded their trophy to UCF without even making the playoffs, it would have been even more of a joke than their “People’s Championship”. I can see you and I are never going to agree on this, and that’s ok. I’m just shocked so many people still care about the AP. Remember, the NIT used to be more prestigious than the NCAA tournament. Now, no one cares.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
What’s hilarious is how no one is giving A&M a shot. UGA, healthy and at full strength, lost to SOUTH CAROLINA at HOME!!!! Mond is a legitimate running threat at they absolutely could cause the Fighting Kirbys some serious heartbreak. Gig Em!!!!
they are already clearing shelf space for those trophies

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
They are not stupid. They can connect dots. Auburn beat Oregon. Auburn is better than Oregon - no matter where they happen to be ranked. Oregon is only ranked higher because they have played NOBODY. The committee knows that.

If Alabama beats Auburn convincingly, you are in over Oregon. But if Utah beats Oregon convincingly, that could change, because Auburn barely beat them.
Fair enough lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.