Link: Georgia edges past Alabama to No. 4 in AP poll

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Until and if they lose to LSU

I really wish Texas AM would show up big time and beat UGA ! If not, then since LSU is having a great year, they may as well beat UGA and get them out of the playoff picture. I thought that would be fairly easy for LSU to do, but after watching both teams defenses, I think that game will be a close one.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I was talking with a UGA fan yesterday and he was convinced that, by beating Auburn, all UGA had to do was beat aTm and UGA was guaranteed a playoff spot regardless of if they lost to LSU or not. I told him he was smoking crack if he thought a two loss UGA team was getting anywhere near the playoffs with so many 1-loss teams out there. 1-loss teams that didn’t lose at home to a 4-7 team.

We need some help to get into the playoff, but the last thing I am concerned about right now is where UGA is ranked. Either they lose to LSU and are eliminated, or they beat LSU and lock us out. Neither depends upon their ranking. I’d love nothing more than to “take” UGA’s playoff spot, whether we win anything or not. Tired of hearing smack talk about losing by 5 to LSU from a team that can’t beat a bad South Carolina team.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I was talking with a UGA fan yesterday and he was convinced that, by beating Auburn, all UGA had to do was beat aTm and UGA was guaranteed a playoff spot regardless of if they lost to LSU or not. I told him he was smoking crack if he thought a two loss UGA team was getting anywhere near the playoffs with so many 1-loss teams out there. 1-loss teams that didn’t lose at home to a 4-7 team.

We need some help to get into the playoff, but the last thing I am concerned about right now is where UGA is ranked. Either they lose to LSU and are eliminated, or they beat LSU and lock us out. Neither depends upon their ranking. I’d love nothing more than to “take” UGA’s playoff spot, whether we win anything or not. Tired of hearing smack talk about losing by 5 to LSU from a team that can’t beat a bad South Carolina team.
I agree when UGA loses to LSU they are out period. No 2 loss team will make the playoffs.

tacosman

Suspended
Nov 13, 2017
Simply because Georgia played a ranked team and won yesterday. The only important thing right now is that Bama stays ahead of Oregon.
assuming we upset Auburn, we will stay ahead of Oregon/Utah until one of them beats the other and gets a top 7 win that they need to jump us

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Why would it be an upset if we beat AU? Like another poster said in another thread. Please go away, now.
assuming we upset Auburn, we will stay ahead of Oregon/Utah until one of them beats the other and gets a top 7 win that they need to jump us

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Every post you have made today smells like cow manure. Not many of us are in the mood for a bunch of trolling bull..... right now.Take it to you barner boards.

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
I just have a feeling then even if we win out if Oregon wins out and beats Utah in the pac-12 championship game they will be number 4. This is of course assuming LSU Ohio State and Clemson all win out also. Even with Mac at QB I think we are a better one-loss team than Oregon but this is their shot to exclude Bama and I think they'll take it. I think we get in over a one-loss Utah, Baylor or Oklahoma.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
just one step above participation awards.
Alabama proudly displays its AP trophies along with all of the other trophies that you have been awarded since the BCS era began. Same with Ohio State and every other school. The AP national championship trophy still matters to every person competing to win it. Maybe not as much as the CFP trophy, but it still matters.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Alabama proudly displays its AP trophies along with all of the other trophies that you have been awarded since the BCS era began. Same with Ohio State and every other school. The AP national championship trophy still matters to every person competing to win it. Maybe not as much as the CFP trophy, but it still matters.
It’s obsolete, dude. The only thing the polls do is create a narrative, and unfortunately I feel like it can influence the committee. This is the reason I wish the polls would go away completely. When the committee comes out with their poll, it’s the only one that matters.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I wish the committee would only have a final poll. Let the AP and Coaches have their poll for the entire season. The CFPC should have a final poll released the Tuesday after the completion of all of the conference championship games. At that point they know who the conference champs are, they know how the top 6 teams have played, who has the best win, who has the best/worst loss and the entire SOS is available to the committee. No drama until the very end.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I wish the committee would only have a final poll. Let the AP and Coaches have their poll for the entire season. The CFPC should have a final poll released the Tuesday after the completion of all of the conference championship games. At that point they know who the conference champs are, they know how the top 6 teams have played, who has the best win, who has the best/worst loss and the entire SOS is available to the committee. No drama until the very end.
I’d be totally fine with this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.