Would Tua consider returning for his senior season?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Mac Jones aint chopped liver, so I agree -, and Lia wouldn't have it any other way. He expects to compete for the job. But no one is beating out Tua if he comes back.
Tua could come back and complement 'Lia as the left-half of the "Twin-Tag" QB formation. Play 'em both at the same time at the same position. Radical, I know...

Nah, in all honesty and the blackest font I can muster, been attuned to 'Bama football for 60 years, Tua most magical and transcendent player of all, and best wishes and, as Saint Coach Saban noted, "Godspeed" to him at the next level.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Before anyone freaks out, I have no inside information; I'm simply curious what the Bama Brain Trust thinks now that it appears that Tua has a fantastic chance at a full recovery and playing football at a high level again someday soon.

Obviously, Tua's draft stock will be significantly comprised by this injury, as he certainly won't be ready to do anything to show scouts by the combine and draft. Granted, NFL execs have plenty of tape on him, but without being able to see him play post-injury, he'd likely go no higher than the 2nd Round, which will cost him millions (though he might wind up with a better team, which is worth something).

Thus, my question: Is there a chance that he might be advised to rehab, get stronger, and return for his senior season in the hopes of making it through a full slate of games uninjured and thereby play his way back into being a Top 3 pick?

As a Bama fan, I'd welcome that decision and the chance to see him sling it around the yard for 15 more games.

Thoughts?
If he's a first rounder, he's gonna go. I'm certain he'll be a first rounder. Simple enough. I wish him the best and hope he goes either to Denver or New Orleans. He gave us his all. Can't ask for more than his all.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Before anyone freaks out, I have no inside information; I'm simply curious what the Bama Brain Trust thinks now that it appears that Tua has a fantastic chance at a full recovery and playing football at a high level again someday soon.

Obviously, Tua's draft stock will be significantly comprised by this injury, as he certainly won't be ready to do anything to show scouts by the combine and draft. Granted, NFL execs have plenty of tape on him, but without being able to see him play post-injury, he'd likely go no higher than the 2nd Round, which will cost him millions (though he might wind up with a better team, which is worth something).

Thus, my question: Is there a chance that he might be advised to rehab, get stronger, and return for his senior season in the hopes of making it through a full slate of games uninjured and thereby play his way back into being a Top 3 pick?

As a Bama fan, I'd welcome that decision and the chance to see him sling it around the yard for 15 more games.

Thoughts?
IMO: Right now Tua is still wrapped in the warm glow of pain killers.

In the next couple of weeks Tua and his family will evaluate what his best move will be.
Depending on today's surgery, the decision could go either way. Coach Saban and a number of NFL scouts will give opinions and Tua and his family will decide if it's in his best interest to return to Alabama, or go Pro.
Either way I would be surprised to see Tua play next year.
I HOPE I'M WRONG. Tua is a once in a generation type player.
I would love to see him play again.
RTR.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
Didn't read the entire thread, so maybe someone has already answered this question: Will Tua earn his degree this spring?

See where I'm going here? :wink:

JK, guys!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
A little advice to members. While listening to sports radio , it sounded like they were reading from Tidefans. Heed caution in posts, others are watching!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
A little advice to members. While listening to sports radio , it sounded like they were reading from Tidefans. Heed caution in posts, others are watching!
That's fine. I expect my royalty checks to come in at the first of the month though.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Re: Would Tua consider returning for his senior season?

Yes, I'm sure he will consider it. Will he return for his senior season? Probably not.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Heard CNS say that CJ Moseley had this surgery. I guess I must have known that but had forgotten. I just stated somewhere that I had never seen anyone get hurt this way. Obviously I had, and it was not too long back.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think he still makes the decision just like any of Saban's early entrants. Except in this case, if Tua gets a 2nd round or higher grade rather than just 1st round, he goes. If its lower than that he returns for a final season in 2020. Interestingly, I think he could play in 4 games next year and not use a year of eligibility. It might give us some interesting options at the position going into next season. Think Jalen in 2018 where he uses the bulk of the season to rehab and play at the end of the season if ready to position himself for 2021 draft and still have the option to return for a full season in 2021 if absolutely necessary.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I doubt Tua returns for another year mainly because of his brother. In fact there's really no telling what he may do. He may not even want to subject his body to the rigors of pro football considering his injury history. I doubt he and his family has decided yet. I would love to see him someday as a quarterback coach in training at Alabama. Whatever he does after football soon or later he will be excellent. His dedication to excellence shows in everything he does.

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I read in an article last night that a reporter said Tua/family had the LOV insurance and had other plans in place for the NFL draft in case of injury. Also, one NFL draft expert (I know there are many opinions out there) said there was no reason for Tua to come back to Alabama since he has proven everything already and has the insurance. I think if he were to return to Alabama he would lose the insurance, at least that is what the article insinuated.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I read in an article last night that a reporter said Tua/family had the LOV insurance and had other plans in place for the NFL draft in case of injury. Also, one NFL draft expert (I know there are many opinions out there) said there was no reason for Tua to come back to Alabama since he has proven everything already and has the insurance. I think if he were to return to Alabama he would lose the insurance, at least that is what the article insinuated.
I don't know about the specific language in the insurance policy. The part about it voiding if he returns to Alabama for his senior season could be accurate - might not be. But if he really is recovered and ready to work out for NFL scouts before the draft in late April, it won't matter. By then doctors will know how it will effect his play. He goes, collects on the policy if he drops far enough in the draft, and still gets to follow his dream.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
... I would love to see him someday as a quarterback coach in training at Alabama...
I get the sentiment, but there’s a reason we’re hard-pressed to name many star players, in any sport, who made great coaches. As Scott Hatteberg is quoted in Moneyball, “[P]oor hitters make the best hitting coaches. They don’t try to make you [hit] like them, because they sucked.”

If anybody could be the exception that proves the rule, though, it’d be Tua...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.