ADMIN NOTE: Tua being flown to Houston for Monday surgery

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I believe you are very close in terms of the surgeons who specialize in hip preservation. It is impossible to discuss the type of surgery this may entail. It is clear however that there are a number of procedures that can be undertaken via arthroscopy.
It's a pretty good bet that this one can't be done by scope. They'll have to get in there. BTW, laparoscopy is giving way to robotic-assisted. The surgeon at Andrews who did mine sent out notice that he was now doing THR that way. The main difference is, with robots, you get a 3D view and only 2D with the scope. When they took out my right colon almost two years ago, they did it with robots. I have two 1/2" scars and one 2" scar, where they put the robots in and took the colon out. IDK if Tua's condition would lend itself to that or not...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I hope what I'm about to say doesn't sound like I'm bragging but speaking as someone who has lived in Houston for 52 of my going on 78 years, he is being sent to the largest, most comprehensive, most recognized medical center in the world. Methodist is rated the best hospital system in Texas. Memorial Herman is where Gabby Gifford went through rehab. Texas Childrens, M.D. Anderson, St. Luke's ( DeBakey Heart Institute ) Baylor, etc. If he is being flown here I can assure you he is being sent to the very best. This is no knock on Andrew's and his group who are renowned in sports med. but people come from all over the world to the Houston Medical Center for all types of medical treatment. If you've ever been to Houston and visited the Med. Center you would know it's probably triple the size of downtown Birmingham. Its massive and top notch in every discipline.
Great information. Like Earl, I would have said The Andrews Group. But I respect them enough to take their word that the leading hip surgeon is in Houston.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
They have a podiatry hospital here. A hospital just for feet!

I looked at the Chronicle this morning and it was basically the AP article about Tua, but it did mention that the hospital where the surgery is being performed is not being disclosed due to privacy.
I have been looking at the Houston Chronicle online the past few days and I thought that may be a concern. I found more INFORMATION at TideFans than at Al.com or anywhere else.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I have been looking at the Houston Chronicle online the past few days and I thought that may be a concern. I found more INFORMATION at TideFans than at Al.com or anywhere else.
IMHO the only thing i can find on AL.COM is how racist the state of Alabama is and how great the Cow College would be if it was not for UA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.