Ford EV Mustang crossover

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not sure I like the idea of a mustang SUV but I do like the design otherwise. It is good looking. Next couple years will be interesting in the 40K and above EV Market

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
If they ever want EV to become mainstream, than they need to get the price below 30K. I think they are purposely keeping the price high knowing it prevents most from going after an EV car.

Of course, I'll never get an EV car because the only new car I have ever owned was a Kia Rio that was under 20K. Every other car has been used, in the 15K range. So, I'll probably never own one until EVs start showing up on used car lots. From my point of view, spending 30K+ on a car is crazy but, that's just me. I'm sure people look at some of the stuff I spend money on and think it's crazy as well, like my home theater equipment or the $200 Xbox controller I just bought.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If they ever want EV to become mainstream, than they need to get the price below 30K. I think they are purposely keeping the price high knowing it prevents most from going after an EV car.

Of course, I'll never get an EV car because the only new car I have ever owned was a Kia Rio that was under 20K. Every other car has been used, in the 15K range. So, I'll probably never own one until EVs start showing up on used car lots. From my point of view, spending 30K+ on a car is crazy but, that's just me. I'm sure people look at some of the stuff I spend money on and think it's crazy as well, like my home theater equipment or the $200 Xbox controller I just bought.

nissan leaf starts at 30K and you can pick up a used one for ~10k

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

High quality home theater is the mark of exquisite taste, and after experiencing an Elite controller, I can never go back to the standard.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Not sure I like the idea of a mustang SUV but I do like the design otherwise. It is good looking. Next couple years will be interesting in the 40K and above EV Market
Agreed, I do quite like the design and interior. AWD is a must, so that's very nice to see (looking at you, Kia/Hyundai).

I drive a 17-year-old Toyota wagon (pure sex) and there's so much innovation happening in the EV space that if she died tomorrow, I'd probably just lease a hybrid for a year or two and wait.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
IMO, its an abomination to call anything like that a Mustang. The electric CUV may be nice but name it anything else but not Mustang!

WLTP range of 370 is pretty good though.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Interesting. When we get my wife's car paid off in 3 years it will be my turn for anew (used) car so, maybe there will be more EV options in my range at that point.
there should be by then, lots of stuff coming to market. The issue with the Leaf is range of like 100 miles.

you also need to consider cost to own versus cost to buy. EV's need much less maintenance. No oil changes, brakes last 3-5x longer due to using regenerative braking, etc. So even a more expensive EV can cost less to own than an ICE car

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
IMO, its an abomination to call anything like that a Mustang. The electric CUV may be nice but name it anything else but not Mustang!

WLTP range of 370 is pretty good though.
I drive a Mustang. That’s not a Mustang.

If they’ll make it look like and drive like a Mustang I’d give it serious consideration.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
All the car snobs on my Facebook feed are upset about the new Mustang. Which makes me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Okay, so the front trunk being waterproof and having a plug in it absolutely owns. Best tailgating EV on the market. :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.