Uighurs and their supporters decry Chinese ‘concentration camps,’ ‘genocide’ ...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The Times called the documents “one of the most significant leaks of government papers from inside China’s ruling Communist Party in decades” and a strong indication that turmoil within the ruling party is rising over the repression of the Muslim Uighurs.

The papers confirm reports that more than 1 million people have been detained in internment camps as the Chinese government seeks to strip Uighurs of their identity and indoctrinate them into being secular and loyal party supporters.

Xi still told party members in secret speeches that religious extremists should be treated with “absolutely no mercy,” the Times reported.

The documents included a script for officials to follow when explaining to students returning to the region why their parents had disappeared, the Times reported.

The World Uyghur Congress called China a “country with concentration camps” in a retweet.
Uighurs and their supporters decry Chinese ‘concentration camps,’ ‘genocide’ after Xinjiang documents leaked

Lest we forget how awful the Chinese government is...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
what is going on in China is disgusting but not sure we can do anything about it at this point
Oh, there's nothing we can do. Not really our job to, anyway. Just like to remind people how awful that government is whenever possible. I believe history will show the Chinese to be equal to or worse than Nazi Germany when all is said and done.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Oh, there's nothing we can do. Not really our job to, anyway. Just like to remind people how awful that government is whenever possible. I believe history will show the Chinese to be equal to or worse than Nazi Germany when all is said and done.
they are probably going to show us exactly who they are with all of the stuff in hong kong too. that seems to be getting much worse.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
they are probably going to show us exactly who they are with all of the stuff in hong kong too. that seems to be getting much worse.
It will be interesting. Something is holding them back form using unfettered force, likely the long-standing international business relationships. Otherwise they would have crushed this already.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It will be interesting. Something is holding them back form using unfettered force, likely the long-standing international business relationships. Otherwise they would have crushed this already.
i just have this sinking feeling that when/if it does break, it is going to be godawful

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
There was a similar article in the NYT Saturday. It’s a deplorable situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/16/world/asia/china-xinjiang-documents.html

The students booked their tickets home at the end of the semester, hoping for a relaxing break after exams and a summer of happy reunions with family in China’s far west.Instead, they would soon be told that their parents were gone, relatives had vanished and neighbors were missing — all of them locked up in an expanding network of detention camps built to hold Muslim ethnic minorities.
The article goes on to talk about how the students parents release is dependent upon the student not causing trouble. It’s basically extortion.
I don’t see how this is economically sustainable for China. They are removing a large pat of the workforce in the province.

it cannot be over emphasized how important it is to keep government small. In any form of government evil people will eventually find their way into power. The Chinese are stuck with what they have.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
If you project back through Mao, it's definitely on par with Hitler and Stalin. Millions dead.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If you project back through Mao, it's definitely on par with Hitler and Stalin. Millions dead.
Oh, you go back that far and the Chinese make the Soviets and the Nazis look like amateurs...

I'm talking about the Chinese of the last decade or three. The 'modern' Chinese...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
There are reports now of the Chinese loading HK protesters onto trains back to mainland China. I’m sure everyone knows how that is going to end.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
We have to keep talking about this, it's all we can do, but maybe - maybe - it can help the world put pressure on the dirtbag commies.
Will Hong Kong be China's Rhineland? And Taiwan, Austria or Poland? I am both saddened and afraid of how cyclical history truly is.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
We have to keep talking about this, it's all we can do, but maybe - maybe - it can help the world put pressure on the dirtbag commies.
The only thing that would put pressure on them is if the G7 countries and their allies applied serious economic pressure. I'm not talking tariff type pressure. I'm talking total economic ban type pressure. Which will never happen.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
The only thing that would put pressure on them is if the G7 countries and their allies applied serious economic pressure. I'm not talking tariff type pressure. I'm talking total economic ban type pressure. Which will never happen.
It doesn't matter what's the language; Money talks

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.