What QB do you choose for your all decade team?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I would have loved to see Tua playing behind the offensive lines AJ had in front of him as well. I'm not knocking the o-lines we've had with Tua, but the one's we had with AJ and company were legendary.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I mean, Tua. I love AJ but there is no way in the world I'm taking him over Tua.

Seriously, its not even a little bit close.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Really depends on your criteria.
I agree. I remember a conversation I had with a buddy back when RGIII was racking up passing yards like he was playing a video game. I told him they could have their air raid, I would take I formation and brick wall defense. Then 4th and 26 happened and the Tua legend was born. I still can't believe we didn't even get 2 full seasons with him. It sucks greatly.

Tua would be #1 on any Bama QB list, regardless of the time period, imo.
Quite possibly! I was not lucky enough to see Broadway Joe or The Snake play, but I imagine they brought that same sort of magic.

melvinm

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 2013
QB of the decade has to be AJ. He led the team to two national titles. The most gifted QB, Tua no doubt.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
QB of the decade has to be AJ. He led the team to two national titles. The most gifted QB, Tua no doubt.

Not attacking you personally just adding my 2 cents to this idea.

IMO wins are not a QB stat. Especially in college football.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Tua, doesn’t have the hardware that AJ has but he’s the better QB imo.

I always want to take the time to give Blake Sims his props, here’s a guy that was a HS QB, came to Alabama, switched to RB his Freshman year then after switched back to QB and sat behind AJ for two years, had a terrible spring game in 2014 which caused most to cement Coker as the starter but he worked with Kiffin and had one of the most prolific passing seasons in Alabama history until Tua came along. A lot of guys would’ve left but he stuck around and he’s just one of my favorite Alabama players ever.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Is he guaranteed to be healthy? What offense is Alabama running? Who will they be playing?

If we're talking healthy one game type situation, hard to pass up Tua. In either case it's between Tua and AJ. AJ was an Alabama system quarterback, Tua changed Alabama's system. The question I guess is just if you wanted it changed.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Imagine had Tua played on the 2011 and 2012 teams......... with an offensive coordinator that knew how to use his talents
You mean “hand it off and occasionally pass”. Tua probably would never considered Alabama with Mac and Nuss.

FTR Nuss is directly responsible for the one blemish in the 2012.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Then using that logic -- we must put Eddie Lacy and Trent Richardson as the RBs of the Decade
And Cody Mandell as the Punter?
And Michael Williams as the best Tight End?

If it's just about championships -- then, any player that played on both 2011 and 2012 has to be the player chosen?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
You mean “hand it off and occasionally pass”.
I think people have begun to forget how much AJ threw the ball. The most attempts Tua has in a season ended up being 355 (in 15 games). AJ surpassed 300 3 times, maxing out at 336 (in 13 games).

That means Tua averaged 23.6 and AJ averaged 25.8 during peak use years. Now a big part of that was the fact that Tua came out of games earlier, but AJ was out there throwing passes. Tua is clearly the most talented, and it's probably not fair to have this discussion right now, but my dream quarterback would be someone who had Tua's talent but was conditioned like AJ was his junior year. AJ had a 175 rating that year to, he wasn't exactly stinking the joint up.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think people have begun to forget how much AJ threw the ball. The most attempts Tua has in a season ended up being 355 (in 15 games). AJ surpassed 300 3 times, maxing out at 336 (in 13 games).

That means Tua averaged 23.6 and AJ averaged 25.8. Now a big part of that was the fact that Tua came out of games earlier, but AJ was out there throwing passes. Tua is clearly the most talented, and it's probably not fair to have this discussion right now, but my dream quarterback would be someone who had Tua's talent but was conditioned like AJ was his junior year.
Ummm, Tua rarely played past the 3rd quarter, often not playing past the 2nd quarter. AJ (and I love AJ) played full games most of his career.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Ummm, Tua rarely played past the 3rd quarter, often not playing past the 2nd quarter. AJ (and I love AJ) played full games most of his career.
Well, I edited it after you quoted me but both still have that part about Tua coming out of games earlier. My point was and remains AJ's offense at Alabama was never just hand the ball off. Guy threw for 9,000 yards which stand as the record right?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.