Bama Freshman DB Scooby Carter in the Transfer portal (he's staying)...(no, he's in the portal again)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So here’s a question. What happens when a kid goes into the portal and then no one wants to scoop them up? Have they effectively left football? Can they go back to the school they were at to begin with?
Has this ever happened that anyone knows of?
His credentials are such that some school will scoop him up. But, yes, some transfer aspirants have found themselves not in demand and in limbo, if they've POed their former school. However, I think that we'd welcome Carter back as a prodigal son...

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
If the kid wants to play football and not worry about going to class, Oregon would be a good choice. I can think of a few other places with good football teams and no academic discipline. Here's what I don't get. If you don't like following rules, why the heck would you accept an offer from Saban?

Reactions: im4uainva

OrlandoBama

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 1, 2019
I'm glad he's staying too. Maybe the time away, and watching from the outside looking in, made him realize what a great opportunity he had. Hopefully he has kept up the academic end of it this semester.
This is key, the academic side. Kid is very athletic and coaches were high on him. Hopefully this turns out to be a good story

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He will have all the help he can get on the academic side...……………….I hope he does well

Just think of the opportunies that other players who transferred missed out on by transferring
I was just thinking how much TE Kedrick James and OLB Eyabi Anoma would have contributed this year and I believe they both would have made a difference in the way our season turned out..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder if all those blasting him will rethink it now.

Probably not, but I did wonder it...
My opinion remains the same. Him returning to Alabama doesn't change the fact that he just stopped going to classes without talking to his coaches. He just disappeared. Hopefully he has worked through his issues. But he needs to show better judgement.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
My opinion remains the same. Him returning to Alabama doesn't change the fact that he just stopped going to classes without talking to his coaches. He just disappeared. Hopefully he has worked through his issues. But he needs to show better judgement.
I didn't read this entire thread but did this information come from a university source?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.