Bama Freshman DB Scooby Carter in the Transfer portal (he's staying)...(no, he's in the portal again)

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The transfer portal will destroy more people than it helps. I hope he sticks it out because I believe he can get good playing time next season. But going to class is a no brainier. No matter how talented you are the vast majority of players even at Bama are going to be done with football by time they are 28 years old and looking for a job to put food on the table. If I were a coach I would not often consider guys in the portal unless there were good reasons for the move. I get QB's more so than the others, but a kid in the portal who wouldn't go to class... that's only useful if you're Auburn or North Carolina.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
The amount of academic support these students have is unreal. When I was a student at UA, I had an accounting class with a bb player who transferred in from a JUCO. Every time we had a lab, the tutor was right there. If this guy didn't make an A, it was his own fault. If I had that level of support, I would have been a 4.0 student.

As much as you here people talk about the system and players being used by the system, its their own fault if they don't walk away with a degree.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.