Bama Freshman DB Scooby Carter in the Transfer portal (he's staying)...(no, he's in the portal again)

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
After being suspended for Saturday’s game. Right on cue......I’m all for players having the ability to just up & leave. I also don’t like when a player just decides to up & leave.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Come on man. I am feeling like maybe some of these kids should maybe take a better look and be honest with themselves about their school of choice.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Not sure this is a great loss, but it is a sign of the times. I wish parents and high school coaches would do a better job advising their sons on where to attend and play college football.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Come on man. I am feeling like maybe some of these kids should maybe take a better look and be honest with themselves about their school of choice.
Having never been involved with D1 recruiting, I'd bet these young men are told by everyone in their lives that they walk on water and get to make their own rules.
The recruiter probably plays to that in the recruitment process.
Then reality hits him when his arrives in Tuscaloosa.
"You are not the greatest athlete ever to don a helmet. And you don't get to skip class. You are part of the Process."
Some adjust. Some do not.
I wish him well in his next stop.
Next man up.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
He was neither encouraged nor asked to leave. I will say that he’s had the same challenges that SOME freshman STUDENTS have when they go off to college in a state that’s a decent drive from home distance wise.

The going to class thing....that’s very easily correctable by just....you know...going to class.

He is an undeniable talent at DB, and if he can bring it all together will probably find himself on someone’s Thorpe Award ballot before he graduates.

But as with many freshman that come to college, there is a maturation process that has to take place. Some handle it better than others. I wish him well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He was neither encouraged nor asked to leave. I will say that he’s had the same challenges that SOME freshman STUDENTS have when they go off to college in a state that’s a decent drive from home distance wise.

The going to class thing....that’s very easily correctable by just....you know...going to class.

He is an undeniable talent at DB, and if he can bring it all together will probably find himself on someone’s Thorpe Award ballot before he graduates.

But as with many freshman that come to college, there is a maturation process that has to take place. Some handle it better than others. I wish him well.
Well, if his problem is that simple, I really don't wish him well. Sounds petty, but I am getting tired of these guys acting like petulant children. I hope he fails miserably so he can learn from it.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Well, if his problem is that simple, I really don't wish him well. Sounds petty, but I am getting tired of these guys acting like petulant children. I hope he fails miserably so he can learn from it.
Man, I so much "get this." I've had a crappy, job-related day that revolves around students this same age.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

I'm assuming this means that he has officially left the team. Would that be correct? (of course, why would you waste practice time on a guy that's leaving).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.