Coping with lack of explosive offense

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
Here's the deal, Tua makes the receivers better because he hits them in stride so they can keep running full speed, he throws balls that lead them into open spaces and away from the defenders (so they can keep running full speed through the catch), and he gets the ball to them at the right time to make the catch in small windows between defenders.

The receivers make Tua better because they catch virtually anything they can get their hands on, they are great route runners and know how to get to the open spot, and they're fast enough to run away from defenders after the catch.

It's a win-win situation that is the result of supreme talent on both ends of the play. Our great receivers won't be as great with Mac because he can't do what Tua does (see above). But they will still make plenty of big plays.

We will lose several of our receivers to the NFL this year, but we have several great receivers waiting in the wings. There is plenty of talent at that position. Next year we'll just have 3 great receivers instead of 5.
exactly my feelings ... its the timing and touch so as not to kill the receivers that makes Tua great

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
We still have Harris, Jeudy, Smith, Waddle, Ruggs and others. I am confident that Mac can get them the ball in space and they will still be explosive. It might not look like the offense that Tua runs, but Sark game plan to will find ways to get the ball into his playmakers hands. Mac may not execute with the level of efficiency Tua did (most QBs in the country don't), but he can get the job done.

In other words, I think our offense will still be explosive. It just may do things a little differently to create those plays.
He did ok getting the ball to Reggie Bush. I still think this could actually help our defense. It’s clear they did better with those 7-8 minute drives last week that the offense had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.