Coping with lack of explosive offense

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think Mac can definitely lead the O to more than 23. I like the way he played against Arkansas.
No comparison between the Arky and AU defenses. But I think Mac will do well and Sark will have a good game plan. The good news is that there's not a lot of film on Mac for Steele to study. But you can bet he'll be bringing the heat to try to fluster our inexperienced QB. I don't know how mobile Mac is, but that might be a factor.

Auburn's offense is very sporadic. Nix can look terrible on one play, then turn around and throw a dart for a big play. We need to get after him.

This game will be strength against strength - our offense against their defense. At this point, it's hard to say how that will play out.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Our OL Tackles are both considered first round draft picks.....I think they hold their own vs their bookends. And -- if I know Saban, he will run right at them.....turn them into run stoppers.....

I think we easily score 30+ on Auburn

Can Auburn score 30 on anyone?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Arky is the worst team in the sec.
So, what's your goal here?

Are you predicting we lose to Auburn?
Are you trolling?
Do you want to have a real discussion?
Or do you want to try to argue?

Not understanding what your goal is with your posts?

So what if Arkansas is the worst team in the SEC? It's the only game we have where he got the reps.....and in that game he played fantastic. We have no proof that he will play poorly against a better team......you are just making assumptions he will.

If you are an Auburn fan -- at least come clean.

If you aren't an Auburn fan -- what's your goal here?

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Arky is the worst team in the sec.
You can watch HOW a player played against a bad opponent and still draw conclusions. The way a quarterbacks timing worked with recievers, if they throw the reciever open, etc. I cannot say Mac is world class based upon the Arky game but I can say he is pretty good. Good enough to beat Auburn which is our next big opponent.

Last edited:

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Mac is not Tua, but we don't expect him to be. Mac will be just fine and will do an outstanding job for us the rest of the year. As far as next year, there is a good chance we will have four new starters on the O line (actually five if you count that our left guard will move to left tackle). IMO, our O line will be excellent next year after we get some experience.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Mac is not Tua, but we don't expect him to be. Mac will be just fine and will do an outstanding job for us the rest of the year. As far as next year, there is a good chance we will have four new starters on the O line (actually five if you count that our left guard will move to left tackle). IMO, our O line will be excellent next year after we get some experience.
Now you just ruined my expectations foe next year. I was not aware that the entire I OLine was being remade.

squeally dan

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2008
So, what's your goal here?

Are you predicting we lose to Auburn?
Are you trolling?
Do you want to have a real discussion?
Or do you want to try to argue?

Not understanding what your goal is with your posts?

So what if Arkansas is the worst team in the SEC? It's the only game we have where he got the reps.....and in that game he played fantastic. We have no proof that he will play poorly against a better team......you are just making assumptions he will.

If you are an Auburn fan -- at least come clean.

If you aren't an Auburn fan -- what's your goal here?
I’m not a troll just because I point out something that runs contrary to your opinion. I went to the University for 4 years so I am in no way an Auburn fan. If you would like to just keep pumping sunshine and ignore any differing opinions, have at it. Yes, I’m nervous about the AU d line getting after Mac.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I’m not a troll just because I point out something that runs contrary to your opinion. I went to the University for 4 years so I am in no way an Auburn fan. If you would like to just keep pumping sunshine and ignore any differing opinions, have at it. Yes, I’m nervous about the AU d line getting after Mac.
Thanks for your post, Dan. We have some posters on here who will not, or cannot, accept the fact that any Bama fan who posts on here would offer an opposing opinion to Alabama winning every game every year. They insist that we will win every game, which is their prerogative, but are quick to condemn anyone with an opposing opinion. I have been through this for years, my best advice, ignore them.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think he can if....he settles in and they can punch it in when they get in the red zone. They forced LSU to kick several FG's....with that young front 7 we have to convert those red zone chances into TD's.
Well, I really don't like our chances if we have to settle for field goals. We need to go for it when we get close. Although, Bulivos looked good on his kick the other day.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, I really don't like our chances if we have to settle for field goals. We need to go for it when we get close. Although, Bulivos looked good on his kick the other day.
Have to score TDs on the road.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Brown is all over Mac, then he would have been all over Tua as well.
I agree - even before his injury this year, Tua had a lot less mobility than he had before his injuries began last year. Tua really has not been very mobile in a long time. He knows how to step up in the pocket to avoid pressure, but he lost that escape-ability last year.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
If Brown is all over Mac, then he would have been all over Tua as well.
Not necessarily. Tua sees the field better and makes quicker decisions. That's a function of experience, primarily, and not Mac's fault. I'm quite sure the game is much "faster" for Mac than it is for Tua, which affects reaction time. That's the difference between a completion and a sack in many cases.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not necessarily. Tua sees the field better and makes quicker decisions. That's a function of experience, primarily, and not Mac's fault. I'm quite sure the game is much "faster" for Mac that it is for Tua, which affects reaction time.
Yes, but that only applies if the defense manages to confuse Mac with changing coverages. If Mac's pre-snap reads are good, he gets the ball out very fast - as fast as Tua.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree - even before his injury this year, Tua had a lot less mobility than he had before his injuries began last year. Tua really has not been very mobile in a long time. He knows how to step up in the pocket to avoid pressure, but he lost that escape-ability last year.
This is a good observation. He ceased being a real dual-threat QB last year...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.