CFP standings for 11/19/2019

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Re: CFP standings for. 11/19/2019

That's the committee agenda, front and center, that they claim they don't have.

I'm not saying I believe him but, if that is true then it's just another reason to hate committees. If they don't think we deserve a shot then move us down and stop the charade. I'd rather us be ranked behind the teams that would jump us and then, if they lose, we move back into the mix. Instead, we fans are going to get excited seeing us ranked 5th every week, UGA loses in SECCG and we think we are in, just to have someone suddenly jump over us.

This is what you get with a committee....human agendas. I'd much rather the 4 teams be decided by the BCS formula. People will always have a bias no matter how much they claim they don't.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

Hoping this guy shows up...

mahem.jpg

I want everyone above us, and everyone below us, to lose in the next two weeks.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

That's the committee agenda, front and center, that they claim they don't have.

I'm not saying I believe him but, if that is true then it's just another reason to hate committees. If they don't think we deserve a shot then move us down and stop the charade. I'd rather us be ranked behind the teams that would jump us and then, if they lose, we move back into the mix. Instead, we fans are going to get excited seeing us ranked 5th every week, UGA loses in SECCG and we think we are in, just to have someone suddenly jump over us.

Okay, then stop giving LSU credit for a top 10 win now that we have more data that shows Texas was never really a top 10 team. If LSU gets credit for a top 10 Texas, we should get credit for a ranked A&M even though they are now unranked. Again, it's just committee agendas.
I believe A&M is ranked again.....

Plus this gives LSU another "ranked" team ;)

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

This is what you get with a committee....human agendas. I'd much rather the 4 teams be decided by the BCS formula. People will always have a bias no matter how much they claim they don't.
Each computer in the BCS was created by a Human.....and each one gave us different results.....

Plus part of the equation was the Harris Poll, wasn't it?

Where goofball yahoos like Tim Brando had a vote

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

Hoping this guy shows up...

View attachment 4920

I want everyone above us, and everyone below us, to lose in the next two weeks.

Clemson has it together now I think and literally plays no one....they aren't losing unless its a major upset.

Everyone else though has a chance to lose. LSU could lose to A&M and Georgia. Ohio State could lose to Penn State, Michigan. Georgia could lose to A&M, LSU. Oregon could lose to Arizona State (I'm hoping for this one above all others).

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Okay, then stop giving LSU credit for a top 10 win now that we have more data that shows Texas was never really a top 10 team. If LSU gets credit for a top 10 Texas, we should get credit for a ranked A&M even though they are now unranked. Again, it's just committee agendas.
Are they still counting that as a top10 win? Link?

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

Each computer in the BCS was created by a Human.....and each one gave us different results.....

Plus part of the equation was the Harris Poll, wasn't it?

Where goofball yahoos like Tim Brando had a vote
That's why the formula was an average, so not one point of data was significantly greater than the others, or so I thought.

Brando though....well....hopefully averaging things out neutered his stupidity.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

That's why the formula was an average, so not one point of data was significantly greater than the others, or so I thought.

Brando though....well....hopefully averaging things out neutered his stupidity.
Before we had 9 computer rankings (I believe, but not 100%) .... and each had a human bias. None were football people. All were computer nerds.

Now we have football people --

I think I like the new way better. But that's just me

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

They are 24th in both AP and Coaches. Didn't look at the CFP rankings.....
They are not. And, after I was so content last night, I realize this morning that USC - with FOUR losses - is ranked. This does not bode well, as of course it will give the Oregon/Utah winner more clout in the final poll. Hopefully, USC loses again.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

Before we had 9 computer rankings (I believe, but not 100%) .... and each had a human bias. None were football people. All were computer nerds.

Now we have football people --

I think I like the new way better. But that's just me

Football people are certainly better than non football people. I guess there really is no way to remove all bias or agendas.

Maybe running thousands of simulations, but then all those are set up with an initial bias anyway.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Football people are certainly better than non football people. I guess there really is no way to remove all bias or agendas.

Maybe running thousands of simulations, but then all those are set up with an initial bias anyway.
You are correct. We cannot remove bias completely. Even "random number generators" are never truly "random."

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

They may be the best 5 loss team in the history of the game once the season is over. Their schedule is BRUTAL.
That's surely something to brag about.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

That's surely something to brag about.
Just saying that they have a very solid team, but their W/L record will have them looking like a bad team. I doubt that they will brag about it.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

USC is #23 in the CFP.....at 7-4.
Their losses.....

30-27 at BYU (6-4)
28-14 at Washington (6-4)...Washington was #17 at the time.
30-27 at Notre Dame (8-2)...ND was #9 at the time.
56-24 vs Oregon (9-1)...Oregon was #7 at the time.

Texas A&M unranked and 7-3

24-10 at Clemson (11-0)....Clemson was #1 at the time.
28-20 vs Auburn (7-3)....Auburn was #8 at the time.
47-28 vs Alabama (9-1)....Alabama was #1 at the time.

The only significant win for either team....and what I think has the committee ranking USC and not A&M....USC beat Utah 30-23.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
For once, I'm preparing myself to see us get passed by a Pac 12 champion, especially Utah, if USC is going to get propped up in favor of Texas A&M.

We need USC to continue losing, and it wouldn't hurt of A&M went ahead and upset Georgia this weekend.

Tide.Life86

Jan 9, 2019
This is just my opinion. I think as long as we beat Auburn by 10-14 points with MJ the committee will put us above Georgia. Our 1 loss to the #1 team by 5 points out weighs the UGA loss to SC. We will probably sit at #5 until the iron bowl. Of course, if LSU wins the SEC Championship, we will be #4. I don't think the committee will judge Alabama based off the loss of Tua, but more as a complete team. Its time for us to shine....

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
I don't think there is any sympathy and don't want any. They have Bama fatigue and are waiting to lock us out!
The committee is not bias against Alabama! Look at the past and it will tell you what you need to know. They could have dropped us with Tua going down for the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.