CFP standings for 11/19/2019

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think people believe that there is Bama Fatigue.....

But I guarantee you, the committee is more concerned about putting a team in there that gets slaughtered by the competition.....

I even think if Clemson loses -- they would be ahead of the Pac schools....

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Re: CFP standings for. 11/19/2019

Even if we get blasted in the 1st round of the playoffs... I would still want to be there. I think what many don't understand about the playoffs is that it is an accomplishment to get there. I think CNS has made us spoiled in winning NCs that we forget what a successful year looks like. Sure I would like another NC shirt to wear, but sometimes its just not our year, and some times for 2,3,and maybe even 4 years in a row its not our year. But being in position to win it all is something only 4 teams get to say.
Exactly. I would rather be in the playoffs, than not in the playoffs. We just need a strong showing the next two weeks, from the team and Mac, so the committee can't say BAMA was all Tua and keep us out.

Last edited:

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I'd love for us to make and compete and win....my thought is that with the amount of significant injuries specifically on D, vs those top 3 offenses and QB's, would spell doom UNLESS those young guys play way over their heads. I could see them prepping enough for the first round and hanging in and pulling it out.

I'd also love to be proven wrong about my gut feeling, fear. I do hope Mac leads the team to an absolute slaughter of Auburn, because outside of that I just don't think the committee keeps Bama ahead of the Pac 12 winner.

Can the leaders on the team galvanize the boys into pulling off a hollywood ending? Would love to see it.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'd love for us to make and compete and win....my thought is that with the amount of significant injuries specifically on D, vs those top 3 offenses and QB's, would spell doom UNLESS those young guys play way over their heads. I could see them prepping enough for the first round and hanging in and pulling it out.

I'd also love to be proven wrong about my gut feeling, fear. I do hope Mac leads the team to an absolute slaughter of Auburn, because outside of that I just don't think the committee keeps Bama ahead of the Pac 12 winner.

Can the leaders on the team galvanize the boys into pulling off a hollywood ending? Would love to see it.
Take a Tums.....and root for the playoffs....

Are you afraid of losing? Why?

Always ask out the hottest girl in the room...... you gotta know where you stand ;)

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Take a Tums.....and root for the playoffs....

Are you afraid of losing? Why?

Always ask out the hottest girl in the room...... you gotta know where you stand ;)

I think where I'm at with this....Ohio State looks complete, Clemson looks complete since that NCarolina game, LSU looks complete on offense and a dumpster fire on D. Bama, hurting big time on D and missing Tua. I think the offense will be fine, more balanced possibly....but that D scares the crap out of me. That D vs any of those offenses, I just don't see them getting enough stops.

BUT....you're right, let's just get there and see what happens. Better that than not being there at all. Hollywood ending....hollywood ending....our Joker becomes the talk of college football after that Auburn game.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
January 1, 1966. #4 ranked Bama beats #3 ranked Nebraska in the Orange Bowl. #1 Ranked Michigan State and #2 ranked Arkansas both lose their bowls. Bama voted No. 1.

jurmg69.jpg

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think where I'm at with this....Ohio State looks complete, Clemson looks complete since that NCarolina game, LSU looks complete on offense and a dumpster fire on D. Bama, hurting big time on D and missing Tua. I think the offense will be fine, more balanced possibly....but that D scares the crap out of me. That D vs any of those offenses, I just don't see them getting enough stops.

BUT....you're right, let's just get there and see what happens. Better that than not being there at all. Hollywood ending....hollywood ending....our Joker becomes the talk of college football after that Auburn game.
You are comparing our defense to other Bama Defenses.....

You have to compare them to other defenses this year.....

tOSU has a good one -- but they haven't played anyone that really can test them vertically......
UGA has a good one -- but again, what high powered O have they played?
OU -- lol
LSU -- when defenses start to figure out their offense, they are in trouble.... (that's why I think A&M "shocks the world")
Oregon?
Utah?
Clemson?

I think our D stacks up well compared to all of them.....except maybe tOSU....

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

tOSU has a good one -- but they haven't played anyone that really can test them vertically......
OU -- lol
LSU -- when defenses start to figure out their offense, they are in trouble.... (that's why I think A&M "shocks the world")
Oregon?
Utah?
Clemson?

Utah D is pretty good. As is Clemson's

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

OU -- lol
Oregon?
Utah?
Clemson?

Utah's D is sound....but they gave up 30 to USC, 28 to Washington. Their other opponents don't appear to have good QB's.

Clemson's D is sound...but my goodness the best QB they've played is Kellen Mond.

Ohio State's D is sound....but similar to Clemson, they've played teams with average to below average QB play. Wisconsin was one dimensional and got shutdown....other than that they finally get tested in back to back weeks.

LSU has no D. Auburn was able to limit their O....because Auburn has a stout DL. Georgia will likely limit LSU's O somewhat as well. Does Swift go crazy on LSU's lack of D?

OU has no D.

Oregon's D is sound....but, they struggled with Washington like Utah did and struggled with WSU. Tells me they are weak defending the pass.

Alabama, I think, beats Oregon. Maybe beats LSU if they don't repeat that god awful first half. Ohio State and Clemson though....they look like your title game this year unless some upsets start happening.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Bama is a 2.5 favorite over Auburn according to Danny Sheridan. The betting public is almost evenly divided over who wins that game. I expect it to be a very close game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Bama is a 2.5 favorite over Auburn according to Danny Sheridan. The betting public is almost evenly divided over who wins that game. I expect it to be a very close game.
Its a week out, and the Vegas guys arent betting yet. Most of these numbers are generated by a computer algorithm on a guy in the Caribbean's computer. Its an unbiased look base on all stats and ATS data. It doesn't take into account matchups or Mac's real potential.

Just to give you an idea. After the Rams "beat" the Saints last year, the Rams opened up at -3.5 vs the Pats, it swung to +2.5 the week of. That's about 5 million dollar swing. A lot of that was based on the Rams defense vs the Pats aging offense. But it didn't factor in Belichick vs the Rams coach or Goff vs the Pats defense. Big money swung that to the Pats being favored based on betting logic. Big money gets inside scoops, and with the inner turmoil that seems to be brewing in Auburn I expect it to be at Bama -4.5 by Turkey day. Your Joe Blows are putting peanut bets early based on uneducated research and emotional attachments. I know a lot of people who constantly put 100 to 200 dollars on Alabama and Auburn despite it being a foolish bet each week. That 100 dollars is only going to move the line until that 100k comes rolling in on Monday.

Last edited:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
With so many injuries....I'd prefer to sit this playoff out and get a nice bowl. Unless this team can regroup and those young guys can play above themselves, I'd rather not get boat raced in the playoff by LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson. This team is so depleted, especially defensively. Not trying to be down about their chances, that just seems like the reality this November.

Now, if they somehow blow the doors off Jordan-Hare, then we can talk about why they should be in over Oregon/Utah. But right now, the top 3 teams have separated themselves....and I think LSU is the weakest of the 3 with that porous D they've got. Think the title game will be Ohio State vs. Clemson unless they go in as #2 and #3 in the semis.
I want to see how the team plays against the Barn before I jurge whether or not they would bear any of the top 3. Mac atleast deserves a chance to prove himself before we start saying that losing Tua and getting Mac instead will cause us to not be a top 4 team.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Some think Bama will drop to #6 this week, and Oregon move to #5..............I dont see it, even if they beat ASU............
We can't have a 10-10 Citadel type game halftime score....

It needs to be 35-0 at half time ...... and keep them scoreless

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.