Saban wants Mac Jones to be "Lead Dog".

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I expect Bama to beat AU by more than 7. UGA is built in the trenches and that's what AU is built to stop. Bama can light up that back 7 of AU.

The big caveat I have is that Bo Nix could play a decent game and it could be close. If he's regular "Box Nix in an important game" Bo Nix then I expect Bama to win. The other issue is the HUTB* that they tend to have at home.

*Horseshoe Up Their Butt

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Auburn always seems to have an edge in "enthusiasm" in this game. I really am not sure that will be true this year. Alabama will either be totally flat, or really fired up. If Alabama plays at a high level and with great enthusiasm the entire game, Auburn just doesn't have the athletes to compete.
If you visit their boards, they seem to be preoccupied with whether or not Gus will be retained or not. There's zero respect for his offense, as is true pretty much across the country...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I expect Bama to beat AU by more than 7. UGA is built in the trenches and that's what AU is built to stop. Bama can light up that back 7 of AU.

The big caveat I have is that Bo Nix could play a decent game and it could be close. If he's regular "Box Nix in an important game" Bo Nix then I expect Bama to win. The other issue is the HUTB* that they tend to have at home.

*Horseshoe Up Their Butt

Is this a BigTide situation in which you share an account with someone else from time to time? Because this is totally out of character for you. :biggrin:

Anyways that is how I see it as well

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm thinking we have to win, and beat Auburn by more than Georgia. Georgia, apparently a committee favorite, won by a touchdown. I think we need to win by 14 so the committee has no choice but to put us in.
I think it will also require LSU to really dismantle UGA. If they will just maintain focus, they can do it. UGA is no way built to handle LSU's offense...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I think it will also require LSU to really dismantle UGA. If they will just maintain focus, they can do it. UGA is no way built to handle LSU's offense...
IMO, if UGA wins out, they are in and in front of Bama, no matter what Alabama does or how the games look. Conversely, if they lose and Bama wins out, Bama will be in front of UGA no matter the cosmetics.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
With Auburn’s defensive backs being their weakness, their defensive front being their strength, and our wide receivers being our strength I think many are going to be surprised at how aggressive we really are with Mac behind center.
I'd love for him to be able to keep some of the big play elements of Alabama's passing game going. I think he has enough of an arm to be a legitimate threat.

This upcoming week will be an interesting one to watch. In the least if nothing goes wrong (like Penn St. winning), Alabama enters the Auburn game with a fighting chance at the playoffs. I'd love nothing more than for them to absolutely decimate Auburn.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
My belief is that this will happen. Last year in Death Valley was no contest. And even though that is not really a point of comparison I do believe that LSU will butcher the Dawgs in Atlanta.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This upcoming week will be an interesting one to watch. In the least if nothing goes wrong (like Penn St. winning), Alabama enters the Auburn game with a fighting chance at the playoffs. I'd love nothing more than for them to absolutely decimate Auburn.
Penn St winning means we are BIG Minnesota/ Wisconsin fans in two weeks. I think Ohio St losing to Penn St totally eliminates them like Oklahoma losing to KSU did for them.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
It would be nice, but I think we've been spoiled a bit by quarterback play lately. Last couple of years Alabama saw some really fantastic play from the starters and before that the backups. One year your backup scores 11 TDs, the next your backup scores 10 TDs. Let's not get into having a Heisman candidate the past few years.

Mac fits much more into the mold of what we saw from GMac and AJ. Alabama won a lot of games with those guys though, but it will be an adjustment.
And, in those years, the RB was the Heisman candidate.

Paging Najee Harris. Mr. Harris, please step to the front.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Auburn always seems to have an edge in "enthusiasm" in this game. I really am not sure that will be true this year. Alabama will either be totally flat, or really fired up. If Alabama plays at a high level and with great enthusiasm the entire game, Auburn just doesn't have the athletes to compete.
The Tide has all the reason in the world to be playing "up" for this game. Effectively, this is Bama's "championship" game this year, much in the way it is Auburn's every year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If you visit their boards, they seem to be preoccupied with whether or not Gus will be retained or not. There's zero respect for his offense, as is true pretty much across the country...
Honestly I dont think they have reliable sites. Just a bunch of people ranting over things. THe one Dub has recommended in the past has an automatic Ban on you before you click on the site. Auburn has the weirdest fanbase Ive ever been around. Most of your in the know people are the ones that arent obssessed on ranting or spilling the beans.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Auburn is going to give us some problems, especially since we're not going into that place with Tua at quarterback. We don't stop the QB run well and have general problems with the run compared to "The Standard" set here. They're gonna be better on offense v. us than UGA. UGA is simply a better defensive unit in 2019.

The problem for Auburn is that Mac Jones can still push the ball downfield and their corners are not going to cover these WRs without drawing drive-extending DPIs. Auburn will get a favorable whistle but their DBs are good for an at least 2-3 DPI calls minimum. It would be skeptical stuff if they end up committing less than two but, again, JerdenHair.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I'd love for him to be able to keep some of the big play elements of Alabama's passing game going. I think he has enough of an arm to be a legitimate threat.

We may not see everything from Mac against the Catamounts. Some will be saved for the Barn.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.