NCAA baseball game shipping Jan 17th!

Unfortunately, Sewell-Thomas Stadium is not one of the included authentic college stadiums in the game. They do have a pretty in-depth create-a-stadium for the game, so hopefully, we'll be able to make it as realistic as possible (You'll be able to set the outfield dimensions). I will, however, probably check the game out... it's been too long a wait for a college baseball game.

Here's a link with the included stadiums (Tennessee, LSU, and Ole Miss are the only SEC ones included):

http://sports.ign.com/articles/667/667706p1.html

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
DiamondDust said:
Unfortunately, Sewell-Thomas Stadium is not one of the included authentic college stadiums in the game.
Well that sux! Oh well, I'll still get the game. It should be fun.

CornBiscuit

Suspended
Oct 2, 2005
Mobile, AL
This will be a great game. It's a shame they don't have S-T, though.

I wonder if they will update the XBOX 360 so it can be played on there too...

bornagaindixie

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2005
The game's developers insinuated that they sent out feelers to all the major college teams and the ones who responded to them were the ones who got their stadiums in the game.

CornBiscuit

Suspended
Oct 2, 2005
Mobile, AL
^ That's how it was with some of the early college football games. I'm sure we'll see S-T in the near future.

It is the case with March Madness as well.

Last edited:

RollinOnBayou

Suspended
Aug 16, 2005
I have to say, the more I play this game, the more disappointed I get.

The main reasons are fielding and baserunning.

Fielders often act like they are in pee-wee league. For instance, a routine throw to first will often have your fielder diving to catch it, or drop it.

Base-running is far and away the most frustrating thing to me.

For instance, you have a runner on first. You hit a ground ball way into the out field and the runner just stands there. After it happening a few times I thought "Duh it's probably because I have to make him run". A LITTLE better but the runners often stand around or steal bases by themselves with 2 outs, or something else to make you slam the controller.

Hitting is pretty good. It's straight forward, if you've played a baseball game, then you'll know how to hit.

Same with pitching.

Overall, you can drastically tell they tried to make the players less skilled than most pro's. Which, while is bearable/fun during batting and pitching, is absoluetly mind-numbing during baserunning and fielding.

Mar 12, 2003
Talladega, AL.
www.line-man.com
Do you have assisted running and/or fielding? That could be your problem. There's a few kinks but thats expected for a new release like this. I think the second release next year will make this great. Still not griping though, I'm just glad we finally have a baseball release :biggrin:

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I have played only 1 game so far in exhibition mode. I played on the jr varsity level just to get used to some of the features. I beat La Tech 6-1. I think I will like the game but the game is a little slow when it comes to fielding the ball. I'll play more over the weekend and fine tune the game to the best of my liking. :)

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I'm currently 8-2 in my first season and ranked #3. I have 2 games coming up vs Louisville. The game is not as easy as the MVP major league version. I don't generate very many runs when I play but I don't give up many either. I sim a lot.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I'm now 22-7 and ranked #1 with South Carolina next. I pitched a no hitter vs Ole Miss and won 5-0. Those 5 runs are the most I have scored in a game that I played all the way through. I normally play a few innings and then sim the rest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.