Our last game of the season...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Well, the JV played our last game of the season last night against a school 4X larger than us, the Chinle Wildcats. We lost 36-35. We hit a "buzzer" shot at the end on the inbounds play (3 sec. left) from the side, but it was a 1/2 second two late! It was probably one of the most exciting games that I've been involved in since I've been coaching. The girls came back from a 10 point deficit and we then swapped the lead about 6 times in the 4th quarter. All 15 of the girls got to play in front of their family and contribute. As a final exam I give them an "A+". In retrospect, I think that I could have designed a play that was a bit quicker to develop. There is nobody that is prouder of his team than I am!

It was a "barn burner" in front of about 150 screaming fans!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2003
Talladega, AL.
www.line-man.com
We just fell short twice this week to the best team in the league. Lost by 4 and 7 and had it within a basket a few times under 2 minutes. Puts us 0-4. We'll be fine though, we are done with the hard part of our schedule with 4 games left we can still get a playoff spot. What did you record end up being? You got any future recruits playin for ya?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
We ended up 5-5. I have two great small guard prospects returning for next year that are in the 7th grade. We only had 3 of last years players on our team this year. Our Varsity starts the Conference tournament tomorrow.

Mar 12, 2003
Talladega, AL.
www.line-man.com
Good deal, whats so funny is I used to be an assistant baseball coach at a small high school here. I was diehard baseball until I coached a year of peewee b'ball. Every since then I've been obsessed with coaching b'ball, it's more exciting to me. Still wouldnt turn down a coaching job in either sport though ;)

Mar 12, 2003
Talladega, AL.
www.line-man.com
We've won 3 in a row. Currently 3-5 with two winable games left. Found out this week my nephew has made allstars for the second straight year. They won district last year and lost by a point to Huntsville North while without two starters. Hope to have the same success this year. :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.