What is your recruiting strategy?

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
Just interested in learning some of yalls recruiting strategies on Dynasty mode for NCAA Football 2006. Personally, I've been finishing with the #1 recruiting class every year. I start looking for the best players I can find in Alabama or in the Southeast so I don't have to give up many points going after them. When I am satisfied with the local players I am targeting, I start looking for players who are interested in Bama. I go after the best athletes in that group and try to mainly target my biggest needs.

As far as players are concerned, I look for a certain style player to fill my positions. For RB, I like guys who are 5'11 or taller and who weigh at least 190 lbs or more. Sometimes, if they are extremely speedy, I will target a smaller player, but I prefer guys who are fast and who are strong enough to break some tackles.

For QB's, I like pocket passers who have a strong arm and are accurate. I prefer them to have some mobility, but the most important thing to me is their accuracy and arm strength.

For FB's, I usually go after guys who have good speed and size. They don't have to be extremely fast, just fast enough to hit a hole up the middle if I need a short yardage play and big enough to break tackles and move a pile forward if I need some tough yards.

At OL, I usually go after tall guys who are highly rated.

At DL, I go after linemen who are quick and rated at a 4 star or higher. Size is not a big issue to me there, although I do like my DT's to be big enough to clog up the middle if needed. Speed is my priority here.

At WR, I like players who are tall, 6'0 or taller, who are rated a 4 star or higher and who have great speed.

CB: tall, speedy guys who are rated 4 or 5 star

All other positions, I just get all the 4 and 5 stars I can find.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I simply go after the best players that have Bama high on their interest list. I am ready to begin the 2016 season and I have had the #1 recruiting class about 8 times. I'm starting to lose interest in the game. I'll go for another 4 or 5 seasons and then I'll hang it up. Right now I'm enjoying Madden more than NCAA

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
Oooo...good question.

I have played a created team or a creampuff a number of times and brought them to national prominence. When doing this you have to start at the bottom of the barrel, going after only guys who show interest. Then I start looking in state and recruit the better players in state. When the program is built up a little, I start going after nationally highly recruited players who may not be on the "interested" list, but have higher than average interest. I usually start this during weeks one or two, and if they turn me down I fall back on the guys who are interested.

Generally I go by the star system, but I look at some aspects of individual positions like Bama323. Specifically, at QB I want Pocket Passers with at least an A- accuracy, power and mobility are secondary concerns. At RB I look at speed, speed and speed. At WR I look for someone tall with good hands. If they are especially speedy, it may make me notice, but hands are the key for me. I like blocking TE's with decent hands. I rarely recruit LB's, usually take a fast DE or a slow safety and put them there. Speed is very important for my DB's, and I prefer some size. The "athlete" designation continues to fascinate me and I probably recruit more of them than I should, because I like assigning positions. Power is most important in K and P, rarely even look at their accuracy.

Doc

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
QB- at qb my main priority is mobility.. i got for guys 4.5 and under.. i like mobile qb's mainly cuz i roll out on almost every passing play and i need speed to get around the outside rush/blitz.. i dont scramble very often but i love the mobile qb's accuracy doesnt matter that much to me.. neither does power really.. lol

TB- SPEED.. size doesnt really matter just want a speedy guy

FB- usually try to get HUGE guys.. right now my guy #29 taj mcgrowder is 6'4 263.. all muscle..

WR- all height.. main thing for my receivers is size.. if they are below 6'3 i dont go after them.. unless they run a 4.1 .. lol then they'll usually get a scholly from me..

TE- always goin after tall guys again.. got three 6'8 guys on my roster right now.. and goin after hands of course..

OL- i offer enormous lineman.. period.. you gotta be huge.. speed is nothing to me here..

DL- at DT i go after guys around 6'2-6'8, 270-350.. speed is a huge factor here.. and at DE i love to get TALL guys.. and speed!..

LB- speed, speed, speed!.. i run a 3-4 and take pride in my LB's

DB- main thing here is height and speed.. my safety is 6'8! haha... freak!..

besides that i love to offer athletes.. b/c i like to assign them a position as well.... but now that i've won 4 sears trophy's in a row.. i am unbelievably picky and usually only offer 5* unless i need someone at a position and there is only 4*.. so i dont get to recruit athletes too often b/c they usually arent that highly rated.. when i first start off i target from the national top 100 list.. and it doesnt even matter to me if bama is on their interest if they have higher than normal interest they are mine!.. haha.. if by week 3 they arent showing any more interest in bama.. i back off.. as far as the regions i recruit.. right now i beleive i hav 3 players from the state of bama.. i feel bad about it but.. i dont .. lol .. my players mainly come from cali, michigan, ohio, florida and texas.....

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
try this....
during the in season recruiting

Target all of your Needs....
and then find out who wants to go there more..... (dont play a game during week 1)

If you play a Rushing offense
target the recievers and QB's during the season..

They will join oblivious to how you play. Offseason is a little bit more complex in recruiting recievers and qb's if you are a rushing team.

but during the season only recruit 5 guys will fill the positions you dont play that much during that seson. (you will sign all 5 of them)
No CPU team assigns 20 pts to a recruit. and by week 6 they will be taking their offical visits to your campus with a huge lead on all other schools.

it doesnt matter if you need RB's because you can sign boatloads of them in the offseason.
My defense is incredible all around so i dont really recruit the d unless I see their #'s and see that they are #1 2 or 3 in the overall recruiting phase.

you can even play with that 20 pt. number if you want and go after a 6th recruit but it can be tricky.
(like dropping all the 20's to 18's during week 5 just to put on a recruit who has not dropped you off of his list yet.) sometimes this works sometimes it doesnt.

I have had recruits that I will not place any points on and they will keep me at number one for 5 weeks)

ROLL TIDE

funnyman4ever

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Duluth,Ga.
profile.myspace.com
With in season recruiting I usually go after player that will either fill needs or depth (occ. I will get greedy and get a guy who is really good). Once I have them on my list I watch closely to see which of them are interested in Alabama. After the second week if a recruit is not at least half way interested (at least half way up the list) in Alabama I take his points and distribute them to a player that I feel is either worth the points or has a better chance of coming. This has worked very well for me as I usually land about 7 or 8 in-season recruits a season.

Off season recruiting is one of the best aspects of the game! I usually set my recruiting points to 40 so I won't have to worry about not having enough resource to lure big recruits my way. I usually always go for interested prospects that have certain qualities- Interest in Alabama- At least average Discipline- Speedy. Also any player I recruit must have Bama at least half way up their list (this avoids having to speed a lot of points on prospects that might not come anyway). This strategy works very well for me. Last season out of every offseason prospect I targeted only 1 did not come to Alabama! I also avoid Juco's like their a disease! I love building depth and Juco's are only temperary solutions/immediate help if needed. The star system is pretty good, but it isn't what I live my recruiting life by. For most positions I look for speed (especially Rb, Wr, Lb, Cb, Ss, and Fs.). Almost every speedy prospect can develop into a great player, but there is no substitution for speed :) .

Qb- I usually go after mobility. This is in sharp contrast on how I used to recruit Qb's. My main gripe with mobile Qb's- Weak arms and horrible accuracy. In this years game they have allowed more mobile qb's to have good arm strength and so-so accuracy. Two seasons ago I recruited two Qb's that ran 4.5 and had an A-arm strength and a D- in accuracy. After one season of growing pains my Qb's accuracy has improved dramatically! It's a great way to have the best of both worlds.

Rb- Speed and Power- Usually I look at speed then power. I like finding guys who can hit the corner and never look back, but also have the ability to run through the tackles. Right now I have too many good backs. All of them run in the mid 90's and have good strength and size. Needless to say the game is abundant in good Rb's. I exclusively recruit 4 and 5 stars here.

Fb- A big guy with decent speed. Unless in short yardage situations I do not use my Fb much. His awareness needs to be good because he is the lead blocker for my Rb most of the time. Usually recruit 3 stars here and let them develop.

Wr- Speed kills. Some might disagree but I go after only speed guys here. It's nice to find a tall reciever with speed, but I do not discriminate against small guys. Right now my starting core has average speed of about 93 (My best reciever is 6'4" with 99 speed!). Catching ability can be an issue at times when my main focus is on speed, but Wr's can develop in a season and the pay off for having a fast guy is tremendous. I usually recuit 3-5 star guys here (of course speed playing a main factor).

Te- I usually look for guys with decent hands, moderate speed and good size. I am not one that uses my Te's too much, but I do utilize them every now and then. To me they are great for sealing off the corner on running plays, and occ. are open down the seam. 3-4 star recruits here.

Ol- Strength and size. I usually look at their squat and bench numbers first and then look at their size. Having big hogs up in front makes the game so much more enjoyable! I have good depth on the oline, so I can afford to take in guys (redshirt usually) and develop them. 3-5 star recruits here.

Dl- Hogs and Hawks. For the Dt's I like to find big guys (hogs) with ok speed but with real power/strenght. I recruit Dt's much like the O-line. De's (hawks) are another story though. I usually go after speedy guys with decent strength. Nothing is quite like rushing a Qb with a great De! Usually I go after only top notch players -4 but mainly 5 star recruits.

Lb- Speed and Awareness. I like to have fast/smart Lb's. It is sometimes difficult to find the right mix of field awareness and speed but they are out there. -3-5 star recruits.

Db- Ah yes, one of my favorite positions to recuit. In no other posisition (maybe other than Wr) is speed a more important factor. Cb, Fs, and Ss have to meet three qualities - 4.3 speed and decent strength and awareness. As with Wr's, a cb with great speed and bad awareness can be developed (and developed rather quickly). 2-5 star recruits here.

K/P- Not really much of a challenge here- Just recruit the guy with the most interest and best stats.

Well that's my take on recruiting. A little tip/cheat or whatever you want to call it. If you want to ensure that you have at least a pretty good offseason recruiting class all you have to do is save your dynasty after your championship game/last game of your season (do not advance to the off season until you have saved your game) and then proceed to the off season. Go through all of the fun steps of setting budgets and begging players to stay until eventually you are done with recruiting. If you find that you missed out on most of the recruits you really wanted/needed simply exit the game (do not save it) and start over from the your last save (i.e. after the championship game). This also comes in handy if you have all of your team leave for the draft or transfer (the game must randomly select certain players because it varies from restart to restart). Also this has helped me avoid Ncaa bans. The game usually randomly selects which players will leave for the draft or try to transfer. It also (depending on the NCAA bar) will randomly give out penalties. This technique allowed me to avoid Ncaa sanctions on season, so it might be a help to some of you. Well I'm tired of typing so take it easy and good luck.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.