Air it out, pound it, or balanced attack?

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
Just wanted to see the different styles of offenses people run on NCAA 2006. Myself, I like more of a balanced attack. I try to go about 50/50 run-pass, but I usually end up about 60/40 run/pass because I get ahead and run out the clock. I use Alabama's playbook mostly, but I did insert the 5 wide shotgun set and the split back shotgun set so that I would have a few formations to spread the defense out with.

I like to establish the run to open up the pass or run playaction to slow down the defense. I also like to use running plays out of the shotgun because it's hard for the defense to tell whether I'm going to throw or pass. As far as running plays, I like plays that run up the middle or off tackle mostly. My pass plays usually consist of short curls, deep fly routes, or play action passes. If I have a mobile QB, I do run some option, but I run mostly speed option out of the shotgun formation.

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
I like to pound it out. It is usually something like 60/40 in favor of the run. I try to have less than 20 pass attempts in each game if I can help it. If that happens, I know that I am probably going to win the game.

BamaCorvin

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Chattanooga , Tn
I like to run a hurry up, short passes with a 4 or 5 wide set. Sometimes i get the defense on their heels and i can throw the ball down the field using almost the exact same plays. i love stats, so i like to spread the ball around. i don't believe in running the clock out, i get all the points and yards i can!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.