Improvements and Idea's for NCAA 07 football

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
DiamondDust said:
Agreed...

I wish EA Sports would remove things like the Mascot teams and other "fluff" features, free up the memory, and improve or add some other features.
I've maybe played one half as a mascot team. Most gamers would prefer them focus their attention on the game itself. Such as physics, improved AI, ( so that a 70 speed linebacker cant run down a 95 speed receiver ). That way more important than mascot teams or "Back-to-School" bs.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
add some palys to the punt returns and kick returns like reverses and fake reverses and throw-in the ability to lateral like the old cal/stanford game.

JHHALL1

1st Team
Apr 6, 2006
you can already lateral on kick offs try using the black button on xbox. I dont play with crappy playstations!

JHHALL1

1st Team
Apr 6, 2006
just saw video and yea i think its gunna be awsome!!! Now someone just go get me date it comes out. probably june 20th is an early guess!

JHHALL1

1st Team
Apr 6, 2006
how do u delete a post??? because thats what i m trying to do here

Last edited:

JHHALL1

1st Team
Apr 6, 2006
BamaJeff said:
I'll take a PS2 over an XBOX anyday. For one thing, I hate the XBOX controller. PS3 will blow XBOX 360 out of the water.
ahhaha jeff buddy... it takes longer for everything to download theres a delay on everything and over all the PS2 is CHEAP!!! (as in not good quality). complain about the controller thats an original argument. Whatever, its a personal preference but the xbox is a whole lot better quaility!

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
IGN: NCAA Football 07: Turn the Tide - 4 page preview
And while the NCAA Football series has been able to accurately capture a lot of the spirit, pride, and passion of the college game, one thing that's been missing has been those moments that Turn the Tide. Those unforgettable trick plays that make your jaw drop and the team that lost drop even farther down the standings.

That's what NCAA Football 07 (PS2, Xbox) is all about. It's about momentum shifts. It's about control. It's about unpredictability, trickery and deception.

And it's about to launch the term Puntrooskie into the vernacular of gamers.
The Xbox360 preview is supposed to be up today at some point.

Last edited:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
IGN: NCAA Football 360: First Look

April 20, 2006 - Touchdown Jesus. If you're a Notre Dame fan, the image is awe-inspiring. If you're a gamer and you watch the statue throughout an Irish shootout as the dynamic lighting and time of day change throughout the day and night, that's when you realize where next-generation graphics are headed.

Using satellites (where and when EA got satellites I have no idea and they wouldn't tell me), the crew at EA Sports was able to capture the exact sun position for every stadium, including latitude, longitude, time (including daylight savings time), and temperature differences throughout the year. This translates into the kind of dynamic lighting that gives the game the most photorealistic nature of any sports title I've seen to date. You'll see the sun in its accurate location in the sky for every game, dropping the realistic shadows throughout the stadium. It's the first time playing in January actually feels like playing in January as you watch the cloudy sky turn dark and the rain drench the field as time progresses and you're driving for that game-winner. Even if you're only playing five minute quarters, the lighting and weather will change like it would for a three hour game in South Bend.

Hawk324

Suspended
Dec 5, 1999
AL
You folks have a lot of good ideas! I like the one about hiring assistant coaches. I also agree that they need fresh commentry from the announcers. (Hmm...wondering what Keith Jackson's voice on the game would be like)? Well, it would be different. Lol!

I really can't add to any of the specific game play improvements you guys have mentioned, so I'll offer some thoughts on other things.

I'd love to see a short halftime show where the talking heads give opinions on the game. They do a pregame show, so why not a halftime show? that would be better than a mascot game imo.

I'd love to be able to change some of the uniforms in Dynasty Mode. I mean, I might actually be tempted to coach a team like Oregon if I could get rid of those god-awful uniforms. I guess I could use the 'create a school" feature and create Oregon (but i'd lose the helmet logo). And some teams have the same colored jerseys AND trousers. Maybe I'm old-school, but I hate that look.

I'd like to be able to "tweak" the weather a little in dynasty mode. I love to see the snow and if I'm playing up north late in the season, I'd like to have a game in the snow. I'd love to be able to sim the remainder of a game if its a blowout. I'd also love to see fans storming the filed...maybe tearing down the goal posts (and maybe having the fire hoses turned on the fans?). :biggrin:

I could care less about the 'back to school' feature and can think of many things that would add to the college atmosphere than watching a player study *yawn* But anything they could do to add to the recruiting would be a plus for me. I love recruiting!

For instance, why can't they make decent looking cheerleaders? Other games have more realistic looking people but they seem to have hired a 4 year old to create the ones in this game. (Ok, so maybe that isn't very important). But if yer gonna have cheerleaders....make look good. Other things would be a better addition than school - life, like watching UGA, the bulldog try to bite players who run too close to the sideline. Or seeing the "Boomer Schooner" charge around from time to time.

I think it would be neat to add the salary and money element to the dynasty mode. For example, it would be cool to be the highest paid coach in football. It would also be cool to have teams make money from going to bowls and championships and maybe tv deals. Then you could take that money and pour it into the schools' athletic facility and perhaps encourage recruits to sign with you. It would be neat to build up a smaller school's program, increase the stadium facilities and turn it into a college superpower over the span of 20 years or so. :smile:

Just a few ideas to mull over.

:)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.