Logan Young found dead in home in Memphis

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
We may never know about this one, A very wealthy man in Memphis, a city that were it not for New Orleans would probably be concidered the crime capital of the South. Could have been a million reasons most of which have nothing to do with football,

but my money's on someone connected with UT.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2405013

"Suffice it to say, there was quite a physical struggle in this and this individual was injured severely," he said.

Nashville attorney Jim Neal, who defended Young, said he had been told the body was found by a housekeeper.

"I've had two or three calls about it, all to the same end, found killed in his home. ... I heard that there was blood everywhere. That is all I know," Neal said.

gomerpyle

Suspended
Jun 17, 2004
I'm not going to speculate, even facetiously, about possible culprits -- the range of possibilities is almost limitless.

What I will note instead is the wording of a news headline. In doing a Yahoo news search under Logan Young a few minutes ago, the third entry I found was from WBIR-TV in Knoxville. Here is the exact wording of the headline:

"Convicted Alabama booster Logan Young found murdered."

A bit of a double meaning there, don't you think? "Convicted Alabama booster." Sort of reminds me of the Calvin and Hobbes strip in which Susie Derkins is referred to as an "admitted girl."

And yes, I'm aware that this is a "paranoid" interpretation of the headline -- but I frankly don't care.

gigama

Scout Team
Aug 19, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Surely nobody from UT is involved. It is only football, hard for me to admit that, but it is true. It would take a severely twisted person to get involved with something like this. Of course, nobody knows who attacked Phillip Shanks, so I guess anything is possible. This will wind up being one of the worst scandals in American sports history if any crazy fans are involved. Say it ain't so!

PS: I am sure Finebum will dig into this in a major way. Not sure, but somehow he will find a way to blame Shula and Mal for this, while praising tubby for keeping the barn above the fray.

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
If, and that is a big if, they find out who did it, my bet would be someone he knew. At least at this point, nothing showing forced entry. I know it's still early, but it would seem if they saw that, they would say it.

I guess we will either find out in time or we will not.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Supergenius said:
Sure sounds like Young knew his killer.
RTR
I don't know if there is anything to it at this point, but I heard one report on the radio that the police could not reach/find his son. I don't know if the news people were trying to insinuate anything be this statement.

I am only speculating, but I bet it was someone that he knew.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I've figured it out: Pretend this is a game of clue.

Mob: not, too messy, they always use a 22 cal, nice, clean, no evidence.

Robbery: not, robbers don't beat people to death, this was a passion killing

Family: not, he was sick anyway, they would have just waited for him to croak off naturally

Alabama fans: not, we blame the NCAA and Fulmer more

Tennessee Fans: not, they think he's a hero for getting us on probation

the anwer is:

Paul Finebum, he paid someone to do it, the timing couldn't be better, Shula's job is secure, Tubbervills job is secure, the coach con debate isn't enough to drive ratings, he was desperate, he needed an angle get ratings from now to kickoff. The Evil genius has struck again.

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
Well, if it was his son, it fits.

I know a man who came into a lot of money. He gave his grandson, as well as other family, big bucks. His grandson ran through it like water. He then came to his grandfather demanding more and was refused. He got mad and pushed him around, shoved him against a wall, etc. demanding more. Luckily, it ended there. But, if drugs where involved, he may have snapped.

Bottom line, it is a very sad day indeed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.