Logan Young found dead in home in Memphis

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Roy Adams' comments just continue to show what a waste of DNA he truly is. A man who takes a flask of whiskey into court has absolutely no license to label anyone else as an alcoholic.

I'm surprised they didn't allow Gary Parrish to write the stories regarding Mr. Young so he could continue his hateful cacophony of misinformation.

The comments of the Groinscrape posters also show what an insipid group of sheep they are. They'll follow their beloved tenndud into the sewer and then continue to spout harangues about how good he smells.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
The killer is definitely someone who was really, really angry, not someone doing it for some logical purpose (if that can exist for a murder motive, which I think it does). As Earle has pointed out, the manner in which a person was killed tells the police A LOT about who to look for. If someone was trying to rob him, silence him, what have you, that person would have shot him.

Often times when people are the victims of crimes of passion, they're stabbed/beaten sometimes 50-100 times. That lets the cops know it's likely a personal issue that's the motive. That's not to say it's necessarily a family member or lover who commited the crime, because something non-personal could spiral out of control into something very personal. It could be a friend or bus. assoc. who was capable of completely losing it in a fit of rage. Drug dealers/criminals sometimes kill/get killed like Logan Young did over what starts as a dispute. In short, I think it's safe to say this wasn't the crime of an armed robber or football fan.

Man, the crap you can learn on cable TV and internet. :)

EDIT: Just hit 1,000 posts. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
IH8Orange said:
Roy Adams' comments just continue to show what a waste of DNA he truly is. A man who takes a flask of whiskey into court has absolutely no license to label anyone else as an alcoholic.

I'm surprised they didn't allow Gary Parrish to write the stories regarding Mr. Young so he could continue his hateful cacophony of misinformation.

The comments of the Groinscrape posters also show what an insipid group of sheep they are. They'll follow their beloved tenndud into the sewer and then continue to spout harangues about how good he smells.
You'd think he'd at least have enough sense (forget class) not to publicly bad-talk a person who was just murdered in his own home.

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA
I to am surprised at anyone tying this tragedy with football. I seriously, seriously doubt that it had anything to do with all of that. I will slightly disagree with Earle and say that I don't think that level of violence necessarily equates to a deep hatred, but it very well could. Maybe a deep seeded resentment to the fact that the supply of money had ceased. I think one of the papers today said that the son was not a suspect. If it was the son I have some first hand experience with that sort of thing. A distant relation (cousin of my father) was a similar type, coming from a privileged family, had great problems with drugs and alcohol, father cut him off and he proceeded to almost beat his elderly father to death. Fortunately in this case, someone else was there to intervene and save his life. So my point is, never underestimate the lengths that addicts will go to or what they will do in a fit of rage. The fact that the victim is "family" rarely seems to enter their minds. Substance abuse is rampant in my family and I've seen too many examples of how low people will stoop or how poorly they will treat their families.

TideFaninFl

1st Team
Jul 26, 2003
Merritt Island, FL, USA
I may have two or three good brain cells left....

JohnnyCache said:
I personally can't believe that anybody with at least two good brain cells to rub together to spark a thought could ever think that this was done by anybody involved with UT. Its preposterous. Keep in mind that LYIII had been having a problem with drugs for quite some time. Anybody strung out enough on anything major isn't exactly going to be sitting there thinking to themselves, "there's 5 grand in the house, I'm getting kicked out but all I have to do is clean up and I'll have millions!". Its a quick fix attitude and a crime of passion. Like Earl said, either a relative or a lover of some sort.

I always knew this wouldn't end well. Somebody was bound to die somewhere down the road. Sad story that it happened at all but you better be praying that it was nothing more than the son killing the father. Any links to either our program or UT and there'll be fallout for years and years.

Taken on it's own, I would say logically there is no way a UT fan did this act. However, knowing that:

1) UT's hatred for Bama

2) The fact that Shank's office was robbed, and the boxes with LY defense were stolen, and that led directly to LY being convicted (if anybody thinks for a second that those papers were not used to defuse LY defense, you are fooling yourself)

3) The fact that there were many problems with the ncaa's investigation into Bama football (breaking their own bylaws to start, making up items for another)

4) That it was possible that LY had dirt on UT (that might be an understatement)

5) That the truth behind what happened to Bama (SEC office, ncaa, UT, etc) could go deeper than anybody knew, and they needed to stop it before it all came to light.

Could it have been an Alabama fan? Possible, however the fact that Bama went 10-2 last year would decrease that possibility. If it had happened before last year, it would be more plausible.

No football team makes millions of dollars for individuals, right? No football program would lie about another, right? No football coach would stab another in the back if they both were on the same side, right?..... something to think about

My hope is that it is neither and it was family (not that it is any comfort). My LY rest in peace.....

Last edited:

coachts1

Scout Team
May 21, 2003
Savannah, TN, United States
I agree with Gator, without the pending circumstances, this would not be news. However, it is plastered across the front page of every paper in tn today. The paper I got today from Jackson, tn says "Logan Young, the man convicted of paying a highschool coach to send players to Alabama.

The paper said they had to use finger prints and dental records to identify the body. Very sad.

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Re: I may have two or three good brain cells left....

TideFaninFl said:
JohnnyCache said:
I personally can't believe that anybody with at least two good brain cells to rub together to spark a thought could ever think that this was done by anybody involved with UT. Its preposterous. Keep in mind that LYIII had been having a problem with drugs for quite some time. Anybody strung out enough on anything major isn't exactly going to be sitting there thinking to themselves, "there's 5 grand in the house, I'm getting kicked out but all I have to do is clean up and I'll have millions!". Its a quick fix attitude and a crime of passion. Like Earl said, either a relative or a lover of some sort.

I always knew this wouldn't end well. Somebody was bound to die somewhere down the road. Sad story that it happened at all but you better be praying that it was nothing more than the son killing the father. Any links to either our program or UT and there'll be fallout for years and years.

Taken on it's own, I would say logically there is no way a UT fan did this act. However, knowing that:

1) UT's hatred for Bama

2) The fact that Shank's office was robbed, and the boxes with LY defense were stolen, and that led directly to LY being convicted (if anybody thinks for a second that those papers were not used to defuse LY defense, you are fooling yourself)

3) The fact that there were many problems with the ncaa's investigation into Bama football (breaking their own bylaws to start, making up items for another)

4) That it was possible that LY had dirt on UT (that might be an understatement)

5) That the truth behind what happened to Bama (SEC office, ncaa, UT, etc) could go deeper than anybody knew, and they needed to stop it before it all came to light.

Could it have been an Alabama fan? Possible, however the fact that Bama went 10-2 last year would decrease that possibility. If it had happened before last year, it would be more plausible.

No football team makes millions of dollars for individuals, right? No football program would lie about another, right? No football coach would stab another in the back if they both were on the same side, right?..... something to think about

My hope is that it is neither and it was family (not that it is any comfort). My LY rest in peace.....

#5 has been what i have been thinking. If a University is somehow tied to this, this would make more sense than someone from UT. We all know that LY appeal was coming and there was supposed to be some more evidence showing his innocence. To show his innocence, then he had to lay blame somewhere because even though LY may have not been guilty, someone was. Thats my 2 cents......

DONT get me wrong, I am not saying that this is what I think happened. I am saying that "IF A UNIVERSITY/FAN/ALUMNUS is involved" that this makes more sense to me...

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Chukker Veteran said:
Roy Adams, a University of Tennessee booster and once a friend of Young's, said the bitterness he feels over a long-standing feud with Young is not lessened by his death.

Adams helped lead high school football coach Milton Kirk to the NCAA to spark the probe and subsequent federal trial. Their friendship ended, Adams said, when Young made derogatory remarks about his late mother.

"I have mixed feelings," Adams said Tuesday. "The last conversation I had with Logan Young, he was obviously under the influence of alcohol. He called me late one night and said he spent more money on football coaches and players than a lot of people do on racehorses, (but) the one thing he regretted more in his life was the $100 he spent on the flowers for my mother's funeral.

"My mother was a saint. The Good Book says to forgive, but it's hard to forget when somebody says something that mean about your mother."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1144833316276150.xml&coll=2

I saw where Tennstud posted a comment on one of the UT boards yesterday about this. I cant seem to find it this morning, but although he did mentino the flowers comment by LY, he was very respectful of what happened to LY. Just be sure that if you read the article that you keep that in mind. Roy Adams and LY and many problems between them but after this happened, Roy Adams acted like a man and did not say anything out of the way at all.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
This morning at my law firm, an attorney for an adversary party from Memphis called to cancel an appointment set for tomorrow. One his clients was in a contentious legal dispute with Logan Young and the police wanted to question him in connection with the murder.

With regard to Tennstud and FatPhil - the phrase "military intelligence" is an oxymoron and the names Tennstud and FatPhil linked to class and integrity is another.

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
R.I.P. Logan Young.

Without speculating about the contents, the final chapter has yet to be written.

Regardless of the result of the murder investigation.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Dan Patrick briefly brought it up on his show today. Even mentioned the beating and stealing of files connection of Shanks (that right?). Unfortunately, one of the questions he raised was whether or not this was retribution from someone with UA connections....

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
TheBamaMan said:
I saw where Tennstud posted a comment on one of the UT boards yesterday about this. I cant seem to find it this morning, but although he did mentino the flowers comment by LY, he was very respectful of what happened to LY. Just be sure that if you read the article that you keep that in mind. Roy Adams and LY and many problems between them but after this happened, Roy Adams acted like a man and did not say anything out of the way at all.
I completely disagree. I also read Roy's posts on gritscrape yesterday. You don't pay respect to someone by taking a few last minute jabs at him. That was no eulogy it was nothing but Roy spewing one last bit of venom at Logan. Anyone thinking he paid Logan any respect apparently doesn’t have a problem with Roy making his true/ untrue comment about the flowers for his mother or the comment, true/ untrue about what Logan said about Roy's mother. Roy's mother might have been a saint but she certainly raised someone of a much lower character.

Roy Adams has never acted like a man IMO.

(this message is completely my own opinion and not that of tidefans.com)

nivekstan

1st Team
Dec 9, 2005
Rising Fawn, GA
lyIII has already been questioned by police, dna samples taken, and released. from all the stories i've read, this was a very bloody crime scene that involved several rooms in the house. which would lead me to believe at this early stage that whoever did this should have some signs of struggle, cuts, or scratches on them and would also lead me to believe his son has no outward signs of having just been in an extremely violent altercation. just a thought.

goodnightjonboy

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2005
Spanish Fortish, AL
Roy Adams is a spineless coward. Hey Roy, why don't you kick a man while he's down. He made reference to "The Good Book" in his comments. Roy wouldn't know the "Good Book" if it slept in his bed with him. "I know the Good Book says to forgive and all..." Yeah it does, Roy. Seventy times seven. That means you, as well as the rest of us, have no excuse. Classless. Utterly disgusting. It's people like this that really chap my hide. I've been reading post after post speculating who may have done it and why they did it. The point is someone has been brutally bludgeoned to death. There's no room for speculation. Sorry, I hate to be a prude, but I'm aggrevated. Roll Tide LY!

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
bayoutider said:
I completely disagree. I also read Roy's posts on gritscrape yesterday. You don't pay respect to someone by taking a few last minute jabs at him. That was no eulogy it was nothing but Roy spewing one last bit of venom at Logan. Anyone thinking he paid Logan any respect apparently doesn’t have a problem with Roy making his true/ untrue comment about the flowers for his mother or the comment, true/ untrue about what Logan said about Roy's mother. Roy's mother might have been a saint but she certainly raised someone of a much lower character.

Roy Adams has never acted like a man IMO.

(this message is completely my own opinion and not that of tidefans.com)
I listened to Adams on Finebaum, and he made it sound like he was this rational supportive guy who was verbally attacked out of the blue by Young. Of course, Adams' internet persona certainly suggests that he's a jerk who could provoke a person in a heartbeat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.