Logan Young found dead in home in Memphis

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If tenndud wasn't such a stable person you could almost imagine him in a frenzy, coonskin cap askew, flailing away at somebody, all the while screaming about his dear dead saint of a mother.
Whoever killed Young was more than likely intoxicated somehow, and of course that also rules out the dud.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Chukker Veteran said:
If tenndud wasn't such a stable person you could almost imagine him in a frenzy, coonskin cap askew, flailing away at somebody, all the while screaming about his dear dead saint of a mother.
Whoever killed Young was more than likely intoxicated somehow, and of course that also rules out the dud.
:biggrin:

Yep. Roy Adams is such a paragon of virtue. He couldn't possibly be involved.

Maybe he hasn't been getting enough action in his hottub lately, so he figured that in prison he'd be in demand like Beech Nut at a viles game.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I hope nobody is gullible enough to actually believe anything Roy Adams says. According to him, Logan Young called his mother a POS, I can't speak to that, but I can say that she sure raised one.

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
Jack Bourbon said:
The killer is definitely someone who was really, really angry, not someone doing it for some logical purpose (if that can exist for a murder motive, which I think it does). As Earle has pointed out, the manner in which a person was killed tells the police A LOT about who to look for. If someone was trying to rob him, silence him, what have you, that person would have shot him.

Often times when people are the victims of crimes of passion, they're stabbed/beaten sometimes 50-100 times. That lets the cops know it's likely a personal issue that's the motive. That's not to say it's necessarily a family member or lover who commited the crime, because something non-personal could spiral out of control into something very personal. It could be a friend or bus. assoc. who was capable of completely losing it in a fit of rage. Drug dealers/criminals sometimes kill/get killed like Logan Young did over what starts as a dispute. In short, I think it's safe to say this wasn't the crime of an armed robber or football fan.

Man, the crap you can learn on cable TV and internet. :)

EDIT: Just hit 1,000 posts. :biggrin:

Has anyone stopped to think about the possibility that Logan's killer may have been smart enough to know what a crime of passion killing looks like and so killed him in a way that would hopefully throw off the police. You gotta think that if the majority of posters on this board realize what would be considered a crime of passion, then just maybe other people do also. :confused:

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
If I had to guess, right now, I would say that most likely it was the son. He had some recent run ins with the law and he lived at home with Logan Young, so he obviously had access to the residence at the time of the murder. We can only speculate about a motive at this point. Maybe he needed money to get out of a bind and Logan wouldn't give it to him. I'm sure the police are already looking into all the possible motives the son would have for doing this.

However, even though the son looks like the convenient person to pin this on, there is still a possibility that someone involved with the UT program was involved. I know most people are discounting this idea as ludicrous, but if you think about it, it really is not too far-fetched. When I say someone involved with the UT program, I don't mean a UT coach, UT employee, or a UT fan. I mean a booster with alot of influence behind the scenes. Someone who would have something to lose both financially and legally. Logan had alot of enemies and if an individual was faced with the possibility of losing millions of dollars, having their reputation ruined, and facing jail time, who knows what that person may be capable of. Especially someone with deep enough pockets and enough pull to make it happen. You simply can't discount the idea just because it sounds unfeasible.

Those of you who believe the latter scenario is ridiculous and couldn't have happened may be right, but I've heard of crazier things happening just by watching "City Confidential" on TV. Nothing is out of the question, because there are plenty of crazy people in the world today. Greed and hatred unfortunately reveal their ugly heads all the time in our society and there are numerous incidents that are very out of the ordinary, but they happen. Just something to keep in mind.

I don't believe anyone with ties to the UA program had anything to do with this simply because UA had nothing to lose. Everything that happened with Logan Young was history. UA moved on along time ago, even before Logan Young went to trial.

BeenwiththeBear

1st Team
Oct 11, 2005
North Shelby Co, Al
The police seem to be backtracking from the initial reports surrrounding the murder scene. I have heard there is a news conference tomorrow. The son does not seem to be a prime suspect.

Logan recently had a kidney transplant. That means he probably had a large "port" or "shunt" implanted into an artery to enable rapid access for dialysis or for transfusions. It is not common, but should the "port" malfunction (for whatever reason), he could bleed to death quickly. That would explain the bloody "crime scene".

My guess....he died accidentally.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LOL...

Yep, big accident. That's the reason the police said that they "presumed it was Mr. Young," but that it would take dental records and fingerprints for a positive ID...

CrimsonCT

Suspended
Dec 5, 2005
Palo Alto, CA
Re: LOL...

TIDE-HSV said:
Yep, big accident. That's the reason the police said that they "presumed it was Mr. Young," but that it would take dental records and fingerprints for a positive ID...
I believe one working theory was that he accidently fell down the stairs face-first, then wandered through the house (distributing the aforementioned arterial splatter), and finally crawled into bed to die.

Plausible. ;)

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
I think the advent of Television is the reason and cuase for all of this(replies to this thread). We think we can figure all these situations with ease. We're experienced.

If certian replies to this thread, and possibly, including my own, are any indication of the Investigators in charge of this investigation, we will never no what happened.

R.I.P.

L.Y.

P.S. I don't like what you did to BAMA, but I hope you go to up yander.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Somehow...

He didn't look athletic enough to bounce down the step on his face an hit each step, rendering his face unrecognizable. An old doctors' adage in making dx - when you hear hoof beats, it's probably not zebras...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And, BTW...

one person known to be an actual close friend has posted on another board that his PJ top was ripped off in the kitchen, where he was preparing a plate of food and that food and blood were found all the way up the stairs to the bedroom, where the body was found. I don't vouch for the truth of this, but, if true, the police theory of bouncing down the stairs on his face is pretty well shot. Ahhh, Memphis law enforcement - hard to say too much about it... :rolleyes:

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
Re: And, BTW...

TIDE-HSV said:
he was preparing a plate of food and that food and blood were found all the way up the stairs to the bedroom, where the body was found.QUOTE]

now how is anyone gonna say that it WASN'T phat phil!??!????... he beat him to death w/ his man boobs and then ate his food as he walked up the stairs and placed the body in bed...

JHHALL1

1st Team
Apr 6, 2006
Re: How about...

TIDE-HSV said:
we have him and the Ramp Lady in a mud wrestle-off... :biggrin:
And then have both of them banned from BDS because oh my goodness that lady freaking kills me and i m in the student section(opposite part of the stadium). Student tickets go on sale in 15 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RTR

BAMAJD323

Scout Team
Feb 4, 2006
Chelsea, AL
This is DISGUSTING!!

:frown: I am horrified by the callousness and insensitivity of some of the people on this board. This man died a horrible death and all you can think to do is make jokes and try to implicate UT for it. Unbelievable. Please, have some compassion and class and try to remember the family and friends during this time. I hope that Mr. Young was right with our Lord, and that he is in paradise. Everyone should say a prayer for Mr. Logan and LYIII. Also, pray for who ever is responsible for this. They are obviously a very sick person(s) and need help.May God Bless you all.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
Re: LOL...

TIDE-HSV said:

Not that I don't realize that you're joking around, but I think you're overestimating the common sense of the average govt employee. The police in Memphis easily could have worded what should have been a by-the-book statement about a typical ID procedure to accidentally sound like they had just happened upon the work of the Manson family. The fact that yesterday's story is so different than today's says a lot about what should be assumed from either police public statement, which is "nada."

Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist--I trust them the least of anyone. :D I really am just waiting to see what the hell happened at this point, which I predict will be very obvious very soon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.