NCAA 07 Demo on Xbox360 now available!

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
The demo weighs in at 1.05 GB. I downloaded it late last night but didn't get a chance to play it. Don't even know if I'll get to when I get home tonight because I'm supposed to be heading out of town.

Reviews of the demo have been mixed from what I've read.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Got to try it out. I hope this demo was based off of an earlier build because the stadium intro was jerky and the aliasing (jaggies) was pretty bad. Other than that, the game played very well.

Corso and Co. still are using the same lines from 5 years ago. :/

The kicking mechanic is completely different now though. You use the right analog stick to kick similar to how you use the analog stick to swing the clubs in the Tiger Woods golf game. It's not that bad but the way they have it is setup, I don't see why you would change it from a button pushing. It is still basically the same thing. Pull back to start the power meter...push forward to try and get the most power. The only thing different is how straight (or not) your manipulation of the analog stick helps determine the accuracy of the kick.

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
Queasy1 said:
Got to try it out. I hope this demo was based off of an earlier build because the stadium intro was jerky and the aliasing (jaggies) was pretty bad. Other than that, the game played very well.

Corso and Co. still are using the same lines from 5 years ago. :/
Thats so lame. EA needs to stepup big time. Next years version had better be much improved if they want my money.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I also tried it out last night. I was impressed because the game was better than any of the games on the current gen systems...but I could tell this was a scaled down version of the real game. If you just look at screenshots that have been all over the place, you can see a big difference from the demo. Also, I never saw anyone in the crowd to the tomahawk chop or the gator chomp. Every analyst I have heard has said that NCAA07 will blow Madden06 away in terms of gameplay and graphics. If I base my judgement on the demo...I would say that person was lying because Madden06 looks 10 times better than the NCAA07 demo that has been released. That has to mean the demo was a stripped down version of the real game. So...I guess I was disappointed in the demo...but I'm hoping that will just set me up for being blown away by the real game.

RTR!!!

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Some are saying that the demo was based off of an earlier build of the game. Which explains why it doesn't look all that hot.

The gameplay is still there but people are expecting knockout graphics with these 'next-gen' consoles.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
1 gig download and it sucks.... hmmm how much space is on a dvd?
that should give you some indication of how the game will be next week.
I would think that they would want the best demo possible, demos are only for marketing purposes anyway.

mdbrock7

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 23, 2005
www.xboxfootballrosters.com
crmsnrevelation said:
1 gig download and it sucks....hmmm how much space is on a dvd?
that should give you some indication of how the game will be next week.
I would think that they would want the best demo possible, demos are only for marketing purposes anyway.
A dual layer dvd will hold over 9 gigs

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Queasy1 said:
Some are saying that the demo was based off of an earlier build of the game. Which explains why it doesn't look all that hot.

The gameplay is still there but people are expecting knockout graphics with these 'next-gen' consoles.
Yeah...all of the experts that have reviewed this game have had nothing but incredible things to say about it. I have no doubt in my mind that the demo is nowhere near as good as the game itself. How could so many experts be wrong...especially when talking about the incredible graphics this game is supposed to have? I'm just gonna use this demo to help me get used to the gameplay and the controller before the real thing gets here.

RTR!

spb34

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2005
Mobile, AL
You mean you can burn the demo's on CD's? I thought that the 360 premium edition came with a hard drive to download the demos. I only have the core version so all this time I have not been downloading the demos because I didn't think I could.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
the 360 doesnt have a dvd-r
you cant burn anything on a 360
it would be nice though
all that stuff on your hard drive? gotta go get a new one, or just burn some dvds

you need to get that hard drive.
save yourself the headache.

the download on the xbox live marketplace was 1 gig

i asked how much space is on a dual layer dvd and someone said 9 gig

20 gig hard drive
1 gig demo.
WE NEED BIGGER HARD DRIVES

Last edited:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
spb34 said:
You mean you can burn the demo's on CD's? I thought that the 360 premium edition came with a hard drive to download the demos. I only have the core version so all this time I have not been downloading the demos because I didn't think I could.
No, you have to have the hard drive to download the demos. You can't burn them to CDs.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.