Have Xbox 360, so should I keep my PS2 or not?

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
Can't decide if I want to part my PS2 system along with my collection of sports games for cash so I can buy some Xbox 360 games. Should I sell it or keep my PS2 along with Xbox 360? I just recently got married so money is tight right now especially with house payments.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Depends on if you think it is worth keeping and if you think there are any upcoming PS2 games you'll want.

If you are going to trade it in though, now is the time with the PS3 launch just a couple of months down the road.

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Queasy1 said:
Depends on if you think it is worth keeping and if you think there are any upcoming PS2 games you'll want.

If you are going to trade it in though, now is the time with the PS3 launch just a couple of months down the road.

What would you do Queasy? How much is the PS3 system going to cost when it is lauched? I heard $600 is the price tag. From what I'm assuming, the companies are going to be focusing so much on the production of Xbox 360 and PS3 games from this point on. I have an offer of $200 for the PS2 system along with my 10-15 games that I have with it. I would love to get PS3, but I don't know if I can afford it.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
playball31580 said:
What would you do Queasy? How much is the PS3 system going to cost when it is lauched? I heard $600 is the price tag. From what I'm assuming, the companies are going to be focusing so much on the production of Xbox 360 and PS3 games from this point on. I have an offer of $200 for the PS2 system along with my 10-15 games that I have with it. I would love to get PS3, but I don't know if I can afford it.
The PS3 is going to be $500-$600 (two SKUs) and extremely limited in supply. Also, the launch lineup is looking pretty bad at this point so I wouldn't even worry about picking up a PS3 until 2007 sometime.

Ultimately, it is up to whether or not you think the $200 is worth not having your PS2 + games around for you to enjoy.

That's not a bad price though.

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Queasy1 said:
The PS3 is going to be $500-$600 (two SKUs) and extremely limited in supply. Also, the launch lineup is looking pretty bad at this point so I wouldn't even worry about picking up a PS3 until 2007 sometime.

Ultimately, it is up to whether or not you think the $200 is worth not having your PS2 + games around for you to enjoy.

That's not a bad price though.
I'll decide on the PS2 as there are games that I like on the PS2 that I want to keep, but don't know if Xbox 360 will be making them (epescially the NFL and NBA Street games).

What games should I get on Xbox 360 right now? Don't worry, I'll be getting the NCAA Football game next week as that will be my first game for Xbox 360.

crimsonoldtimer

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2003
Mobile, Al.
I also have been thinking about the 360. Has anyone had any problems with theirs. I have seen references to the 3 red lights of death. Just curious if MS has worked out the problems they had when the 360 first came out.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
playball31580 said:
What games should I get on Xbox 360 right now? Don't worry, I'll be getting the NCAA Football game next week as that will be my first game for Xbox 360.
Depends on what type of games you like - NCAA and Madden out soon.

Rockstar's Table Tennis is addicting and cheap.

There's all the standard EA Sports games - Golf, NBA, Hockey, Boxing (Fight Night Round 3)

Good racing games include Project Gotham Racing 3, Burnout Revenge, MotoGP 06 with the best, Forza Motosports 2, around the corner.

Oblivion is an amazingly deep RPG.

Call of Duty II, Condemned, and Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighters are solid shooting games.

Plus there are some addicting and simple games to download on Xbox Live Arcade.

If you're short on cash, try PlayAsia.com for buying new games. They have region free 360 games for just under $40.

Also try renting from Blockbuster or Gamefly.com

One of the great things about the 360 is that you can download demos of games to help decide what you want to purchase. Not all games have demos but there is a decent selection so far.

Last edited:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
crimsonoldtimer said:
I also have been thinking about the 360. Has anyone had any problems with theirs. I have seen references to the 3 red lights of death. Just curious if MS has worked out the problems they had when the 360 first came out.
Mine died back in March but MS replaced even though I was a couple of weeks out of warranty. They overnighted me a box, I put the 360 in it and dropped it off at the UPS store where it was overnighted to MS. They sent me back a new one in about a week. Free shipping on all of that.

The reports of problems now are not nearly as prevalent as it was when it was first released.

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
One of the great things about the 360 is that you can download demos of games to help decide what you want to purchase. Not all games have demos but there is a decent selection so far.[/QUOTE]

How can you download demos of games on 360? I assume you have to pay a fee to do that or have online access in order to do that perhaps?

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
playball31580 said:
How can you download demos of games on 360? I assume you have to pay a fee to do that or have online access in order to do that perhaps?
You do have to have an internet connection. There are two versions of Xbox Live - Silver and Gold.

Silver - you can download all content and have access to game leaderboards for free. However, you cannot play against others online.

Gold - is basically the silver package plus the ability to play against others online. Costs $50 per year.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Hey Queasy, have you ordered games from PlayAsia? That seems like a pretty sweet deal if they're pretty much the same or even better exactly the same as the ones you can buy here. So which one are they, pretty much the same or exactly the same? By the way, thanks for all your help and info about the 360. Can't wait till mine gets here! :biggrin2:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
BEATtutorsee said:
Hey Queasy, have you ordered games from PlayAsia? That seems like a pretty sweet deal if they're pretty much the same or even better exactly the same as the ones you can buy here. So which one are they, pretty much the same or exactly the same? By the way, thanks for all your help and info about the 360. Can't wait till mine gets here! :biggrin2:
I haven't yet but only because I'm mainly renting games now (free rentals via Blockbuster Online subscription). The games I have bought have been because of sweet deals (Table Tennis for $30) or impulse buys (DOA4).

I've heard good and bad things about PlayAsia no different from ordering from most online retailers. Just consult this list of region free games. Most 360 games are region-free, so just make sure.

These games are exactly the same. Just don't expect fast shipping since this is coming from outside the country.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Queasy1 said:
I haven't yet but only because I'm mainly renting games now (free rentals via Blockbuster Online subscription). The games I have bought have been because of sweet deals (Table Tennis for $30) or impulse buys (DOA4).

I've heard good and bad things about PlayAsia no different from ordering from most online retailers. Just consult this list of region free games. Most 360 games are region-free, so just make sure.

These games are exactly the same. Just don't expect fast shipping since this is coming from outside the country.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up!

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
crimsonoldtimer said:
I have had to send mine back twice now.

If you check the back of your 360 it should have a MFG date on it.
if it was made in 2005 you just might have to send it back.

the first one i got was made in october and the second one i got was made in nov.

they just sent me my third and it was made in march so i can only hope.

I kinda get that feeling that its gonna poop at any minute, but it maybe just me.

Does anybodys sound like a f-16? mine sure as hell does

Last edited:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
crmsnrevelation said:
Does anybodys sound like a f-16? mine sure as hell does
That's the DVD drive. Once it starts spinning with a game in it, it gets pretty loud. The cooling fans are only kind of loud. I usually notice it only during quiet parts of movies/games or when I have the sound down low.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.