Besides NCAA football game, any other sports games I should buy?

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
Besides buying NCAA Football game next week, is there any sports game on Xbox 360 that is already out that I should definitiely buy? ...like EA World Cup? Table Tennis? etc..... I just got the system and don't have any games in my collection just yet:biggrin2: I'm a big sports fan and I pretty much just play sports game..no role playing or fighting games appeal to me that much.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Fight Night Round 3
Rockstar's Table Tennis
World Cup Soccer
Top Spin 2 (tennis)
Wait for Madden 07
Might want to wait for all next round of NBA and Hockey games too.

Stay away from MLB2K6 - buggy as all get out.

Racing games - Project Gotham Racing 3, Burnout: Revenge. Stay away from Ridge Racer and Full Auto. Forza 2 will be out this fall...the previous Forza for Xbox rocked.

Last edited:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
If you have Xbox Live, download some demos. I've found that it's a good way to gauge whether or not you want to buy the game. Plus...it's free...so why not try it out?

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
Queasy1 said:
Fight Night Round 3
Rockstar's Table Tennis
World Cup Soccer
Top Spin 2 (tennis)
Wait for Madden 07
Might want to wait for all next round of NBA and Hockey games too.

Stay away from MLB2K6 - buggy as all get out.

Racing games - Project Gotham Racing 3, Burnout: Revenge. Stay away from Ridge Racer and Full Auto. Forza 2 will be out this fall...the previous Forza for Xbox rocked.
You're leaving out "NFS: Most Wanted". Its pretty good.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
bamapride79 said:
You're leaving out "NFS: Most Wanted". Its pretty good.
It was alright. I enjoyed PGR3 and Burnout:Revenge more. Something about NFS felt 'off' to me. Couldn't put my finger on it.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
DiamondDust said:
From what I'm hearing, NCAA Football on the current gen systems (XBOX and PS2) is going to be better than the one on 360. Sure, 360 will blow the graphics out of the water, but features wise... it is going to be limited. The same goes for nearly all 360 sports games.
I don't think there's going to be much of a difference between the versions from what I've read. The 360 isn't going to have the spring game available apparently, but it's supposed to have a deeper dynasty as far as stats and things and is also going to have "smart fans" compared to the current gen systems. Personally, I'd rather have the more inclusive dynasty than the spring game, but it would be good to have both! :wink:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
DiamondDust said:
From what I'm hearing, NCAA Football on the current gen systems (XBOX and PS2) is going to be better than the one on 360. Sure, 360 will blow the graphics out of the water, but features wise... it is going to be limited. The same goes for nearly all 360 sports games.
That's true of the EA Sports games. Madden 06 was missing features because some stuff couldn't make it by launch. Madden 07 is supposed to have all the features. Part of the reason is that EA is rebuilding the games from the ground up.

NCAA is going through something similar. I don't know if I'll miss stuff like the Race for the Heisman stuff.

Fight Night Round 3 is probably the only EA Sports game for the 360 that this isn't true of.

The 2K6 games weren't missing any features (that I know of)....though MLB2K6 came out horribly buggy for some reason.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.