NCAA 07 - prepare to fall in love again :)

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
You better run JJ because bruisers are the best.
I started my 2nd season last night and his pure power is overwhelming.
Don't use the speed guys. Try the power backs, They make so many people miss. JJ might not win a Heisman in the real world but he is doing a tremendous job in NCAA 07. You will see what I mean in your next season. I believe he ran over at least 12 people in my Dynasty. Train him well!!!!

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
One thing I wanted to know about was our recievers. I have the game, but am without an xbox for the moment so I can't play it. :mad2: Anyways, how are our recievers rated, do they catch well, and has anyone subbed Bino in on offense?

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
bamafan37 said:
One thing I wanted to know about was our recievers. I have the game, but am without an xbox for the moment so I can't play it. :mad2: Anyways, how are our recievers rated, do they catch well, and has anyone subbed Bino in on offense?
I am playing a season right now on the "Varsity" difficulty. I'd play up harder...but this is my first time playing NCAA as I am used to playing Madden...and it's also my first time with the Xbox360 stick instead of one for the PS2. That said...I've found that if a receiver is open...he will pretty much always catch the ball. If you have a QB with good accuracy...your receivers will have a lot better chance of catching the ball in traffic. Right now DJ Hall and Keith Brown are doing well for me. Brown is great on the fades and posts and Hall is awesome on the cross routes and out patterns. Also...Trent Davidson (TE) is not too bad if he's open. Another factor is how good the DBs are on the defense. If they are a key player...it's hard to get your WR open on him. Overall...I'd say our receivers are good with JPW being a pretty good passer.

RTR!!!

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
theBIGyowski said:
I am playing a season right now on the "Varsity" difficulty. I'd play up harder...but this is my first time playing NCAA as I am used to playing Madden...and it's also my first time with the Xbox360 stick instead of one for the PS2. That said...I've found that if a receiver is open...he will pretty much always catch the ball. If you have a QB with good accuracy...your receivers will have a lot better chance of catching the ball in traffic. Right now DJ Hall and Keith Brown are doing well for me. Brown is great on the fades and posts and Hall is awesome on the cross routes and out patterns. Also...Trent Davidson (TE) is not too bad if he's open. Another factor is how good the DBs are on the defense. If they are a key player...it's hard to get your WR open on him. Overall...I'd say our receivers are good with JPW being a pretty good passer.

RTR!!!
I agree, I think the receivers are very good. It's definitely a lot easier to throw the ball in this year's version and the receivers don't drop nearly as many passes as they did in last year's version.

JHHALL1

1st Team
Apr 6, 2006
has anyone noticed how the players celebrate a whooooolllleeeee lot and at key times??? i just made a huge 3rd down stops and get flaged for unsportsmen like conduct!!!! AND IT HAS HAPPENED LIKE 5 TIMES

i havent blocked an EP yet but havet very much

there is too much stuf on the top too

i dont like the first person kick returning and also on user pics and fumbles

but i like how i can actually pass with bama and the WR CATCH

i just sent off my memory card to fairdale kinghts today and am really lookin forward to that

i think i might like 06 better right now but i have only played like 4 games and got it the opening night at midnight but working 51 hrs this week doesnt allow much playin time

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Just finished my first season on my dynasty. Beat the stank p*** out of notre lame in the Fiesta for the NC! I've noticed that recruiting is a lot more hit or miss, at least on the 360 version. Maybe it's just because it was my first season, but I would have figured going undefeated and winning the NC would have had me crawling with recruits. It wasn't too bad though, I did still finish with the #2 class. :wink: Getting ready to start my second season and we'll see if it changes.

Mav^

3rd Team
Sep 11, 2005
JHHALL1 said:
i dont like the first person kick returning and also on user pics and fumbles
This INFURIATES me. I mean, what were the developers thinking? "You get a closer shot at the action." No, I don't want a closer shot, I want to be able to see. I guess they thought it would be realistic, as if putting yourself in the eyes of a player, but players don't have tunnel vision causing them to get tackled from the side every single time.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Mav^ said:
This INFURIATES me. I mean, what were the developers thinking? "You get a closer shot at the action." No, I don't want a closer shot, I want to be able to see. I guess they thought it would be realistic, as if putting yourself in the eyes of a player, but players don't have tunnel vision causing them to get tackled from the side every single time.
I agree completely, running back kickoffs becomes almost impossible. And how many big completions do you give up because the camera angle changes at the last second?

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
JHall
I wish I had an answer for you, but 360 has some problems too. If you go on offense you cant always go on the first snap count. You have to throw in some hard counts because the defense will jump the line.
The biggest problem with throwing in hard counts is that your OLine is 50/50 on false starts, and that is a huge problem with me. It slows the game down even more and really takes away from the immersion.

I do not know what system you are on, but the 360 doesnt have any celebration penalties.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i bought it yesterday and i can say wow. i love it best version yet. i played just a random game bama v colorado. i won it off a blocked kick at the end 23-22. i wanted to take today off a play more but i have to earn a living :mad2:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
crmsnrevelation said:
JHall
I wish I had an answer for you, but 360 has some problems too. If you go on offense you cant always go on the first snap count. You have to throw in some hard counts because the defense will jump the line.
The biggest problem with throwing in hard counts is that your OLine is 50/50 on false starts, and that is a huge problem with me. It slows the game down even more and really takes away from the immersion.
Go in to the settings and adjust the false start penalties so that it will happen less frequently. I like the hard count because it adds a little more to the game.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Queasy1 said:
Go in to the settings and adjust the false start penalties so that it will happen less frequently. I like the hard count because it adds a little more to the game.
But we dont have to have 4 false starts per half. thats a little too harsh and possibly hurts in recruiting OLine.
can you adjust sliders to counter this?

Last edited:

funnyman4ever

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Duluth,Ga.
profile.myspace.com
Returning KO and Punts is great. Sure, it is alittle difficult at first to judge where the gunners are, but once you get adjusted to it watch out! Try running to the side lines- usually the wall will form and you will get atleast a 30yrd return. On punts you sometimes have to far catch the ball-there is no where to run. Just give it some time and you will grow to like it. I've returned 3 kickoffs and 6 punts for Td's.

One thing I do not like is the new kick meter:mad2:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
crmsnrevelation said:
But we dont have to have 4 false starts per half. thats a little too harsh and possibly hurts in recruiting OLine.
can you adjust sliders to counter this?
Yes, if you go into the game settings you can adjust the chance of penalties called.

Mav^

3rd Team
Sep 11, 2005
funnyman4ever said:
Returning KO and Punts is great. Sure, it is alittle difficult at first to judge where the gunners are, but once you get adjusted to it watch out! Try running to the side lines- usually the wall will form and you will get atleast a 30yrd return. On punts you sometimes have to far catch the ball-there is no where to run. Just give it some time and you will grow to like it. I've returned 3 kickoffs and 6 punts for Td's.

One thing I do not like is the new kick meter:mad2:
I don't mind the kick meter, but I am annoyed at how many times you have to call a fair catch, as in every time. I tried to return it once when I should have called a fair catch and I got a 1 yd gain.

I have returned a few kickoffs for TDs though, but that's in my dynasty against retard teams which makes it a lot easier.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Is it just me or is it harder to score. i am not putting up ridiculous numbers anymorelike the old versions. i played a game last night where i only won 6-5 on a last second 50 yarder. it was ugly.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
I recruited a fullback after my first season and he is mindboggling!!!!
He has the coolest name of any football player except Ibok Ibok.
His name is Rhema Brey! How awesome is that. He is a 6'1 230 Monster who runs over everything.

If you get to a point in the game where you notice that the opposing team has no chance of winning or you have a pretty decent lead, put in your 2nd string.
IT WILL PAY OFF BIG TIME!

The game is harder but it makes you smarter.
I am getting sacked more often because I am checking all of my recievers and usually dont pay attention to my QB. I dont like the camera view because I cannot see my 1 & 2 recievers from the pocket so I usually rush outside and put them into view.
Sometimes I have to take a 10 step drop just to see them all.
THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!
I do not think you can fix the camera on 360. You are stuck with only one view.
Try looking at dumping off to your RB or FB from time to time. sometimes these guys are WIDE OPEN!!!!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.