NCAA 07 - prepare to fall in love again :)

funnyman4ever

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Duluth,Ga.
profile.myspace.com
Man, oh, Man! I've just touched the surface of this game, and let me say it is awesome! In just one game it has totally blown away last years version.

-The playbook is huge! Too many offensive formations to list- even the defensive playbook has been revamped.

-Animations!!!!! Tackling is a lot better and way more realistic. The slow mo action that was limited to only playermakers is now active on ANY big hit by ANY player! They camera also slows down on pass plays! Simply awesome.

-Camera angles- You can actually play at field level on ST! It is a little awkward at first but it adds a new dimesion to the game.

-Jump the play- for X-box when you tap A at the right time- you can get a jump start on the play. I've only played a game, but I completely blew up the back field against Auburn.

-Defensive Adjustments- Just like in Madden. You can make a CB blitz or go into a deep zone (avail. with all players!). The variations are almost endless.

-Darby and Simpson are beasts!

These are only a few observations from only one game. If you don't have this version or are trying to decide to buy or not- Buy it!! You will not be dissappointed.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Can you still edit a players stats in this one? I couldnt find the option last night. Jamie Christensen stats need to be "fixed". They gave him like a 76 overall.

bamafaninpa

Suspended
Oct 13, 1999
PA
You can edit a player's ratings in the roster menu. You can't edit a player's ratings from within a dynasty.

I noticed Alabama's roster is all jacked up. There are lots of incorrect numbers (fixable) and classes (which can't be fixed), Trent Davidson is still at tight end and as usual they put walk-ons like Justin Johnson, Theo Townsend and Kenneth Vandervoort in the game instead of Brandon Fanney, Byron Walton, Baron Huber, etc.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I got the 360 version and I am extremely impressed, first and foremost, with the graphics.....

here are some bullets as they come to my head:

-movement a little rough, but more realistic as to speed, tackling, and you can't do Reggie Bush highlight moves every time you try to juke, spin, etc. which you could on 06 nearly every time.

-the left stick helps you complete the long passes....move it a little right or up when you throw gets it away from the defender

-much more difficult straight out of the box and not messing with AI yet

-playbooks are much better.....had probably 6-7 plays that I really loved in 06, will use probably 4-5 times that now.

-haven't started a dynasty yet

-some players need editing, but no big deal. JPW needs to run better than a 59. Johns could use a touch more speed, but he will run over somebody- which reminds me that you can actually run over someone in this game and gain some more yards.

- had to reconfigure the controller.....just didn't make sense to my fingers

-spent most of my time practicing, mini-games, and 2 minute quarter game against the Barn-- hard as hell to run, big YAC TD to Pro, and blocked a EP to win it......

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The Alabama playbook is very similar to the Madden 06 Bengals. I like that...but it is very deficient in the bootleg area.

Overall, I like what I'm seeing for NCAA 07 on the 360. The controls are a chore to learn and the hot-route/motioning system is too time consuming for the playclock in my opinion. Those are my only complaints so far.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
If any of you are debating whether or not to get the Xbox360...or if you own one and are debating on whether or not to get NCAA07...I am here to tell you that you have already waited too long! This game has revolutionized sports on gaming consoles. For the first time, you feel like you are playing a computer generated version of the real thing...not like you are playing an arcade game that looks cool. The gameplay is great, the sounds are awesome, the announcers are entertaining, and the graphics...o the graphics. Granted, I have a large HDTV and surround sound, but the graphics are just mindblowing. I had a few friends over last night and we played Bama vs Hawaii in BDS. Every time we would make a big play, we would jump up and cheer. That's how realistic this game is. I don't want to start blabbering...just go get this game if you can. It's definitely the perfect fix for your Alabama football withdrawals.

RTR!!!

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I'll say this, the graphics aren't going to be as good as Madden 07. But I don't think that matters because the player animations are fantastic. The bodies actually react as close to real football players as I have seen.

The graphics do look better than the demo though.

Very few of our incoming freshman are in the game, although just off the top of my head, I know Andre Smith(the pretty decent true freshman LT) and Greg McElroy(the freshman QB from Texas) are already on the roster. I think there is room to create one, maybe two more freshman. I created Alex Stadler to boost the offensive line.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Just got my copy today and I'm really impressed with how it looks. The way it looks more than makes up for it not having some of the extra fluff IMO. I'm taking the time to edit the roster and already I'm finding many mistakes. EA should really do a better job than this. Anyway, can't wait to start my first dynasty!!!!:biggrin2:

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats all I have to say.
BDS is real in two places at once!!! WOW and I dont even have HDTV!

Just a few comments about 360

-I didnt have a clue as to how to navigate menus when I started, once learned it is easy!
-Either our O-line sucks or you just cant run. Hawaii completely shut me down in the run.
-DJ Hall is a beast!!! Passing is alot easier Linebackers dont have 42 inch verticles like previous versions.
-its really hard to get a good snapshot because EA needs to work on collision detection. (hands still go through bodies, people are tackled without touching them(this doesnt have an effect on gameplay though))
-some animations leave you with a :conf2: look because ... well just play it and go :conf2: (people dont get off the ground sometimes they just go *poof* and they are off the ground)
-Try zooming in while on replay.... is there a loose thread on his jersey?? haha its that real!!!!
-Players dont really match up with their body types. (They look like they belong in Madden) JPW looks like a 26 year old NFL vet on steriods!!!!
-They cannot say Roll tide Roll right (FIX THIS PLEASE)
-The crowd doesnt really get that loud. They dont get loud like they need to in key situations. This is key for the immersion of realism (I dont have a 5.1 system so this may be different on a decked out system)
-EA needs to take pictures of all of the coaches and make them look like the coaches they are. Poor CMS he looks like a president would after serving two terms
-Running Backs still churn water when stuck behind an o lineman. we should be able to dip and dive between them.
-The reflection on visors and helmets looks like South Carolina's stadium!!!!!!!!!! It is not the correct stadium. (i say USC because of the light structures)
can someone confirm that for us?
-WR really do a good job of catching. Throw the ball at the recievers feet. Thats an awesome animation!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I'm having problems running, too....so I practiced for like 2 hours on run plays. It is much easier to run up the middle and take your 4-7 yard gains than try to run outside and get two no gainers with a 7-10 yarder every 3 or 4 plays.

Johns is awesome up the gut with the impact stick...shakes em off and runs em over....

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
After playing for a while last night...and then playing Madden06 after that...I noticed that the stadiums in NCAA are the biggest draw. The thing that makes this game (for the 360) so realistic is the life-like stadiums it has. This includes the cheering and the band playing music. I noticed that the players in Madden look much more realistic. I know that the players on NCAA must be generic and all...but there's no comparison. The way the players run, the way they react to the ball, the detail on their skin, the detail on their muscles, the detail on the jerseys, the overall clarity of the players and their uniforms...it's all much, much better on Madden06. I thought that NCAA07 was built on the same engine that runs Madden06? I'm hoping NCAA08 will look more like Madden next year. I'm not saying that I don't like the game...it's a lot more fun than Madden06 and it'd definitely my favorite game...I just thought they could have done a better job than a game that was supposedly rushed to production last year.

RTR!!!

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
theBIGyowski said:
I thought that NCAA07 was built on the same engine that runs Madden06?
NCAA Football is always based on the previous year's Madden. They always tweak and customize the engine to fit NCAA though.

funnyman4ever

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Duluth,Ga.
profile.myspace.com
runtheoption22 said:
I'm having problems running, too....so I practiced for like 2 hours on run plays. It is much easier to run up the middle and take your 4-7 yard gains than try to run outside and get two no gainers with a 7-10 yarder every 3 or 4 plays.

Johns is awesome up the gut with the impact stick...shakes em off and runs em over....
Try swapping packages with Johns and Upchurch. Upchurch has a little more speed than Johns and might be able to make it to the outside edge. Also try moving a reciever to the opp. side that you are running (if they are playing man on man). Or just try to run away from the stacked side of the play (press the hot route button and press left or right to change the direction of the running play). Hopefully one of these things will work :).

BTW Darby is a beast! He won the Hiesman for me, and you can feel the drop off the next season when he is gone :(

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
funnyman4ever said:
BTW Darby is a beast! He won the Hiesman for me, and you can feel the drop off the next season when he is gone :(
Yeah...I'm gonna try to run JJ as much as I can so that he can just step up next season. So far I have not had much luck running the ball...but that's probably my fault not reading the defense correctly. I'll tell you what though...I feel bad for whoever has to sit around me this fall because I'm gonna be coaching from the stands. If for no other reason than being able to read defenses and offenses...this game is worth it. It's amazing how much you learn about the sport this way.

BTW...I won on a last second field goal last night playing Hawaii...how sad is that? It was pouring rain...and I had several fumbles...one of them returned for a TD...which is why I was behind with 58 seconds left. I had the crowd behind me though...and KB's good hands...and JC's golden toe...

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.