360 Hd-dvd

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I know this may be old news to some, but I haven't seen it posted here yet. Microsoft is making an HD-DVD drive for the 360. Here's the article.
Doesn't say when it'll be available, but I'm sure it won't be too long. :wink:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
We'll probably see more on it at MS's X06 event at the end of September where they make their big announcements and do heavy marketing for their game consoles and other stuff.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
bamapride79 said:
So that would put the 360 in PS3 price range? Seems like the PS3 isnt so overpriced after all.
If you're in the market for a HD player, no. If you're in the market for a game machine, yes.

That's one of the things I like about the 360...options. I'm waiting for this format war to settle itself out and prices to come down before I jump in.

Blu-Ray on the PS3 is nothing but a trojan horse for Sony to get Blu-Ray players into homes. They desperately need to win the HD format war and the storage capacity of Blu-Ray is going to be of pretty much no benefit for gaming. In fact, there's a possibility that PS3 games will be released on what is essentially a 9GB DVD that uses Blu-Ray code.

Anyways, there are also rumors that the 360 could see either a price cut or more bundled into it (game, Live points, etc) by the time the PS3 launches.

edit: BTW...so far, the picture quality reviews favor HD-DVD. The $500 HD-DVD player looks much better than the $1000 Blu-Ray player. Mostly because HD-DVD is using a newer video codec (VC1) while Blu-Ray is using the older mpeg-2 video codec.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.