Help with 5.1 Surround sound with Xbox 360

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
This may sound like a stupid question, but how do I hook up Xbox 360 to my 5.1 surround sound system? I'm at work right now, but I forgot what the back of the system looks like, but I would need to hook up an audio input/output for to connect my surround sound sytem and the console together right? I have DirecTV as well, but don't know if I need to hook it up with that or not. Let me know if I need to buy a seperate audio cord so I can get the most out of my surround sound while I'm playing at Bryant Denny on 360! :biggrin2:

Thanks for any advice you can give me in whatever I need to do to really make the most out of my Xbox 360.

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
Thanks Queasy...so it looks like I'll have to go to the store to buy some digital audio cords to connect my HDTV along with 360. I wish the Xbox 360 preminum system would include all that in their box package.

Would buying this stuff also hook up for surround sound for to hook up my DirecTV HD receiver with my HDTV as well?

you can email me if you want to talk more about this on the side....up to you..

playball1892@yahoo.com

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Depends on if you have two or more digital optical inputs on your stereo receiver. If you do, you'll be able to hook both your 360 and your HD receiver to your stereo receiver with two cables.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.