Full NCAA '07 gamep package..why PS2 not Xbox 360 offer that?

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
Apparently I don't know what I was thinking, as I should have gotten the NCAA '07 game for PS2 instead of 360 as I own both systems. I've been hearing that the game on PS2 is far more in-depth and you get more for your money as the one one 360 aims for the HD graphics. The stadiums on 360 are phenomenal, but I was also expecting EA to add all the other stuff onto that console that PS2 had on theirs. I know EA took it out on purpose, so they can make those "tweaks" for next year's production. They knew the 360 version will sell easily thanks to the HD graphics.

I should have gotten the PS2 version of this game.......just may have to sell the 360 game and get the PS2 game. I hope this won't be the same situation for the Madden game.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
playball31580 said:
Apparently I don't know what I was thinking, as I should have gotten the NCAA '07 game for PS2 instead of 360 as I own both systems. I've been hearing that the game on PS2 is far more in-depth and you get more for your money as the one one 360 aims for the HD graphics. The stadiums on 360 are phenomenal, but I was also expecting EA to add all the other stuff onto that console that PS2 had on theirs. I know EA took it out on purpose, so they can make those "tweaks" for next year's production. They knew the 360 version will sell easily thanks to the HD graphics.

I should have gotten the PS2 version of this game.......just may have to sell the 360 game and get the PS2 game. I hope this won't be the same situation for the Madden game.
EA sells games because it is EA.
You will buy it regardless.
I knew the 360 version would be stripped down a bit, because its EA.
They win awards because its the only game in the catagory.
"And College Football game of the year goes to...."
EA doesnt want to be ingenuitive because they dont have to be.
They **** us off and we keep buying because we have no choice.
There will be 1 or 2 new improvements during the next gen of systems and EA already knows what they are and are just waiting until they have nothing new to add.
Next year they will finish all the other stadiums that didnt make it in this game, and add all the stuff from last year. Thats about it I PROMISE IT!!

I haven't gotten a 360 because of this situation and won't get one until the next-gen sports titles have more depth. Granted, they had to build these games from the ground up, but they are insanely lacking features. Honestly, in the debate of graphics and playing the game over a long term, I'll take the long term every time.

GrantM62890

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 18, 2006
i dont have a 360 right now and i think im going to hold on to my $400 until they start going in depth with the 360 games:BigA:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
DiamondDust said:
I haven't gotten a 360 because of this situation and won't get one until the next-gen sports titles have more depth. Granted, they had to build these games from the ground up, but they are insanely lacking features. Honestly, in the debate of graphics and playing the game over a long term, I'll take the long term every time.
Starting with Madden 07, all the missing features in the various EA sports franchises will be back on the 360/next-gen versions. Madden 06, NBA Live 06 (never cared for the Live titles anyway), NCAA 07, Tiger Woods 06, etc were all first runs as they re-built the games from the ground-up for next-gen consoles.

Could they have done more? I dunno. From what I understand, working conditions at EA are pretty harsh to begin with (80+ hours per week with almost no OT).

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I personally don't see what all the fuss it about. Would it be nice to have all the features that the PS2 and Xbox have on the 360 version, yeah it would be but it doesn't take anything away from the actual gameplay in not having them IMO. I expect following years' versions will have all the options and then some, so it doesn't really bother me. I can be patient.....at least sometimes! :wink:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
You're watching the console gaming industry change focus here. HD gaming is about to take over...and there's nothing anyone can do about it. The Xbox360 was made purely for HD gaming...not to make sure your RB goes to class during the week. If you have a 360 and a HDTV you would much rather play the 360 versions of games. This progression in gaming graphics has happend on every single "next-gen" console. Also...this recent jump in gaming is going to be as big if not bigger than when the PS1 came out. Just wait until games are made specifically for the 360 and the PS3...that's when you'll see the benefits. Me personally...I'd rather have a game that looked cool and played well than something that went real deep. I had Madden06 for the current gen system and it was cool to have the extra stuff...but it got old after a few seasons. I'm telling you...if you have the HDTV setup...and surround sound...you'll never want to play anything but the 360 version of NCAA07. I'd rather stand on the 50 yard line of Bryant-Denny with almost 100,000 fans cheering...all in HD...than to make sure my starting QB went to economics on Wednesday. All the fluff will come in due time...right now...it's all about the game!

RTR!!!

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
DiamondDust said:
Well the graphics on NCAA '07 really isnt next-generation. EA better step up big time for '08.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
bamapride79 said:
That would be on the 360.
graphics are based soley on the clarity and precision of detail to a character and his surroundings. IMHO there is no other game that gives that much detail to anything.
I know that the crowds look funny when you zoom in on them but how often do you do that?

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
BEATtutorsee said:
You don't think the game looks much much better on the 360 than the PS2 or Xbox???
It looks better but not that much better. I would have to say that it looks like the game was rushed out to make a deadline. Its definately not next-gen.

crmsnrevelation said:
graphics are based soley on the clarity and precision of detail to a character and his surroundings. IMHO there is no other game that gives that much detail to anything.
I know that the crowds look funny when you zoom in on them but how often do you do that?
No other football game or any kind of game? Oblivion blows it out of the water and it has 16 sq. miles of playing area. Dont tell me that EA didnt drop the ball. :mad:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
bamapride79 said:
It looks better but not that much better. I would have to say that it looks like the game was rushed out to make a deadline. Its definately not next-gen.

No other football game or any kind of game? Oblivion blows it out of the water and it has 16 sq. miles of playing area. Dont tell me that EA didnt drop the ball. :mad:
It isn't the case with everybody, but some people had their expectations raised to unreasonable levels by that Madden next-gen 'target' video that was shown prior to the 360's release. Madden '06 didn't come close to that. I don't even think Madden '07 does either even though it looks miles better than '06.

Just remember that the NCAA games are based on the previous year's Madden games. In other words, NCAA '07 is based on Madden '06 with some different features and tweaks.

Both Madden '06 and NCAA '07 are missing features because they are completely rebuilt for next-gen. Go take a look at previews for Madden '07 and see all the stuff that has been added. I suspect will see the same for NCAA '08.

Personally, I think NCAA '07 is 'next-gen' in some respects (animation) and not 'next-gen' in others (graphics could be better). The gameplay still makes it one hella-fun game though.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Queasy1 said:
Personally, I think NCAA '07 is 'next-gen' in some respects (animation) and not 'next-gen' in others (graphics could be better). The gameplay still makes it one hella-fun game though.
The stadiums, player reactions, and game excitement alone make the 360 version of the game better than the current-gen counterparts. All the extra stuff on the current-gen can't replace the game environment you get on the 360. I can't wait to see how much better next year's version is going to be...especially since the PS3 will hopefully be out by then. Having 2 next-gen systems out will make EA focus a lot more on their next-gen versions...which means better gaming for everyone!

RTR

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
bamapride79 said:

But if you notice while you run straight lines through a forrest you always get LOADING........LOADING........LOADING
It might be a guess but when you put so much detail into 70 some odd stadiums it might equal about 16 sq miles

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.