NCAA 07 for the 360 Disc Error / Freezing

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
Hey, have any of you guys experienced the "dirty disc" error during gameplay? I've had it freeze w/ that error, and also just freeze totally w/ no error. It has happened twice during cut scenes during gameplay and twice when I have hit the "start" button and in the instant replay mode and once on a snapshot. Just checking to see if anyone on tidefans has had this problem. I've noticed that the subject has been popping up on several gamer boards...thx

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I've had it happen once during a game. It stopped and then came up and told me to clean the disc and restart the console. Needless to say, I was a little ticked! I hope it doesn't happen again.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Rolling Tide said:
Clean your CD drive. It is either dirty or it is going bad.
Surely that can't be the case for me seeing how it's a brand new console, but I don't know about cooleddie.

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm at work right now, but I'll check the manufacturing date when I get home. It's a new console that was just purchased the last week of April so it's just now 3 months old. I haven't had any trouble w/ other games so I'm thinking that it must be some kind of glitch w/ the game.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
I purchased my first 360 in march and it was made in october of last year.
I would try a new disc.
I have not had trouble with my NCAA, but on other games on my old 360 I would begin to have that problem and within a week my system said "Sputter Sputter DEAD!"

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
If your 360 starts freezing you need to clear your cache. Restart the system and hold down the "A" button until the game loads. Its lame but it works. :rolleye2:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
If you want to try cleaning your discs, use an anti-static wipe or even a baby wipe to clean the disc. Be sure to wipe from the center out.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Queasy1 said:
If you want to try cleaning your discs, use an anti-static wipe or even a baby wipe to clean the disc. Be sure to wipe from the center out.
Best quote on VGG board ever
You dont know how much i cringe when i see someone circle wipe it.
60 bucks could go strait down the toilet.

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
I contacted Rhino games, which is were the game was purchased, and told them about the issue that I was having. The associate wanted me to try cleaning the dust from my 360 and make sure that it had plenty of room away from other electronic equipment because it may be overheating. I can see where that is a good place to start, however, I can play Halo 2 online for hours and never have a problem so I don't think that is the issue. He did say that I could exchange the disc for a new one so I think I'll do that and let you guys know if I have better luck.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I exchanged mine yesterday but had the same damn thing happen with the new one today!!!:mad::mad: I really hope it's not a problem with my 360. With it happening to so many other people though, I tend to think it may just be a bad run of games from EA. I'll tell you one thing though, it's frustrating as hell to play a game to near completion and then have the thing tell you it can't read the disc.:mad:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.